Lightsaber Color & Power Holocron Location Guide - <minor spoilers>

#1MookietheboldPosted 9/29/2008 2:50:33 PMmessage detail
Please do not post until I have finished posting. Thank you.

Greetings, folks! Having trouble finding some of the lightsaber Holocrons? Gathered here in one handy-dandy topic is a listing of the locations of all 18 lightsaber color crystals and the 7 lightsaber power crystals (you start with 1 of each, so really itĎs 19 and 8). Color crystals are listed alphabetically according to color, and power crystals are listed alphabetically in the section after color crystals, followed by a brief FAQ.

In order to quickly find what you need, press [ ctrl + F ] on your keyboard and type in the corresponding number (i.e. [ 2.2 ], [ 7.3 ], etc.), then press [ enter ] to jump to that part of the topic.

Please be aware that minor <SPOILERS> are present, in order to best describe certain locations.

Table of Contents

Section A - COLOR CRYSTAL HOLOCRONS

1.1 - BLACK

2.1 - BLUE / normal
2.2 - BLUE / compressed
2.3 - BLUE / unstable

3.1 - GOLD / normal
3.2 - GOLD / compressed
3.3 - GOLD / unstable

4.1 - GREEN / normal
4.2 - GREEN / compressed
4.3 - GREEN / unstable

5.1 - PURPLE / normal
5.2 - PURPLE / compressed
5.3 - PURPLE / unstable

6.1 - RED / normal
6.2 - RED / compressed
6.3 - RED / unstable

7.1 - YELLOW / normal
7.2 - YELLOW / compressed
7.3 - YELLOW / unstable

Section B - POWER CRYSTAL HOLOCRONS

8.1 - FIRKRANN
8.2 - ILUM
8.3 - KATAK
8.4 - LORRDIAN
8.5 - RUBAT
8.6 - RUUSAN
8.7 - SIGIL
8.8 - VEXXTAL

Section C - Frequently Asked Questions

9.1 - How do I change the color and/or power of my lightsaber?
9.2 - Whatís the difference between normal/compressed/unstable?
9.3 - I read your instructions but I still canít find color X or power Y. Where is it?
9.4 - Can I combine power crystal X with color crystal Y to make a new color?
9.5 - Is there a limit to how many times I can use any color or power crystal?
9.6 - Do they carry over to a New Game+ or do I need to collect them again?

==========
Section A - COLOR CRYSTAL HOLOCRONS
==========

1.1 - BLACK - Stage 9 - Death Star:

Found high atop a metal beam in the final area where all the laser beams come together. Drop all the way down, defeat the AT-STís, and use Force Grip to put the nearby generator in place to activate the anti-gravity lifts. Ride either one all the way to the top. Look above the ring of the highest central laser and youíll see the Holocron on top. Perform a double-jump, dash, dashing blast [ X X L1 (hold L1) O ] to jump to the top of the platform (the curved part) on either side of the Holocronís location (depending on which lift you rode up). Head up the metal beam and grab your Holocron!

=====

2.1 - BLUE / normal - Stage 4 - The Empirical

Right at the start of the level, disable the force field then grab the nearby Holocron.

2.2 - BLUE / compressed - Stage 6 - Imperial Kashyyyk

Immediately at the start of the level, this Holocron can be found behind you on the left.

2.3 - BLUE / unstable - Stage 7 - Imperial Felucia

After being spit out of the wind tunnel youíll be in an open area with some enemies and a Rancor. Defeat them all (or donít) and head up the platforms leading out of this area. About halfway up, turn around to find this Holocron. Double jump and dash to get it.

=====
#2Mookiethebold(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2008 2:51:41 PMmessage detail
3.1 - GOLD / normal - Stage 2 - Raxus Prime

After forcing some large doors open youíll be in a big open area. Ahead youíll see a force field blocking off another room. Stand on the platform in the center of this area, facing the large force field, and look off to the left to find this Holocron.

3.2 - GOLD / compressed - Stage 3 - Felucia

Shortly after exiting the large circular cavern area youíll see a cutscene where an enemy leader ďpowers up.Ē After defeating the group of enemies, continue to follow the path and the arrow on your map leading to your next objective. Youíll see a Sith Holocron on the right, but thereís a hidden path nearby to the left which leads to the color crystal Holocron.

3.3 - GOLD / unstable - Stage 5 - Cloud City

Just before exiting the bar, head to the right and jump in the round, uh, ďthingĒ by the seats to find the Holocron inside.

