This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions about Episodes From Liberty City.

#1The_LimitPosted 4/10/2012 2:32:13 PM
First, I have a LOT of questions, so I appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer them. I just bought the Episodes From Liberty City DLC from PSN and I'm downloading it now. When it's done, do I get to pick which DLC to play? Or how does that work? I wanted to start with TBOGT, but do I have to play them in order with TLATD coming first? And also, what are the features of each DLC? and will I have access to the features in both? Thanks again to anyone who answers.
---
PSN: TheLimit32
UMVC3: Wolverine/Magneto/Phoenix
#2deltamustang_65Posted 4/10/2012 6:39:42 PM
The_Limit posted...
I just bought the Episodes From Liberty City DLC from PSN and I'm downloading it now. When it's done, do I get to pick which DLC to play?

No. The game sends you to Los Venturas to play a slot-related minigame where your actions/results decide which game you will play. This is repeated after each mission. Don't worry though, there are "systems" where you can influence your chances of getting the episode you want by up to 13%.

And also, what are the features of each DLC? and will I have access to the features in both? Thanks again to anyone who answers.

You should never begin a sentence with "and". The features for each DLC are likely found on their respective message boards here. Sadly, you aren't able to access both at the same time. The same LV slot game comes into play, even when starting a game online. You can end up playing TLaD with BoGT's features, or BoGT with TLaD's features. Or you could get royally screwed and play with vanilla IV's features in the expansions. It's all part of the fun, and it keeps things exciting.

Thanks R*!
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#3The_Limit(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 7:25:43 PM
-___- That wasn't funny...
---
#4Forgive_ForgetPosted 4/11/2012 5:47:48 AM
I dunno, I thought it was pretty funny.

When you go to the pause menu and go to the "Load" selection (or I think it's load, idr) and start a New Game, it will ask you if you want to start GTA IV, TLAD or TBoGT. First time you start up, it will ask you if you want to start playing either one first.

No, you don't have to play them in order of events and it's just The Lost and Damned, Not "The Damned", that's bothering me.

TLAD features: Biker gang/Buddy backup heath system . New weapons like the Sawed-off shotgun and Automatic Pistol are added. Arm wrestling, air-hockey are added activities. Bike races. Ability to call friends for bikes (free) and discounted weapons. New radio songs. Bike collecting (like Brucie or Stevie's car stealing). Much easier controlling on motorcycles. All I can remember. New cars.

TBoGT features: Clubbing. Able to go to 2 different clubs and play a dance mini game, drink shots and a drinking mini game as well as floor manager mini game. New parachute is added along with new weapons. Underground fight club is added. Golf is added to activities. New helicopter is added. "Booty calls" are added. 3 or 4 different clothes options are added. New TV shows. New cars. Drug wars missions.

Multiplayer is reflected by each game accordingly. That's all I can remember.
---
I get wasted and get on the boards. That kiddies, is a bad idea.
#5The_Limit(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 5:55:50 AM
Forgive_Forget posted...
I dunno, I thought it was pretty funny.

When you go to the pause menu and go to the "Load" selection (or I think it's load, idr) and start a New Game, it will ask you if you want to start GTA IV, TLAD or TBoGT. First time you start up, it will ask you if you want to start playing either one first.

No, you don't have to play them in order of events and it's just The Lost and Damned, Not "The Damned", that's bothering me.

TLAD features: Biker gang/Buddy backup heath system . New weapons like the Sawed-off shotgun and Automatic Pistol are added. Arm wrestling, air-hockey are added activities. Bike races. Ability to call friends for bikes (free) and discounted weapons. New radio songs. Bike collecting (like Brucie or Stevie's car stealing). Much easier controlling on motorcycles. All I can remember. New cars.

TBoGT features: Clubbing. Able to go to 2 different clubs and play a dance mini game, drink shots and a drinking mini game as well as floor manager mini game. New parachute is added along with new weapons. Underground fight club is added. Golf is added to activities. New helicopter is added. "Booty calls" are added. 3 or 4 different clothes options are added. New TV shows. New cars. Drug wars missions.

Multiplayer is reflected by each game accordingly. That's all I can remember.

Alright, thanks. And my bad, lol, The Lost And Damned.
---
#6FishOfPainPosted 4/11/2012 12:04:28 PM
Don't worry, I also wanted to call it TLATD for a while...

I think F_F is pretty much spot-on. Some things from TLAD are kept in BoGT: The better friend management (you can hang out with all friends instead of one by one in both DLC), Air Hockey is in BoGT too, and BoGT also adds its own set of songs to the radio. TLAD also has Gang Wars, which is somewhat similar to the Drug Wars of BoGT.
---
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
#7deltamustang_65Posted 4/13/2012 11:13:08 PM
The_Limit posted...
-___- That wasn't funny...

Gee, sorry. Was not sure if topic was serious.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743