Mt. Gelato Mine

#1oregonn8vPosted 4/27/2009 5:27:05 AM
I had only completed the third rainbow (Ben's) about a week ago (ToT time) and finally decided to descend into the Mt. Gelato Mine.

I spent nearly a full day there and descended to the 14th or 15th level, had several shining lunches and was able to do quite a bit of mining but I found nothing...and I mean NOTHING. There was copper and silver ore, but none with a "sparkle".

Was I just unlucky in the random sequence of events or is Mt. Gelato Mine less enriched that the Ganache Mine? It was pretty frustrating that I did not even get a wonderful that I knew would be glass once refined. The Mt. G Mine seemed empty.
#2DetroitDJPosted 4/27/2009 6:33:36 AM
Mt. Gelato is much, much, much more enriched and profitable than Ganache Mine.

The problem is, you stopped at the 15th level. Starting at the 38th level is where Mt. Gelato gets really good.
---
FAQ of the Month Winner, August 2008; Review of the Month Winner, October 2008 & November 2007
45 - 42
#3mister_jmpPosted 4/27/2009 4:42:34 PM
I wouldn't bother with looking for ore at Mt. Gelato. Considering how long the trek is to get there, going after wonderfuls would be the best use of your time. If you need ores, I'd stick to Ganache.

And try descending to floor 38 of Mt. Gelato and you'll see what DetroitDJ means...
---
Except the inevitable.
#4DetroitDJPosted 4/27/2009 5:14:33 PM

I wouldn't bother with looking for ore at Mt. Gelato. Considering how long the trek is to get there, going after wonderfuls would be the best use of your time. If you need ores, I'd stick to Ganache.

Actually, I'd disagree there. I only discovered it recently, but the 45th floor in Gelato is packed full of Iron and Silver ores - I gathered 6 sparkling Iron Ore on one trip there once, and saw several other Silver (but didn't need them).

I haven't found a floor with lots of Gold or Copper, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the other deep odd-numbered floors had those.
---
FAQ of the Month Winner, August 2008; Review of the Month Winner, October 2008 & November 2007
45 - 42
#5mister_jmpPosted 4/27/2009 7:14:22 PM
Interesting. I am much more familiar with Ganache (even though Gelato is more profitable). I'll have to check it out.

Is there a map for Gelato like there is for Ganache? I don't recall seeing one, but I suppose it wouldn't be hard to miss, given the constrained camera angles and all.
---
Except the inevitable.
#6DetroitDJPosted 4/27/2009 7:25:55 PM
Good question, I have no idea.
---
45 - 42