=====

4.1 - GREEN / normal - Stage 7 - Imperial Felucia

Immediately at the start, a bit ahead and off to the right are some big blue flowers. Thereís a secret path right nearby, guarded by a Stormtrooper with a flamethrower at the end. KO him and grab your Holocron.

4.2 - GREEN / compressed - Stage 8 - Imperial Raxus Prime

After exiting a tunnel shortly after the start of the level, youíll be in an open area. Drop down, jump to the platform on the right, and double jump and dash to the next platform for this Holocron.

4.3 - GREEN / unstable - Stage 9 - Death Star

After going through all the laser tunnels and aligning the rings, youíll come to an area with a room on the left and right. In the back of the left room is a lift. Ride it up and head around the catwalk towards the laser tunnel. When it stops firing, jump up onto the center beam and head to the end to get this Holocron.

=====

5.1 - PURPLE / normal - Stage 6 - Imperial Kashyyyk

Near the end of the level, after passing through the areas with all the Wookie cages and going through some large doors, but before the final outside area with the large circular tower, you can find this Holocron on the right, up above in the tree branches.

5.2 - PURPLE / compressed - Stage 7 - Imperial Felucia

Shortly after the start of the level, after crossing the metal bridge, but before you drop down, youíll see this Holocron above and to the right. Jump up on the plants to get it.

5.3 - PURPLE / unstable - Stage 8 - Imperial Raxus Prime

After entering the large hangar, ride the elevator up in the back. Proceed a bit, enter a circular room, go up the ramp on the right and through the hole in the wall for this Holocron.

=====

6.1 - RED / normal -

This is the default color that you start the game with.

6.2 - RED / compressed - Stage 2 - Raxus Prime

After exiting the large circular Drive Core chamber youíll see a large crashed spacecraft outside. Look for a circular panel on the ship with a crack in it (near a red Sith Holocron). Force blast the crack open to find the color crystal Holocron inside.

6.3 - RED / unstable - Stage 3 - Felucia

At the very top of the large circular cavern-like area with all the plants and mushrooms scattered about, just before you exit the area, youíll see some mushrooms set up sort of like steps, leading high up towards the center of the room. Carefully jump up the mushrooms to find this Holocron at the top.

=====
#3Mookiethebold(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2008 2:53:03 PMmessage detail
7.1 - YELLOW / normal - Stage 1 - Tie Fighter Factory

In the large hanger with all the Tie Fighters hanging from rails on the ceiling, get on top of the rear of the large ship on the floor in the middle of the room. Double jump to reach the catwalk just above to find this Holocron.

7.2 - YELLOW / compressed - Stage 2 - Raxus Prime

Roughly halfway through the stage, after riding a small lift down, youíll be in another open area. Go to your immediate right and jump up the platforms to get this Holocron.

7.3 - YELLOW / unstable - Stage 5 - Cloud City

After progressing along the ramps and walkways in the carbonite area, look above you a bit before the final ramp to see a large pipe with a piece of machinery moving along it. Jump up onto the pipe and head left to get the Holocron. Be careful of the moving piece. You may need to wait for it to pass by before jumping up.

==========
Section B - POWER CRYSTAL HOLOCRONS
==========

8.1 - FIRKRANN - Lightsaber attacks have a chance to deal extra electrical damage.

Stage 2 - Raxus Prime: Near the end of the level youíll cross a bunch of metal beams that you need to move around using the Force, then fight a second Junk Titan. Pass through the doors and get up on the platform on either side of the area. The Holocron is floating in the air nearby. Jump to get it.

8.2 - ILUM - Provides no bonuses.

This is the default power that you start the game with.

8.3 - KATAK - Lightsaber attacks have a chance to syphon health from opponents.

Stage 9 - Death Star: In the first area where youíre being attacked by hordes of enemies, ride one of the lifts in the front left or right corners of the hanger to the upper catwalk where the snipers are to find this Holocron.

8.4 - LORRDIAN - Increased ability to deflect and reflect blaster bolts.

Stage 4 - The Empirical: In the area after the room with the escape pods, after force pushing the door open, head to the far end of the corridor to find this Holocron hiding behind some barrels.

8.5 - RUBAT - Lightsaber attacks deal extra damage.

Stage 1 - Tie Fighter Factory: Shortly after the room with a bunch of elevators made of Tie Fighter wings youíll come to a similar room with broken elevators of Tie wings. Youíll see a yellow Jedi Holocron on one of the wings, roughly in the center of all of the broken platforms. Force grip one of the Tie wings on the ground and slide it into the slats of one of the empty spaces nearby to create a platform so you can reach that first Holocron, then continue double jumping up the other wings to reach a catwalk high on the left (when facing the wings from the ground below). Proceed across the catwalk to get the Rubat Power Crystal.

