Co-Op Partners Leveling Out Of No Where?

#1KhebenPosted 11/30/2011 2:35:15 PM
I've done a little bit of searching and I haven't seen anything on this, but I apologize if it has been discussed/pointed out before.

Two friends and I started playing together a few nights ago. At the time we were all roughly around the same level, stopped playing when we were in the 8-13ish range (one friend ran into the "no quest xp" bug so he ended up starting a fresh chapter 2 char, so he was behind a bit).

Anyway, the next day we went to load up and after playing for a short bit our other friend suddenly noticed his character was level 22. He somehow gained a good 7+ levels/skill points out of no where.

So after looking it up and finding nothing, we decided to hell with the level differences we had and to just start fresh chapter 2 chars all at the same time. We were all level 3 and going just fine for a while until suddenly the other guy (one who restarted originally) notices that he just popped to level 8 (while the other two of us were still 3-4). We were definitely getting quest XP, and it's not like we went afk while he killed hordes of zombies or anything.

So anyway, point is... has anyone else run into this sudden level change issue? Or perhaps any idea on what might have caused it and how we can avoid that happening? It'd really ruin the experience if we were suddenly getting level shifts out of no where, not to mention issues arising from there being big gaps in our levels.
#2DrakNitePosted 12/3/2011 5:02:53 AM
It's probably bonus experience for completing challenges, which are account based rather than character based for some silly reason. You can see where you are on challenges by going into Extras in the menu.
---
"Those are brave men," he told Ser Balon in admiration. "Let's go kill them." ~ Tyrion
#3MelodicMizeryPosted 12/5/2011 9:12:24 AM

if you hit a thug in the arm and break it and keep hitting the same spot itll give u  buncha points. also level 3 to 7 isnt very many xp points. a main quest or high sidequest can level that up pretty fast

#4WongsterPosted 12/5/2011 11:04:18 AM

if you hit a thug in the arm and break it and keep hitting the same spot itll give u  buncha points. also level 3 to 7 isnt very many xp points. a main quest or high sidequest can level that up pretty fast

This EXP exploit was removed in v1.3.0.
---
Dominic : Why do you call yourself 'The Arcane'?!
Clyde: ...because it sounded badass?