This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

System link?

#1camerica19Posted 4/17/2008 11:33:13 PM
Hey I'm at college and we can only play halo 3 over system link. So basically our entire school plays over the network. I was just wondering if GTA is going to be system link enabled?
#2CADE FOSTERPosted 4/17/2008 11:33:52 PM
ur guess is as good as everyone elses
#3jbjkingPosted 4/17/2008 11:34:14 PM
most likely.
#4fesboy82Posted 4/20/2008 3:03:40 AM

I've been trying to find this out everywhere and nobody knows. I've even e-mailed rockstar support and they are saying "the information is not yet available".

Firstly, by now they would know if a system link option exhists as the game is already being shipped to retailers (according to an article in gamespot) so it seems strange not to announce it. Secondly, all reporters who have had a hands on demonstration with the multiplayer have commented on how even though they were in the same office, the multiplayer was running through the internet.

These two factors point towards the game not having the system link option which is unfortunate being as I love system link.

But who knows, this is just my guess.

#5SabliciousPosted 4/20/2008 4:21:02 AM
No system link = gay in the bum with no lube.

>_>
---
Official member of The Organisation For The Prohibition Of The Procreation Of Bogans (TOFTPOTPOB) -Est. 2006
#6WhestzidePosted 4/20/2008 6:35:22 AM
I dont think i would buy the game if it doesnt have system link multiplayer, ive already got plans to bring my friends over and hook up 4+ consoles for a good multiplayer night. Why would they force players to connect through online content?

It seems like they're overcomplicating things by not having an easy to use system link mode...
---
"The bigger the headache, the bigger the pill baby!"
Dr. Funkenstein
#7fesboy82Posted 4/20/2008 7:30:44 AM

I've been planning to have 8 console link up on the release day. I did it for Halo 3 and it was one of the best gaming experiences of my life. With system link you are guaranteed a lag-free game in a more sociable enviroment.

The only reason I can see why Rockstar won't release the information regarding system link at this point is because they know it will deter some gamers from planning to purchase the game.

The game development is finished - just tell us!

#8JasperPosted 4/20/2008 7:44:58 AM
fesboy82 posted...

Firstly, by now they would know if a system link option exhists as the game is already being shipped to retailers (according to an article in gamespot) so it seems strange not to announce it. Secondly, all reporters who have had a hands on demonstration with the multiplayer have commented on how even though they were in the same office, the multiplayer was running through the internet.

These two factors point towards the game not having the system link option which is unfortunate being as I love system link.

But who knows, this is just my guess.

Though if I remember correctly Gamespot said they were playing it on the internet to show how it does on the internet, but I might be mistaking that for another game I read about."

#9L337_G4M3Z0R3RPosted 4/20/2008 7:52:30 AM
Are they gunna have offline multiplayer?
---
Consoles owned: PS2, Wii, X-box 360
#10fesboy82Posted 4/20/2008 9:06:18 AM

"Though if I remember correctly Gamespot said they were playing it on the internet to show how it does on the internet, but I might be mistaking that for another game I read about."

You're right Jasper, Gamespot did say they played on the internet to demonstrate the smoothness of the online play. Still worrying that there is no talk of a system link option though.