Will there ever be a free roam Star Wars game?

#1Waytoodeep03Posted 3/10/2008 6:40:04 AM
There has yet to be a true free roam Star Wars game outside of that MMO Galaxies.

I dont know why no one has thought of this yet. Do you think we will ever see one?
#2UltraZeroPosted 3/10/2008 6:56:27 AM

Waytoodeep03 posted...
There has yet to be a true free roam Star Wars game outside of that MMO Galaxies.

I dont know why no one has thought of this yet. Do you think we will ever see one?

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.

#3DenchPosted 3/10/2008 7:41:29 AM

Free Roam doesn't = RPG

Sure you could go to any planet at any time, but I wouldn't call it free roam. The areas you could visit were still very limited.

I think it would be impossible unless someone invents a planet generator and a city generator or else it would take way too long for the game to come out.

#4Waytoodeep03(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2008 7:56:38 AM
Free Roam= Non linear

Star Wars doesnt have a game like this. I want to be able to go in houses, shops join factions even kill innocents for darkside points etc at my own will and not on the line of some story.
#5hockeyjunkie28Posted 3/10/2008 12:31:41 PM
Knights of the Old Republic isn't free roam by any strretch of the imagination. We will prob one day. I think it would be cool to have one set in the days of the Mandalorian Wars
#6Myth34Posted 3/10/2008 12:39:56 PM
ya, they MUST combine the ideas and gameplay freedom of Morrowind and integrate those things into a game of Star Wars. There are certain ppl who are doing a huge, non-TC star wars mod for Oblivion. Don't know how far along it is.... hope its close though. And as far as I know (besides many many small mods for oblivion and morrowind) there is not game that is Star wars that allows you the freedom that I, and we, all crave in the galaxy far far away.
---
What resolve it must require to embrace despair and abandon one's self! -Myth
#7Blackhawk692Posted 3/10/2008 6:16:52 PM
there really is only one problem with a free roam Star Wars game, its way too big. They would have to limit the planets then you would people like omg dathomir is not in the game the devs are stupid and don't forget omg tatooine again ive been stuck going to this god forsaken planet ever since star wars games ever came out
#8digiteerPosted 3/10/2008 7:42:53 PM

Blackhawk692 posted...
there really is only one problem with a free roam Star Wars game, its way too big. They would have to limit the planets then you would people like omg dathomir is not in the game the devs are stupid and don't forget omg tatooine again ive been stuck going to this god forsaken planet ever since star wars games ever came out

QFT

You nailed it man, and that's probaly why there's never gonna be a free roaming SW game.

Maybe next -gen with a fully packed HD_DVD or Blu-Ray game to fit Star Wars big ass univers.

#900ooPolarisoo00Posted 3/10/2008 10:19:54 PM
digiteer posted...

Blackhawk692 posted...

QFT

You nailed it man, and that's probaly why there's never gonna be a free roaming SW game.

Maybe next -gen with a fully packed HD_DVD or Blu-Ray game to fit Star Wars big ass univers.

#1000ooPolarisoo00Posted 3/10/2008 10:20:30 PM

^ignore that and gamespot's bugs

tes4 star wars style...umm sweeeeet