Are there really no cars to drive in the City?

#1smerf1Posted 9/13/2011 5:39:10 AM
I can't find a single one that works, maybe you have to fix one up again? But the "Tank" worked fine getting to the city, why can I not drive that now?
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 9/13/2011 5:40:39 AM
There are multiple cares in the city, namely in the warehouse
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
#3smerf1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2011 5:41:15 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...

Driveable though?
#4Rickenbacker69Posted 9/13/2011 5:45:46 AM
You get one after the pump house story mission, although you don't get to keep it for very long. At least I didn't.
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 9/13/2011 5:50:22 AM
smerf1 posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...

Driveable though?

yes, though cars are kind of pointless because of how congested the roads are with random junk.

oh and you can fast travel to every corner of the map basically
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
#6Nito_MusashiPosted 9/13/2011 5:53:33 AM
^that you can get a car at the gas station but you can only drive like 2 roads in the whole city.if you got one way out of the gas stations and the road is nothing but barricades so you cant get any speed and get mauled by zombies. City and jungle it just seems better to grit your teeth and run.
#7smerf1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2011 6:01:36 AM
Nito_Musashi posted...
^that you can get a car at the gas station but you can only drive like 2 roads in the whole city.if you got one way out of the gas stations and the road is nothing but barricades so you cant get any speed and get mauled by zombies. City and jungle it just seems better to grit your teeth and run.

Jungle? As in the first map? That place was awesome to drive.
Just seems like I'm trying to find away around all the zombies in the city instead of killing them, due to the masses of them and how powerfull they are.
#8highpriest64Posted 9/13/2011 6:02:58 AM
It is possible to drive around most of the roads in the city actually, there's nearly always a gap in the barricades you can go through.
---
The Circle Rune says...
"The dream of Zeal is alive."
#9smerf1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2011 6:28:14 AM
High Priest Hikusaak posted...
It is possible to drive around most of the roads in the city actually, there's nearly always a gap in the barricades you can go through.

Gut you don't get a car untill a certain mission?
#10highpriest64Posted 9/13/2011 6:39:56 AM
It's an early mission, and the car in the gas station is always there I believe.
---
The Circle Rune says...
"The dream of Zeal is alive."