This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

blue candy!?!??!

#1crispyoPosted 10/3/2009 10:36:20 PM
my nook's just had a blue candy in the tools area. i bought it and ate it!!! i thought it was like a tool and i didn't know he'd eat it. :( eh anyway wth is with this? whats it about.
---
Pokemon FC: 2363 2207 2184
ACCF FC: 5113-0735-5462
#2LucasClausPosted 10/3/2009 10:41:38 PM
It's candy that can be used to give out to villagers on Halloween. Nook has candy for sale only in October I believe.
---
i thought they were nameless orphans who climbed ice hoping to find a new guardian. - Zembaphobia on the Ice Climbers.
#3LucasClausPosted 10/3/2009 10:41:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4crispyo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2009 10:50:55 PM
oh, so it's everyday? cool.
---
Pokemon FC: 2363 2207 2184
ACCF FC: 5113-0735-5462
#5katysuPosted 10/4/2009 2:29:26 AM
You may need all you can get, so I wouldn't eat any more (tho I know you didn't eat that piece deliberately!)
Have a look at the wiki guide to Jack, will help to not fall into too many of the pitfalls.

Only what I've read - but I think you can get more candy on the night from 'in their house' villagers - IF you are wearing a look
(you know strawberry hat & shirt, burglars shirt & ninja hood etc - I think there is a list of looks in Liquefy's faq).

You need to get rid of that look & into your letters once you are outside - as you could get them changed into moldy/patched shirt or pumpkin head.
So wear a cheap shirt & hat while outside.
Patterns are OK to wear, - nor do they get taken - but I'm not sure a pattern will get you that moldy/patched shirt.
#6ilovebellsPosted 10/4/2009 4:31:50 PM
does the candy rot if you buy it this soon? And, it's only at Nook's correct? Thanks.
---
Ilovebells; AC:CF FC 0732-1371-1335; Character Dolly; town Dollywoo
#7Kureejii LeaPosted 10/4/2009 5:30:15 PM
Candy doesn't rot. It can be used for more than one event.
---
Summoning of Spirits - The Tales Music Remix Project
http://tales.ocremix.org/ Over fifty free tracks from ToS and ToP!
#8Lazay727Posted 10/4/2009 7:18:55 PM
dont u have to have different hats/mask to get all of the items? im trying to stockpile candy but ill probably only get 20 pieces.
#9ArchonKnight9Posted 10/6/2009 7:34:15 AM
I've had all my candy since Easter.
---
{]xxxxxxxxx(&)::::;;;;;::::::::::::::::::::;;;;::::::::::::::::>
Memento Mori
#10katysuPosted 10/6/2009 8:00:36 AM
From what I'm reading it looks as if candy could be in short supply.
Thats cos Jack may give lots of duplicates and/or you lose candy to villagers.

Theres 31 pieces of candy to buy off Nook - one piece a day through October, and as far as I can see there will be one piece available whatever level of Nook you have.

Get a few looks ready -strawberry shirt & hat, jester shirt & hat, etc.
Liquefy has the complete list of looks in his walkthru faq).
Entering the house of a villager at home, dressed in a look, (or costume) gets you a piece of candy off them.
And you can do it as many times as you like.
Not sure whether you have to change the look, or whether the same one works every time. ???

Yes Bunny day was a very good day to get spare candy - it was possible to get 18 pieces per character. However I think with a few looks and being careful, what you can get in October might suffice.

Not sure what, if any advantage there is, in playing Halloween with more than one character.
There probably isn't any advantage??

I hope there is less pressure time wise - 6pm to 1am sounds a good enough amount of time,
I found Jingle (8pm to midnight a bit tight to get the whole series).
Hopefully this one will be better, but still expect it to be a longish haul.