This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jeez, is Liberty City's population made up of 50 % cops ?

#1VasDeferensPosted 4/13/2012 2:02:49 PM
I started a new game again this week, and I swear I can't drive or walk around without suddenly getting a two star wanted level . I back out of Roman's garage and I back into a patrol car . I accidentally hit a lampost or a parked car while driving, and sure enough there's a patrol car within hailing distance to see it .
---
I fail in life so I can win in games .
#2stapler87Posted 4/14/2012 3:37:46 AM
Yea, that's definitely a gripe I have with this game. There's always a cop somewhere, whether or on foot or in a patrol car, that's able to see every ****ing thing you do.
---
"How come when its us, its an abortion, and when its a chicken, its an omelet?" - George Carlin
#3Aadrian1234Posted 4/14/2012 1:32:21 PM
Rockstar also stated that with the addition of cell phones, the cops don't even need to see you, a civilian can just call them up
---
PSN-Aadrianseth
3DS FC: 0817-4248-5560 PM me so I can add your FC. Warning: I start posting some weird stuff when I'm bored. You have been warned
#4bender8877Posted 4/14/2012 7:18:39 PM
I do however like the fact that you can call the cops yourself, and the 911 operator sounds so miserable lol.
---
[This message was deleted because of your face]
#57MZ000Posted 4/16/2012 9:31:21 PM
Kill dem snitches
#6d1sPosted 4/17/2012 6:12:23 AM
Aadrian1234 posted...
Rockstar also stated that with the addition of cell phones, the cops don't even need to see you, a civilian can just call them up

There would still need to be a surplus of police officers considering the astonishing response time.
---
http://tinyurl.com/83hpvh7
Currently playing: No one gives a ****.
#7dafreestylekingPosted 4/17/2012 10:28:43 PM
That's my number one gripe with this game...by far! It grinds my gears.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkFhC_k_m8k
Jimmie The Juggernaut Johnson!
#8brute_strengthPosted 4/29/2012 12:00:42 PM
Haha, I know what you mean. As great as the series is, when they introduced this new wanted level system they pretty much killed the fun for me and really make me not want to play this or subsequent games unless it's changed.

It's bad when a cop trips over you as you are standing still and you get a wanted level...and they end up killing you all for that. That makes it not fun.
---
U.S.A.F.
#9GentlemenBlackPosted 4/29/2012 1:03:03 PM
I'm beginning to think that anyone who has any gripes with the wanted system in IV is blocking out the memory of the horrible system that was in the prior games.

It's seriously not even a challenge in this game to lose any notoriety level with the authorities. Drive away really fast or skirt down a side street. Simple.
---
Didn't you know? Apparently if your series of irrelevant numbers are higher, you win the internets
#10brute_strengthPosted 4/29/2012 10:11:11 PM
Never been able to skirt them by going down a side street...actually that seems to always make it go up even more. I'm just saying I don't like all of this "realism" in every aspect of the game. Perhaps it's because of a few bad experiences that are painting a bad picture of this for me and I'll give you that, but I don't want to "have" to go so far out of the way just to remove a wanted level that was completely their fault.
---
U.S.A.F.