any other games like heavy rain out there?

#1konokonohamaruPosted 2/15/2010 9:49:11 PM
i played Hotel Dusk on the DS and that was pretty great.

the phoenix wright games are good too, but much more light hearted.

so, besides Indigo Prophecy / Farenheit and the above, what other games like this are out there for consoles?
#2thenewhokagePosted 2/15/2010 9:50:39 PM
Shenmue.

There's nothing I can think of, maybe it was under hyped or sucked pretty bad. I still need to get Indigo Prophecy though =/
---
#3WheezinEdPosted 2/15/2010 9:59:33 PM
Shenmue.
---
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7625/deadmansfloatgif.gif
#4carcypherPosted 2/15/2010 9:59:34 PM
Shenmue is nothing like this that had just interactions to do, but still based on fighting and problem solving and also scripted, Shenmue was its own game, this is more of a interactive movie presentation thriller game similar to an adventure action game, only you have choice to pick what you really want to do, games close to this are the next gen point click games, only game at the time to really give a beginning of this type of game is Still Life or Still Life 2 for PC, those are the current games for an adventure game, Broken Sword would be the begining but this is the next type of adventure games to be made now
---
"Im not living, unless im in battle"- Snake(Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops)
Enough! My ship sails in the morning. I wonder what's for dinner
#5ZetaHatsudouPosted 2/15/2010 10:01:46 PM
Any crime thriller movie.
#6WheezinEdPosted 2/15/2010 10:05:37 PM

Shenmue is nothing like this that had just interactions to do, but still based on fighting and problem solving and also scripted, Shenmue was its own game, this is more of a interactive movie presentation thriller game similar to an adventure action game, only you have choice to pick what you really want to do, games close to this are the next gen point click games, only game at the time to really give a beginning of this type of game is Still Life or Still Life 2 for PC, those are the current games for an adventure game, Broken Sword would be the begining but this is the next type of adventure games to be made now

Shenmue is a lot like this actually.
---
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7625/deadmansfloatgif.gif
#7hustla_fo_shoPosted 2/15/2010 10:47:25 PM
Indigo Prophecy, Its a very good game. You can get it on the pc, xbox.
#8Pandor25Posted 2/15/2010 10:54:01 PM
The curse of monkey island and blade runner.
#9spankyosuPosted 2/15/2010 11:11:14 PM
I heard Indigo Prophecy is pretty good for how old it is, plus its cheap now so if your on the fence about this one i'd try that first to see if you like the game play style
---
PSN: shortty1
#10konokonohamaru(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2010 11:13:55 PM
hmm... I've played Still Life, all the Monkey Islands, almost all the Sierra quest games, and (I think) all the Broken Swords

Shenmue and Bladerunner interest me, but not sure where I can get them these days. Also, don't have a dreamcast, so is it still possible to play shenmue?