Comparison of SWFU1 and SWFU2

#491SBK91Posted 4/14/2013 4:26:32 PM
And DEF to physical is more in-line with a casual build anyway.

Because Magic isn't the real threat, right?

Even at this level, he's still sort of only just approaching the point of diminishing returns for a few

Spreading them out rather thin?

yfw da Capra wins da Dark Souls.

2good4u.

Just like the patch for the skull lantern drop

It a guarenteed drop now?

He mentions abstract testing of elements though.

Ice seems to be the strongest. Three Ice t,t,t strings are enough to end Honky Tonk S1, whereas the other elements require an additional triangle.

Good of you to confirm.

Tried it again. It seems random (though it might be the attack not connecting).

That just leaves i-frames from evade tricking.

Rolling through the shockwaves works fine so long as you don't end under the tentacles.

What of the ink?

Doesn't seem air blockable at all.

If that is so, is it based on a % of his HP reached?

Yes. Each time he does the tank tosses, he'll use the punch QTE and elbow drop QTE once.

But is it really 'easier'? Is the block 'more strict'?

Not sure. Have the DLC, but need to download the latest game patch. Got to 35% and the network connection failed.

We talking something like in Dragon's Dogma?

Yes, though preferably faster.

I'd heard that term used a lot for griefing

It was a melee ranged spell that killed any normal enemy.

It's a pity.

Good commentary and decent tactics.

He isn't pretentious though either.

Scandalous.

For an English teacher, he sure was unkempt.

He isn't a professor?

It was really off-putting that that he should be the one to shine as such.

Especially for a horror film. Those types usually get gutted and everyone's happy.

Cleared NUR+. Took your advice and ignored Tissy. Stayed away, baited her charge and went after Ally with magic, Javelin discards, Oath Stone and square hits. The EoT will knock Tissy out of whatever she's doing. I'll do a VH NG+ (up to the Furnace) before trying PAIN+. Two Ice s,s,s,s strings put a Talos in aura, and AoO lasts long enough to do both. Two Oath Stone uses bring a Cyclops to red halo. Lots of Soul dumps and Fire bombs. Castor and Meg/Tissy are jokes with upgraded Blades. Lightning magic seems weaker than Fire. I'm going to finish MGR before returning.

Up to the Garden fight in R04. The emotionally crippled section was ass. 10-12 hits to kill with Red Armor. There's only one spot I could find to execute one of the guards without alerting his friend (and if that happens you can kiss No Damage goodbye). Monsoon was fun. Boiled down to avoiding his tossed objects and smoke bombs. For the GRAD in the Lobby, got on the turret and tanked his projectiles until he went down. No subweapons needed. The homing rockets can broken with BM or hit with Pole Arm attacks and drop Repair Nanopastes.
#492MrStarkiller(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 2:50:19 AM
Got around to watching Frei's coverage. Cute. I'm caught up with Taz. Saw Adel's offering thus far (neat). I've opted to allow unarmed in PAIN (but still not in PAIN+ *leaving the issue of ToA W1 handling to possibly just T into square slaps for juggles right over the side and maybe a safe false grab while abusing the AI boundary to pull a Siren to you and away from the others*). We once made a similar distinction in GoWII for 'no rage' (PAIN) *a relic* becoming 'no relics'. Unarmed only (among WW) for PAIN seems fine as yet another difference between the two (making PAIN even more inviting while PAIN+ looks like even more of a pain in the ass by comparison). I have 'lucas' and 'ZRS' on the backburner along with Seraphim. All this said, I still need to evaluate Deeb's run. Got to Zig's write-up at least (he learned to make use of the checkpoint trick with Tranny, so things went great for him and he'll be done with the VH NUR+ soon).

To note it, Phil is doing the DLC. People were trying to invade, but he kept dying before they could get him in human form. They also wanted to co-op as useless partners for him, but that had the same issue. Bad advice is all that could be offered, but some chaps were way too into harassing the casuals there, so it got locked as subscriber only. He's way overleveled and steamrolled Sanctuary Guardian despite himself. He got trashed by pulling most of the Royal Wood upon himself. He never encountered the cats in the Forest thanks to mistaking the bridge there for the one leading to Sif (he never fought the giant mushrooms either). He still hasn't gone to New Londo since his first frightnight. He'll be contending with Artorias and Manus before too long, but not likely without help (which is what griefers are counting on). One hopes that they'll convince him he needs to do the optional areas of the game too. At least he has to deal with Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith (and all that entails). He's sure to have lots of fun with lava.

