I don't like playing as a woman PERIOD

#81gyrobotPosted 10/28/2008 2:35:36 PM
I kind of dislike how the reimmagining of two of Sega's series was with a girl in place of both a hero and a Heroine(Alien Syndrome had Aileen Harding). Not that it detered me, but still.
---
'When in 21st century America, act like the freaking Romans 2,000 years ago. Random counter-productive brutality for the win!'
#82NexusTenebrarePosted 10/29/2008 12:14:37 PM
Sheesh! It's amazing how quickly people go crying mysoginy.
It's not like a person could prefer men without actually hating women, could they?
And then we have people who claim to be the adults on here, making plainly bigoted insults (I'm looking at you Super_Shinobi).
Maybe you could just accept that some people like diferent things from yourselves without resorting to childish namecalling.
Like I said before, I have no problem with female main characters if the franchise was built around that. But a franchise built around character selection should not focus on a single character.
I like Lara Croft, one of my favorite Killer Instinct characters was B. Orchid, I played Legend of Kartia with the female main character rather than the male. So you can cram your mysoginy in your you know what.
---
"Alas, poor Nupraptor - I knew him well. Well, not really." ~ Kain (Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain)
#83Super_ShinobiPosted 10/29/2008 2:12:13 PM
Not at all Nexus I read stupid posts of sexually insecure people who seemed about 10.. Such as one woman wouldn't beat loads loads of men.. So in there argument no human would beat some gigantic monsters on Golden Axe, or a God or whatever Death Adder is as he's died about 3 times, and supposed to be immortal in the Golden Axe cannon..

So Call of Duty is unrealistic as no single soldier could beat the entire German Army single-handedly.. Gears of War is un-realistic as no single man could beat a entire alien army single handedly...

Also the other comment "I don't like female characters so that means the entire male population doesn't like female characters"

Nexus - I do apologise for not being as super hip and cool as you obviously think the below three posters are.. Define how the below 3 posts are non sexist intelligent well written and well argued..
deadordeader -"Call me sexist all you want but I hate playing as a woman I can't get into the game when I have to play as a female."
Wario GBA said Women are gay, chicks are for **gs
r8rfan2000 - "I actually agree. In Perfect Dark Zero it wasn't so bad but when it's a 3rd person game i just think it's wierd watching/playing a woman killing hundreds of people..."

If any of them had said they wouldn't play a game because the main character was black, such as the threads posted by there ilkon the GTA forums.. You would have been throwing your toys out of your pram faster than a speeding bullet...
#84Super_ShinobiPosted 10/29/2008 2:21:13 PM
And Nexus by your admition you prefer men, so you contradicted yourself again.. You ever get that naked link figure figure?
#85NexusTenebrarePosted 10/29/2008 3:37:51 PM
Not at all Nexus I read stupid posts of sexually insecure people who seemed about 10.. Such as one woman wouldn't beat loads loads of men.. So in there argument no human would beat some gigantic monsters on Golden Axe, or a God or whatever Death Adder is as he's died about 3 times, and supposed to be immortal in the Golden Axe cannon..

So Call of Duty is unrealistic as no single soldier could beat the entire German Army single-handedly.. Gears of War is un-realistic as no single man could beat a entire alien army single handedly...

I'm sure there are posts like that, but that has little to do with those of us who have valid arguments.
I'm not defending specific people here. I'm defending people who might want to play as a guy in a Golden Axe game.

Also the other comment "I don't like female characters so that means the entire male population doesn't like female characters"

Nexus - I do apologise for not being as super hip and cool as you obviously think the below three posters are.. Define how the below 3 posts are non sexist intelligent well written and well argued..

I fail to see how anything I said (let alone what you quoted there) has to do with being super hip and cool. I didn't call anyone super hip or cool and I wouldn't even ever use those words to describe anyone.
And once again, I'm not defending specific people here.

As for your analogy with GTA. If they just said they prefered playing with white characters (without actually being racist), I wouldn't have a problem with it . The situation is hardly the same either.

And lastly, you quoting homophobic comments is rather ironic since you make them yourself.
Like this: Just because a few members of the village people and a few 10 yea old boys don't like it tough
Or this: And Nexus by your admition you prefer men, so you contradicted yourself again.. You ever get that naked link figure figure?
What is it contradicting and what do you even mean about a naked link figure?
---
"Alas, poor Nupraptor - I knew him well. Well, not really." ~ Kain (Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain)
#86TightNinjaPosted 10/29/2008 6:51:51 PM
I am suprised we are arguing over this topic. The fact the Tyris is so hot is like the only redemming quality of this game.
---
GOD PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!