*Spoiler* Very dissapointed with the killer's identity "Spoiler*

#1dwuhavenoideaPosted 3/7/2010 6:23:35 PM

I seriously am so dissapointed with who the killer is. I was really hoping the killer would not be any of the playable characters, but of course the developers had to try to force a "twist" whish wasn't even really a twist sinceit wasdumb and obvious. I was really looking forward to playing through the game again, but now that I know the killer is one of the playable characters, I am far less excited. I was really hoping the killer would be Blake or something. At least that would make sense. But of course they had to force it to be one of the playable characters, where it doesn't make sense anyway. I mean tha character's entire story contradicts the fact of them being the killer. If they ever make a Heavy Rain 2 or whatever, I really hope they get more creative in who the killer is. That being said, good game; I just needed to vent.

#2Roast_EeveePosted 3/7/2010 6:26:28 PM
It makes perfect sense and it doesn't contradict anything. Clever and careful writing=/=contradiction.
#3dwuhavenoidea(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2010 6:33:33 PM

Why would the killer be actively pursuingthe killer with actual (not faulty and thus not scapegoat style) evidence? Itactuallymakes no sense unless you can prove otherwise.

#4AshercroixPosted 3/7/2010 6:34:17 PM
He was collecting evidence against himself so he could burn it.
---
PSN/GT: Ashercroix
Playing: Bioshock 2, Wizard of Oz: Beyond the YBR
#5smackdownvPosted 3/7/2010 6:34:26 PM

Why would the killer be actively pursuingthe killer with actual (not faulty and thus not scapegoat style) evidence? Itactuallymakes no sense unless you can prove otherwise.

Hes gathering his evidence so he can destroy it.
#6NathanmgPosted 3/7/2010 6:36:13 PM
Additionally it prevents people from thinking he's actually the killer. It's raher clever to be honest.

---
http://i27.tinypic.com/bdksv5.jpg
Pokemon invented comfortable and easy to wear shorts - Shynkz
#7dwuhavenoidea(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2010 6:36:38 PM

Yeah but theres a ton of things that don't make sense.... like calling the cops on yourself instead of just leaving....

#8Gravy28Posted 3/7/2010 6:37:24 PM
Yeah, he wasn't actually investigating himself, but covering his tracks, so that to the player it looks differently. But he still has some morals and values which allow the player to play as him and make choices, while connecting to him.

Rather brilliant in my humble opinion.
---
Falwell on O'Connor:"Every good Christian should be concerned"
Goldwater:''I think every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass.''
#9Roast_EeveePosted 3/7/2010 6:38:12 PM

Yeah but theres a ton of things that don't make sense.... like calling the cops on yourself instead of just leaving....

Because, you know, he didn't have anyone tagging along that he had to make it convincing for or anything...
#10RecSpecPosted 3/7/2010 6:38:14 PM
It makes perfect sense and it doesn't contradict anything. Clever and careful writing=/=contradiction.

You said earlier the twist had no impact on the story, which is it eevee.
Stop arguing both sides of the coin.

---
"You should be careful not to overindulge in 'you know what'.
It can be dangerous, very dangerous."