This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

best overall video game... ever?

#1green_aboboPosted 2/12/2012 9:51:59 PM

debateable, yet its gotta be in the discussion.

the mini games, the freedom, the tv (love the knife show) and the cutscenes/action/vehicle use, the cell phone interface, and the multiplayer in this game allow it to be above and beyond the experience of the previous games.

nicko's the man. i remember the first time i took the game for a spin (on a cold and rainy april evening, i waited outside for 4 hours to get my hands on the preorder) i fell in love instantly. i literally just explored as much as i could after the first real mission, and had a ball.

omg; the lost and the damned is fantastic. i freakin love celtic frost!

b.o.g.t. i have yet to buy. guessing its equally awesome?

could you imagine if the next one features the facial expressions/voice acting of LA noire?

this is an instant classic. years from now, people will still be talking about this ground breaking game. i know i will.

#2schmittycent2Posted 2/13/2012 5:05:37 PM
Red dead would be my favorite of all time Gta 4 is up there for sure
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#3nuclearwinter85Posted 2/13/2012 10:17:41 PM

my favourite game of all time is GTA: San Andreas, i just haven't found a game that can top it yet, not even the. which is made more amazing by the fact that it has to be around 10 years old by now. the only real issue is that the engine it uses is obviously outdated. GTA 4 is definately in my top 10 though.

#4EgoKiller801Posted 2/15/2012 8:11:11 AM
I agree with the previous two, GTA: SA and Red Dead are easily two of my favorite games. I like this game, but I really felt underwhelmed when I first popped it in compared to when I first played SA. I think I was probably expecting too much. There just doesn't seem to be as much to do in this game when compared to SA abd RDR. I've had this game since the day it came out and still haven't beaten it. I did dump a good 300+ hours into the game (multiplayer mainly), but that pales in comparison to how much I've played SA and RDR (literaly thousands of hours).
---
Playing: Pokemon White, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, Advance Wars 2.
White FC: 2967-3038-8873
#5ccgilPosted 2/19/2012 11:23:32 AM
green_abobo posted...
debateable, yet its gotta be in the discussion.the mini games, the freedom, the tv (love the knife show) and the cutscenes/action/vehicle use, the cell phone interface, and the multiplayer in this game allow it to be above and beyond the experience of the previous games.nicko's the man. i remember the first time i took the game for a spin (on a cold and rainy april evening, i waited outside for 4 hours to get my hands on the preorder) i fell in love instantly. i literally just explored as much as i could after the first real mission, and had a ball.omg; the lost and the damned is fantastic. i freakin love celtic frost!b.o.g.t. i have yet to buy. guessing its equally awesome?could you imagine if the next one features the facial expressions/voice acting of LA noire?this is an instant classic. years from now, people will still be talking about this ground breaking game. i know i will.

if there were checkpoints I would completely agree.
---
inglourious basterds- elite gaming clan
http://thebasterds.forumotion.com/
#6Lemmywinks13Posted 2/20/2012 4:20:22 AM
Car controls suck too much, soundtrack sucks, and the lack of checkpoints is a definate deal breaker. Game is pretty good though.
#7TheGoldenStatePosted 2/25/2012 10:53:29 PM
its not the best gta game so... no

good game for sure, but not enough
---
PSN: TheGoldenAce
Platinums:
COD:WaW,GTAIV,KZ2,BFBC,Mercs2,GFII,007:QoS,MW2,UC1,UC2,inFAMOUS,OFP:DR,Wolfenstein,MoH:FL,Saboteur, Madden10
#8Perfect LightPosted 2/27/2012 1:41:05 PM
GTA4 is my favorite game of all time, followed closely by Red Dead Redemption.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes...learn something new
#9green_abobo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2012 9:24:58 PM
the only game that even remotely comes close to it is batman arkham city, imho.

i disagree about the soundtrack.

especially the lost and the damned!!! celtic frost... 4 life!!!!
#10FiredracaxPosted 3/7/2012 6:16:14 PM
Eh, I wouldn't go so far to say that it's the best game ever, but it most certainly is up there. GTA IV is one of the most sophisticated and well-put together games that I've seen, you can't deny that.