>magic isn't a real threat
Of course not. Why, that would be just silly. Not like block already tends to 100% cover that. I'm rolling in 100% blocking shields for elements and magic. Believe it.

>rather thin
Not as thin as you might think, but not really showing a clear build intent either (as you would expect). Dusk offered him some lessons as with Logan, but he probably still can't learn sorcery as he is now (and his antics with Great Swamp chappie put him in a bad way on the Pyro front *and he'll never revisit Blighttown even for the lessons he could be taught on that front so he can ready his hand for blackflames from DLC areas*). Amusing that he likes the 'heal' miracles and never levels faith or makes use of his ability to do miracles at least by having more of them. Perhaps something like WotG (as we've already been over). How did his fans note the damned Forest grind without Force or WotG? They let him kill Rhea like an idiot no less. Can you believe it?

NOTE: LobosJR did a NG+ Speedrun, but it bored me to tears. Entropik is almost done with his Gravelorded series. It has been neat. About done watching Yassan and the other guy in their God Hard efforts. Not a lot learned, but what precious little is new tends to be worth it.

>guaranteed
No. Just possible.

>not air blockable
Son of a b****.

>disarm after toss nonsense
Noted. Watched Mike do the Sam DLC on VH. Good showing though not perfect.

>preferably faster
Yeah, maybe.

>killed any normal enemy
Or any PvP foe?

>BB appraisal
Sounds about right.

>isn't a professor
Pretty sure he notes himself as an English teacher. A professor would call himself Doctor/Professor. I think he notes teaching kids. Perhaps Beavis and Butthead.

>and everyone's happy
Nothing made me happy in that film. Not even it being over.

>my advice
Merely theory. I can't speak from experience as such yet.
#493SBK91Posted 4/16/2013 8:08:11 AM
Saw Adel's offering thus far (neat).

His use of WB to stagger and kill Juggernauts on the Shoulder of Apollo was clever. For PAIN+, grab the ledge to let rage deplete and for a checkpoint (shield).

I've opted to allow unarmed in PAIN

Noted.

Unarmed only (among WW) for PAIN seems fine as yet another difference between the two

The only difference it makes is W1 of ToA anyway.

he learned to make use of the checkpoint trick with Tranny, so things went great for him and he'll be done with the VH NUR+ soon

Good to hear. He very good with the Spear yet?

PAIN+ looks like even more of a pain in the ass by comparison

Massive tedium. A run that forces you not to attack? Awful. All avoidable if they put in a no rage possession or costume.

People were trying to invade, but he kept dying before they could get him in human form.

That's a victory, right?

Bad advice is all that could be offered, but some chaps were way too into harassing the casuals there, so it got locked as subscriber only.

Well, that's a good way to get rid of casuals.

He never encountered the cats in the Forest thanks to mistaking the bridge there for the one leading to Sif

Pity. New Londo ghosts are going to have to make up for it. Knock his sweet ass into the Abyss.

He'll be contending with Artorias and Manus before too long, but not likely without help (which is what griefers are counting on).

Their faith will not go unrewarded.

He's sure to have lots of fun with lava.

"I CAN'T DO ANYTHING."-Phil

Not like block already tends to 100% cover that.

Off course not. What sort of shield doesn't block everything? And it's not like magic does things other than direct damage.

Not as thin as you might think, but not really showing a clear build intent either (as you would expect).

Lots of VIT and END, while building the offensive stats to be able to use weapons/spells (only to forget about them).

Dusk offered him some lessons as with Logan, but he probably still can't learn sorcery as he is now

And with Sorcery being easy mode in the DLC. I hope DaS2 keeps magic buffed.

and he'll never revisit Blighttown even for the lessons he could be taught on that front so he can ready his hand for blackflames from DLC areas

"Ya scared?"-Dante

Not a lot learned, but what precious little is new tends to be worth it.

Any good boss tactics?

Watched Mike do the Sam DLC on VH.

Played through on Hard. Enemies are extremely aggressive (especially Gekkos). The kick spam is unbelievable. Taunted foes are serious business. Armored Cyborgs become relentless, though Hammer Bros are easy to run away from and spam charged attacks. Didn't know how to go about damaging the triple Mastiffs in VR04. Sam seems gimped compared to Raiden. His combo strings are trash. No distance closing attacks with square or dodge offset. All charged attacks do the same damage save his Ninja Run t,T (which is a projectile, half strength). NR t,t has knockback. I hear his stinger is very good when blade mode cancelled, as it deals good damage, staggers and launches, and that Taunt gives a bigger damage boost on REV (on Hard, it's at least x2). Up to R07 on S rank NUR.

