Post and ask your DOM1 Questions here..

#11Dimon101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2011 9:16:59 AM
Question:

Are there any bugs found in this game?

Answer:

Sadly, yes. I have found a bug with a quest in Kuzko, with the quest "turtle soup". This is not a main quest, but a side quest. It seems very buggy to move the turtles, as everytime i do, at least one gets stuck inside a building and is unmoveable. The best fix for it is if someone has the time to make a mod to fix this quest (but i doubt that will happen as i see no one modding anything for this game). This bug is in my version, which is 1.11. Not sure if that is the latest patch for this game, but that is what i got on my copy.

Current Fix:

Leave the map to cancel the quest and come back. Unfortanetly, i believe this "resets" the counter on the quest so unless you have 5 or 6 "good runs" of this quest, don't expect to get the bonus "stat" point associated with this quest. If you cannot get the stat point, don't bother with this quest as im trying my 4th time to get it, and as i said, the said "turtles" break the quest by moving into a building and is impossible to get out of them...
---
"What's with the Hand-Nose thing?" ~ Wein Cruz talking about Hans from Growlanser Generations
#12Dimon101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2011 5:00:18 PM
Question:

Im stuck! How do i make the "sphere of Assasins" in chapter 3?

Answer:

Well, im doing this problem currently too. I tend to clear maps, but i need only 10 stone coyote pelts. I got all the rest of the ingredients (luckily), except stone pelts. There is a quest with one coyote that drops a stone "THE ART OF HUNTING". It is tedious, but this is how im getting my stone pelts. I switch chapters to reset the quest.
---
"What's with the Hand-Nose thing?" ~ Wein Cruz talking about Hans from Growlanser Generations
#13Dimon101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2011 5:04:59 PM
Question:
Do monsters respawn on maps?

Answer:

NO. There is only one exception, and that is on the map "Still Whirlpool", and i believe it is related to the quest i mentioned above, "SPHERE OF ASSASIN" quest. Unfortanetly, i have yet to find a map with respawning stone coyote's, so i gotta work on that part yet...sheesh!
---
#14Dimon101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2011 1:45:01 PM
A possible fix to the "Turtle Soup" bug in chapter 3:

I decided to email both atari and 1c publishing (i tried also sky fallen entertainment,, but their website and emails would have to be in RUSSIAN).

Atari did not ANSWER me, but 1c was kind enough with a quirky way to luring the quest's cook over towards the annoying turtles that get stuck..anyways...it seems to work. This is their response:

"Hello,

There’s an error with the turtles.

The only solution to this is:

- Forcibly hit the cook (but be careful, maybe, he can be killed) and,

- when he'll run after you, lead him to the turtles (or to the place where they appear)

- after that teleport to another map for saving the result.

If Hi won’t follow You Try more aggressively. If it won't work - skip this quest.

Write if it helped.

Thank you,

Bart Pawlak

1C Publishing Tech Support"

I wrote back that it did help. Good for 1c to actually care about people playing their older games. Im impressed with 1c now. If you have a question about DOM, don't email atari, email your questions to 1c company.
---
#15Dimon101(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 12:18:03 PM
Question: Have you beaten the game yet?

Answer: NO. Chapter 5 is very long, because of the maps. Im still playing it (between working and real life things).

I finally got my "time of shadows" though, and will install aftrer i beat at least DOM once..
---