Who is the Origami Killer? (Spoilers Obviously)

#1LRP21Posted 2/11/2010 11:19:26 AM
Does anyone know yet? I know Ethan Mars is the prime suspect but I would like to know before I begin to play the game who the killer is, yes I love spoilers, sue me.
---
PSN ID: LRP21
#2BriankblPosted 2/11/2010 11:30:44 AM
I don't get you, TC, but whatever lol

I would never trade in the experience I had when playing KotoR and getting completely floored at the major plot twist towards the end of the game, for knowing ahead of time what the plot twist was going to be........

---
"All I was trying to say is that rape really isn't that bad of a thing." - GameFAQs User: Kriegsministe
#3EphemeralHrtlndPosted 2/11/2010 11:33:34 AM
Depending on your decisions, the identity varies. However, I'm willing to go out on a limb and offer my guess -- Madison Paige.
#4steveoSEKPosted 2/11/2010 11:38:04 AM

From: EphemeralHrtlnd | Posted: 2/11/2010 12:33:34 PM | #003
Depending on your decisions, the identity varies. However, I'm willing to go out on a limb and offer my guess -- Madison Paige.

would make sense.

she has a sleeping problem, has a crush on ethan, etc...
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/2r2ri13.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/2exyeco.jpg http://i48.tinypic.com/2r2ri13.jpg
#5superdubesPosted 2/11/2010 11:38:42 AM
From watching the trailers I have someone in mind that I think it is, but it's someone we haven't seen yet. In the demo trailer you hear Madison say "You're other son Mrs. Sheppard. What was his name?" You also see a tombstone that says "John Sheppard 1967-1977." So my conclusion is that John Sheppard's brother was so distraught by him drowning that he is now drowning boys of around the same age. Two of the boy's names that we know are named Johnny and Shaun. Johnny is obviously John and Shaun sort of sounds similar. The only name I know that doesn't fit that is Jeremy Bowles which is the little boy in the demo.

All of the children he kills seemed to have been in a state of exhaustion before they were killed, and then dragged through the mud to get mud on their faces. Also I can only assume that all the other parents had to go through the trials like Ethan has too to get Shaun back. Making me think that he's trying to make them both fight for the childs survival as a way to make them, in his mind, relive the pain of him fighting for his brother just for him to still die in the end.

I don't know 100% for sure since I haven't played the full game, but this is what I'm thinking right now, and I haven't seen an explanation that makes more sense to me than mine yet. So only take my theory with a grain of salt.
---
Blood. Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos -Dexter Morgan
It's like swimming but inside out -Ando Masahashi
#6LRP21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2010 11:51:31 AM
Wait a second? The killer may vary? I don't like that one bit, so in essence the killer is different people on different play throughs, that kind of damages the story for me? oh and what is KoToR? I know I mispelled it, I'm in class lol
---
#7superdubesPosted 2/11/2010 11:54:07 AM
I think the killer's always the same, but you can pick the wrong person.

KotoR = Knight's of the Old Republic.
---
Blood. Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos -Dexter Morgan
It's like swimming but inside out -Ando Masahashi
#8LRP21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2010 11:55:32 AM
Oh, that's interesting, I never played IP but I'm excited about this game, I've been reading about lobotomy and Ethan Mars having a twin brother? Man I can't wait 02/23!!!
---
#9RobxxxPosted 2/11/2010 12:06:52 PM
There were some pics about twins and about lobotomy. And there is this boy who died in the 70's. Ethan could be about the same age, thus being the twin brother. He does have visions of drowning kids iirc.

All lead characters have serious issues. Madison and Ethan especially. I have a gut feeling they are related somehow, maybe even blood relatives which would make the feelings for eachother all the more disturbing.

It could also be Jason. The kid killer could be a kid himself, as the kipnapper has to be someone they trust.
#10Arabell147Posted 2/11/2010 12:17:04 PM
"Depending on your decisions, the identity varies."
Not true. There is just one killer.