Or any PvP foe?

It reduces their Soul Level by 1 each time.

I think he notes teaching kids.

I assume none were around in the movie?

Nothing made me happy in that film. Not even it being over.

Even school isn't that bad.
#494MrStarkiller(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 12:49:59 PM
Saw the rest of Yassan's GH coverage. It was okay. Good at points, but not exactly my style.

>WB for Juggs
That was obvious enough, though I didn't think the OH would connect so easily (outside when Juggs reaches halo state *where the targeting trick I use might help resist this*). It was among the suggestion I made for this when discussing it with Solid.

>checkpoint abuse
Will it trigger more than once though? That remains to be seen.

>use ledge or higher area to let rage deplete
If it comes to that, it is certainly worth considering.

>only difference is W1 ToA
The only major one. Being able to use the ring-out antics of O for Unarmed has some function where ever ring-out is available. W2 of ToA also comes to mind for Amazons.

>very good with the SoD yet
>very good
Learning a bit about PS and t1, but there is still much to learn about those alone (the rest isn't necessary, but would constitute master of the tool).

>all avoidable with costume/possession
That's if we could have used them in a NG+ that didn't force MAX upgrades (or extensions). GoWIII had the sense to make a possession for MAX extensions. Why not do this again in GoW:A? And why not do the same for upgrades rather than forcing the crap on us or making us use some possession for massive EXP modifiers...when you don't need it and even if you could spend it, there is nothing to buy outside of upgrades (that you will quickly have more than enough for *no Temple of Zeus or move feeding on EXP*).

>Ghosts knocking him into the Abyss
More likely, wall-clipping and swarming him as he won't have the sense to aggro a few and bait them away from walls.

>a victory
He doesn't get to be as thoroughly enraged without the interference though.

>will not go unrewarded
It's just a matter of whether he'll make clear the time of the stream and all that sort of thing. He might try to co-ordinate with just fans or even learn some of their names so he can at least avoid having unknown partners pulling enemies, setting off traps, being useless while buffing the boss, etc.

>build
Yes. Just VIT and END mostly with enough of others to use (but not scale) various tools.

NOTE: I may not have mentioned it before, but the Gravelord Sword he was given was already +4 when gifted.

>keep magic buffed
It seems to be a recurring thing in Souls games. I just hope to see Rapport buffed a bit with more advanced versions of the spell too (Great Rapport for instance *stronger for lesser foes with regular affect for foes the lesser one cannot affect*).

>good boss tactics
That were new? Not necessarily, no. Aside from DL stuns on BIA. Light use for Crystal Viper and Unknown as well. I can appreciate one who appreciates an undervalued tool.

>unbeliable
Mike put up BRAZZERS for Desperado Gekkos when they came in numbers.

>Hammer Bros
Ain't s***.

>triple Mastiffs
Another think Mike wasn't crazy about.

>gimped
Because he is. And he faces only tough foes in troubling set-ups.

>bigger damage boost for taunted foes on REV
Neat. He needs it. Think taunted foes with a perfect parry counter landing will take notable damage for all the set-up (on REV)?

>Soul Level
Which was a bigger deal than Humanity, yes? Substantially so if I recall right.

>none were around in the movie
They wouldn't get away with having kids in this film.

>even school isn't that bad
It was a war crime in film form.
#495SBK91Posted 4/16/2013 6:11:52 PM
Will it trigger more than once though?

I don't think so.

W2 of ToA also comes to mind for Amazons.

Separate then ringout. Clean and classy.

but there is still much to learn about those alone

I liked sending Satyrs into Hades Minotaurs through the barrier of the ER W5 via PS.

but would constitute master of the tool

I recall Unfortunate Remains being a decent damage tool when t,t,t was unyielding. RotT UR worked well for the last Spartan and Zeus.

That's if we could have used them in a NG+ that didn't force MAX upgrades (or extensions).

Another brilliant move by the B team.

And why not do the same for upgrades rather than forcing the crap on us or making us use some possession for massive EXP modifiers

Indeed. A possession for MIN upgrades would be well appreciated.

He doesn't get to be as thoroughly enraged without the interference though.

And again, the fans suffer for his incompetence.

Just VIT and END mostly with enough of others to use (but not scale) various tools.

And lacks the sense to go elemental.

the Gravelord Sword he was given was already +4 when gifted.

That explains a lot.

