This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

q about censored uncensored

#1grandtheftlivesPosted 2/16/2010 4:03:54 AM
First of all I might blabber on a bit,
Iíve been reading about the censored and uncensored versions [I know Iím a little slow] the UK version is 18 and the USA version says m, as in rated where I read it says if I buy either of these versions I will get the uncensored version is this true. But the weird thing is the aus version I have says ma on it which is 15+ no 18+ for some stupid reason. The point or 1 of them is the USA version is rated m is this still the uncensored version. I wrote version a lot didnít I oops here it is again version. If you can understand this you are smarter than me.

Thanks for any help

---
remember laziness isn't a disease its a a lifestyle
#2play_thegamePosted 2/16/2010 4:43:47 AM
your question is very unclear. im going to assume you are asking if the british or american versions are uncensored, compared to the australian version which is. due to australian censorship laws, both the new zealand and australian versions where given 15 ratings and censored. the new zealand version was subsequently resubmitted, this time rated under NZ law instead of Australian, so it has an uncensored version. the PC version of the game in new zealand is uncensored, but the console versions are.
#3play_thegamePosted 2/16/2010 4:44:36 AM
sorry the pc version of the game in australia is uncensored but the consoles are.
#4adz-specPosted 2/16/2010 10:48:47 PM
the game was only censored here in australia. i wasn't having any of that so i ordered a copy from the UK. it's uncensored.
---
nugget
#5gamefaqwatcherPosted 2/17/2010 2:27:41 AM
Ballanation, so im guessing the UK ps3 games work on our au ps3's? like the pal on ps2 stuff.

hmm if so i might order my eflc copy from the UK :D Thx
#6Hagen7Posted 2/17/2010 2:53:10 AM
EfLC was uncensored here in Oz.
---
Just refer to me as Hagen.
Boards frequented: GTA IV, GTA: EfLC, Heavy Rain, B:AA2, LA Noire, C-12.
#7adz-specPosted 2/17/2010 2:57:45 AM
Ballanation, so im guessing the UK ps3 games work on our au ps3's? like the pal on ps2 stuff.

PS3 games are region free, so any game from anywhere in the world will work on any PS3 console. the only restriction i know of has to do with the type of TV. for SDTVs, a game from north america (NTSC) for example will not display correctly (or even not at all, i'm not sure exactly) on a PAL SDTV, and vice versa. this doesn't matter with HDTVs. that's why i ordered a copy of GTA IV from the UK. they're PAL over there as well, so it would work on SDTVs here. if i had ordered an NTSC version of it, i'd only be able to play it on HDTVs, or SDTVs capable of displaying NTSC signals...or some **** like that.

hmm if so i might order my eflc copy from the UK :D Thx

it seems likely that EfLC will not be censored here, so there'd be no point getting it from the UK. it would still work normally on your console though.
---
nugget
#8Hagen7Posted 2/17/2010 3:51:15 AM
TC the reason the Aus version says MA15+ not 18+ is because we're the only Western country that doesn't have an 18+ rating for games.

If a game doesn't match the guidelines of the MA15+ rating, it gets either banned or censored.

We need all Attorney-Generals to say yes to an 18+ rating for it to become law.
South Australian Attorney-General Michael Atkinson is the only one saying no.
EB Games currently has a petition going for an 18+ rating for games and I've signed it.

EfLC has already been rated acceptable here, uncensored, and has been given an MA15+ for 360.

This means that the PS3 and PC version are already rated, as they're the same game.
---
Just refer to me as Hagen.
Boards frequented: GTA IV, GTA: EfLC, Heavy Rain, B:AA2, LA Noire, C-12.
#9gamefaqwatcherPosted 2/17/2010 7:02:43 PM
wow i never knew that, thanks for the explaination. :)