This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kalem Vulaj...

#1Conway_TwillPosted 3/28/2011 9:31:12 AM

I'm replaying and I realized that Albanian goon Kalem has no lastname...he doesn't even appear on the LCPD database, yet it's labelled as Mr. Kalem VULAJ (real Albanian lastname I must say) around the web.

Also, in the gang hood of Little Bay (Bohan) I found the same sking walking around as an NPC...

Does anyone know how to find if the original file has a lastname or not?

I know that this sounds worthless, but it's too weird.

#2_Gear_Posted 3/28/2011 11:53:20 AM
*Patiently waits for InfernoDragon to show up*
#3Conway_Twill(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2011 12:52:41 PM

_Gear_ posted...
*Patiently waits for InfernoDragon to show up*

What in the heck is this?

#4InfernoSDPosted 3/28/2011 4:45:44 PM
Had a similar problem with Ray Bulgarin. Someone on Wikipedia had decided his first name should be "Rodislav" instead, even though he's never called anything but "Ray" in the game. Then the whole internet took it up.

Could be the same thing here. Likewise with the other Albanians' surnames.
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||¦¦, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/
#5_Gear_Posted 3/29/2011 12:42:03 PM
Like I said.
#6Conway_Twill(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2011 6:52:06 AM

This is getting REAL weird...no answers yet.

#7spaceeinsteinPosted 4/9/2011 5:50:08 PM(edited)
Thanks for the message, Inferno. After I can get back to being able to use my computer, I'll see if I can verify this. I'm guessing it's most likely made up, because the same person who created Bulgarin's first name and Andrei's last name was the same person who created Kalem's last name (edits in chronological order):
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_characters&diff=prev&oldid=209923677
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_characters&diff=prev&oldid=213667807
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_characters&diff=prev&oldid=244574634
It's interesting that there are a lot of made up names in GTA IV that become accepted as fact when no one tries to verify them for a long time.
---
Read FAQs please! To know nothing is bad, but to learn nothing is worse.
GameFAQs does not like alt codes
#8Conway_Twill(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2011 2:03:50 AM

It's interesting that there are a lot of made up names in GTA IV that become accepted as fact when no one tries to verify them for a long time.

That's the thing. R* just accepted that? I mean, after all Vulaj is a proper Albanian lastname...still...weird.

#9Conway_Twill(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2011 2:05:00 AM

It's spelled Kemal. So...

#10spaceeinsteinPosted 4/16/2011 1:13:08 AM(edited)
I think I said that wrong. I meant that the audience made up some stuff that gets accepted as truth. Like the Bigfoot phenomenon, there are still people that get duped and believe it to be true because so many people says so. This time it was names that were made up by that one user.
---
Read FAQs please! To know nothing is bad, but to learn nothing is worse.
º¿ºspaceeinsteinº¿º ©spaceeinstein