I just hope to see Rapport buffed a bit with more advanced versions of the spell too

Hell, it'd be useful to disable foes as you ran by them or set up backstabs. Is shapeshifting magic too much to ask?

I can appreciate one who appreciates an undervalued tool.

It's nice to see them get attention. Sniper Rifle was another case. Situational, but damn useful in those situations.

Mike put up BRAZZERS for Desperado Gekkos when they came in numbers.

And he was right to do it. I've seen women less obsessive.

Another think Mike wasn't crazy about.

Yet Raiden can clear a room of them in seconds. On REV. Without counterparries or damage upgrades.

And he faces only tough foes in troubling set-ups.

I'd like him a lot more if his strings flowed better, but they're so clunky. It'd be nice to bring him through the story proper.

Think taunted foes with a perfect parry counter landing will take notable damage for all the set-up (on REV)?

Yes, but I don't think it will be necessary in most cases as his perfect parry counter already brings all normal enemies but GRADs to Execution status. Also, note his Execution animation (the kick) deals extreme damage if it hits an adjacent enemy (one shots GRADs).

Which was a bigger deal than Humanity, yes?

You'd lose your most recent stat point, and have to farm souls to get the level back.

They wouldn't get away with having kids in this film.

It would ruin their careers.

It was a war crime in film form.

All these weeks wasted worrying about North Korea.
#496MrStarkiller(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 11:28:23 PM
Got Nut good and mad (he's Warned now). Got a few others quite cross (they're in trouble with mods as well). These boys need to mind the terms.

>don't think so
Safe bet.

>clean and classy
Easier said than done for PAIN+. I don't get the feeling s4 with fire (Valor) will ever be useful for this purpose and that's the only knockback that comes to mind. Thus, T to square whoring (juggle over the side) as with the Sirens. Only plan I've got.

>attacking through barriers
Delicious.

>UR
It had some uses, but a lot of bad glitches. AS was lovely, but at its best if you understood the glitch for laying multiple bombs at once. I believe cycle cancels would cancel the altered state though (not surprising).

>possession for MIN upgrades
Or start us with everything (even items) at MIN and give us a possesion/urn/artifact to grant MAX (because upgrades are dumb). Why not just let us select the upgrades and change them on the fly with the possession (same for extensions) as a means to test?

>go elemental
His meeting with Elizabeth was the first time he learned of Gold Pine Resin.

>shapeshifting
How about Greater Chameleon. Look like some of the monsters of the area. Maybe even local NPCs without having their gear. Illusions breaks in the same way as before, I suppose. Maybe an even greater version to mimic them perfectly, but you have to touch them (counts as an attack) like with Rapport? That would be serious business though as you would mimic gear and abilities you don't have with stats that might not allow you to do what they do at all. Giving you control over monsters you turn into would be a lot of work too. Just being able to turn monsters against invaders would be a lovely start aside. Maybe give Gravelords a version of Rapport that lets them turn some monsters into a black phantom version (2x aggro range, 2x HP and 2x damage). Perhaps limited to just working when invaded (which would mostly imply a Gravelord Servant sign being found, but not exclusively). For when invading as one, maybe make foes able to regenerate from death like Necromancers. Perhaps only certain sorts of foes (Skeletons obviously). More abilities that manipulate the AI. Maybe even abilities for working around the environment (Dragon's Dogma style 'gliding' as a Sorcerer).

>nice to use Sam on Raiden's missions
Which would also let you slap around Mistral, Monsoon, Sundowner and Excelsus as him.

>already does extreme damage
No kill like overkill, I always say.

>lose soul level
Ah, yes. High levels would be furious.

>ruin their careers
Faster than the movie already did.

>worrying about N. Korea
The threat came from within.
#497SBK91Posted 4/17/2013 11:02:54 AM
Got Nut good and mad

Saw him slinking around the DmC boards the other day, arguing with DMG.

I don't get the feeling s4 with fire

I don't understand why they hate knockback so much.

Only plan I've got.

If only we had S like in GoS. Does T have enough forward momentum to ring out anything?

It had some uses, but a lot of bad glitches.

Too right.

AS was lovely, but at its best if you understood the glitch for laying multiple bombs at once.

I never used it much. How'd the glitch work? Any good for bosses?

Why not just let us select the upgrades and change them on the fly with the possession (same for extensions) as a means to test?

Too much work for something casuals will never touch.

His meeting with Elizabeth was the first time he learned of Gold Pine Resin.

Good Lord.

Look like some of the monsters of the area.

That's rather spiffy. Make it affect bosses as well.