8.6 - RUUSAN - Force powers cost less force energy to use.

Stage 5 - Cloud City: Jump up onto the roof of the bar right at the start of the level to find this Holocron.

8.7 - SIGIL - Lightning based attacks deal extra damage.

Stage 9 - Imperial Raxus Prime: From the start, stay right, drop down to the next level, get on the narrow ledge on the right, proceed to the end and look across the gap to the left for a circular piece of junk. Double jump and dash to reach the nearby platform, head inside (oooh, dark), drop down, kill a couple enemies and grab your Holocron.

8.8 - VEXXTAL - Lightsaber attacks have a chance to corrupt opponents with a damaging aura.

Stage 7 - Imperial Felucia: After destroying the second AT-ST, in the following open area, this Holocron can be found on top of the crane.
#4Mookiethebold(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2008 2:54:23 PMmessage detail
==========
Section C - Frequently Asked Questions
==========

9.1 - How do I change the color and/or power of my lightsaber?

For Colors, press [ select ], choose [ Lightsaber ], move the d-pad or left analog stick left/right to scroll through the available colors. Press [ X ] to select the desired color. Press [ O ] to return to the previous menu, then [ select ] or [ O ] to return to the game.

For Powers, >, press [ select ], choose [ Lightsaber ], press L1 or R1 to go to the Power Crystal menu, move the d-pad or left analog stick left/right to scroll through the available powers. Press [ X ] to select the desired power. Press [ O ] to return to the previous menu, then [ select ] to return to the game.

9.2 - Whatís the difference between normal/compressed/unstable?

Normal - The standard style light saber.
Compressed - Has waves, or rings, of energy that quickly move along blade.
Unstable - Has a sort of blurry look to the blade, as if energy is slowly seeping off of it.

All three styles have the same power level. None are any stronger nor any weaker than the others. There is neither an advantage nor a disadvantage to using any particular color, so use whichever one you like most and donít be afraid to switch colors as often as you like

9.3 - I read your instructions but I still canít find color X or power Y. Where is it?

Are you sure you followed the directions properly? Certain locations were a bit tricky to describe, but I did my best to make them all understandable without giving away too many other details. Some environments didnít have any really distinct features to make them easy to describe, so I apologize if you found my directions to be lackluster.

Are you sure you donít already have it? Double-check your lightsaber inventory to make sure you didnít pick it up without taking notice.

Still donít have it or canít find it? Either make a topic asking for further clarification or check some videos on YouTube. If I failed to be of any help (sorry >__>), surely someone else can fill you in.

9.4 - Can I combine power crystal X with color crystal Y to make a new color?

No. Combining a red power crystal with a yellow color crystal will not make an orange colored lightsaber blade. Sorry.

9.5 - Is there a limit to how many times I can use any color or power crystal?

No, they do not have a limited number of uses. Change them around as many times as you like.

9.6 - Do they carry over to a New Game+ or do I need to collect them again?

Yes, all lightsaber color and power crystals DO carry over. After completing the game, select [ continue ] at the Main Menu to start a New Game+ with everything you collected in your previous playthrough, as well as all of your powers and abilities!

==========

Thank you for reading.

You may now post.

---
opposite of left and wrong
#5Mookiethebold(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2008 2:55:15 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6RSmitPosted 9/29/2008 2:58:57 PMmessage detail
^ Have done so, with the following (optional) comment/reason:

"Great topic, should stop a lot of repeat topics being created."

---
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.
#7catkiller904Posted 9/29/2008 3:14:27 PMmessage detail
Well done, although elaborating a bit on the power crystals would be nice. For instance, someone may not immediately realize that Lorrdian increases automatic deflection, not just the chance of reflection when blocking.

Also, I demand you let people know that Sigil increases the power of non-saber lightning attacks as well, which makes it awesome. >.>
---
TP ~ We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: OVER 9000! ~CK904
#8XXUnforgivenXXXPosted 9/29/2008 5:24:16 PMmessage detail
Suuuuuuuuuuper sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
4000 hungry children leave us per hour from starvation Billions are spent on bombs, the bottom line is money, nobody gives a ****
#9Mookiethebold(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2008 8:29:03 AMmessage detail
@ RSmit - thank you. =)

@ catkiller - uh... oops. >_>
---
opposite of left and wrong
#10NessoncPosted 9/30/2008 8:51:44 AMmessage detail
Ty for this now it will be alot easier to track down all those lightsabers :D