That would be serious business though as you would mimic gear and abilities you don't have with stats that might not allow you to do what they do at all.

BASILISKS BABY. Cursing all day, erry day.

Giving you control over monsters you turn into would be a lot of work too.

Which is why it isn't likely to happen. F*** up PVP pretty well too.

For when invading as one, maybe make foes able to regenerate from death like Necromancers.

Imagine multiple invaders reviving each other. DSP would never sleep right again.

More abilities that manipulate the AI.

Summoning too. Though that would kill any difficulty with bosses.

Which would also let you slap around Mistral, Monsoon, Sundowner and Excelsus as him.

Taunt would devastate Mistral's Pole Arm. Monsoon would be interesting (phases won't last long, but be very intense). Excelsus would be good to test Sam's taunted damage output. The taunted helicopter would probably be more dangerous than Sundowner.

No kill like overkill, I always say.

Just so.

Faster than the movie already did.

"Too bad for you!"-Vegeta
#498MrStarkiller(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 3:26:26 PM
Nut got out of Warned status fast and put me on ignore, but never ignores anything I say. Neat. Got quite a few chimps flinging their feces at the moment. Bunch of lightweights. I heard from Autofire (Vanquish board) that Seraphim was talking noise during his GoW:A coverage regarding two vets of the GoW series telling him what's what. Probably me and the gent. I should like to hear this.

>arguing with DMG
That slacker is still in hiding there? I'll get to him soon enough.

>why they hate
Freedom? It's because they're commies.

>T for forward momentum
It has a little. Seemingly more at lvl3. It will basically be necessary to juggle them over the side. Not just use T (you would have to be damn close for that to work).

>how did the glitch work
SoD FAQ notes it. I was the one who explained it, but no longer recall.

>for bosses
Doesn't apply multiple bombs per target. Just multiple bombs (with multiple targets) in a single use. Not that sort of glitch. Pity, yes? Had something to do with turning with (L) while using the move.

>Good Lord
Though I'm pretty sure he picked it up in the usual first place people get it (just never used it).

>affect bosses
Oh, my.

>cursing
Hackers can do this by applying it to their tools. I just saw a video of a chap using that infinite catalyst for KARMIC JUSTICE over and over again (for a faster, weaker WotG spam basically). Custom nonsense could be interesting, but hackers largely use things in stupid ways just for the purpose of low level griefing. No class. I'd like to see how the AI responds to hacked tools trying to curse them. Pretty sure it would do jack/s*** as they are not designed for it...but maybe NPCs would be open to it.

>control monsters
They should at least consider it for a single level in the game with a certain group of enemies in that area (three monsters). RE had this for players being the things killing people. Being online and human should allow the punishment of player controlled monsters.

>invaders reviving each other
Glorious.

>summoning
Ah, yes. Back to our old Necromancer/Summoner discussions. More dragon stones to acquire too (Wings, for instance).

>taunted helicopter
>more dangerous
You cut Top Sun down to size with this remark.

>sad for yooooouuu
Just so.
#499SBK91Posted 4/18/2013 5:24:00 AM
Nut got out of Warned status fast and put me on ignore, but never ignores anything I say.

He should say what he means and means what he says.

I should like to hear this.

Same here. Imagine if he tackled a proper entry.

It's because they're commies.

I knew it. What other motive could they have for letting people play together?

It will basically be necessary to juggle them over the side.

Which could prove tricky with Gorgons and Sirens around.

Pity, yes?

Indeed. Though coating the field with explosions could be entertaining.

but hackers largely use things in stupid ways just for the purpose of low level griefing.

Bah. I'd be running around with TWoD as a passive buff.

Pretty sure it would do jack/s*** as they are not designed for it

Probably.

You cut Top Sun down to size with this remark.

If there was friendly fire, it'd be nice to let the chopper take down Sunny for us.
#500MrStarkiller(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 4:10:38 PM
>he should
Should have. He's suspended now. I tried to 'warn' him. *dohohoho*

>if he tackled a proper entry
He tried GoWIII and was quickly told his was lacking on video 1. I was so put off by the bad showing that I've had his run on the backlog for over a year.

>what other motive
None.

>could prove tricky
Gorgons aren't a big concern with the AI boundary, but the other Siren at a given time will be an ass.

>passive buff
And I'd leave it at that while preventing even their means to escape me with death. Of course, there are those that would still 'quit out'.

>let the choppers take him down
My, my. Cutting remarks. You sure you have enough meter for all this? No wigs in use, yes?