This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

trouble getting an invite to redds

#1LadySesshoumaruPosted 7/17/2011 3:56:38 PM
i tryed asking all my animals to see if any had an "in" for redds but nadda. does the day matter? when should i ask them again to see who has an invite?
#2LiquefyPosted 7/17/2011 4:26:12 PM
Your invitation will arrive in the mail. Check your mailbox after 9am or 5pm.
#3megadamastaPosted 7/17/2011 4:28:02 PM
redds is tricky, i'll tell you how i got mine but some people might disagree because there are about 5 or so ways to get an animal to give you one.

i started by buying furniture and sending it to my favorite animal, after about a week or so of sending a piece of furniture to said animal they started to warm up to me, it lead to her asking if we should have a secret greeting of some sort that only she uses, i accepted and made to greeting what's up, because i have no imagination whatsoever. then the next day i had given up and just sent her the last piece of furniture i had bought for her, it might have been that piece of furniture she truly loved, who knows but anyway i was walking by her and she wanted to talk to me, so i went and talked to her, she said she wanted to come over, so i set it to like an hour later, she came over and complained about how messy my house was, freaking woman in this game are harsh. anyway after she left i followed her home ( not creepy she lived next door ) anyway.... i went inside her house to see what she'd say and after talking to her about 4 times she asked me where i got all the furniture i gave her. i told her nook's place and she started ranting about nook's store and gave me the invite to redd's. it's pretty simple if you have the bells and are willing to wait.
#4megadamastaPosted 7/17/2011 4:29:23 PM
Liquefy posted...
Your invitation will arrive in the mail. Check your mailbox after 9am or 5pm.

that works as well, but i think mine is more fun an realistic.
#5LadySesshoumaru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2011 4:37:40 PM
arive in the mail? but how do i get it to arive in the first place? none of my animals mentioned redd. i dono about the other way, sounds like a lot of work to me. isint there a simpler more straight forward way?
#6megadamastaPosted 7/17/2011 6:53:55 PM
LadySesshoumaru posted...
arive in the mail? but how do i get it to arive in the first place? none of my animals mentioned redd. i dono about the other way, sounds like a lot of work to me. isint there a simpler more straight forward way?

erggg..... there is a faster way, not as fun though, go to the city, go to redd's 5 times, go back to the town write one letter the the animal of your choosing then talk to them after a time when the mail comes, they will mention redd contacting them about an " annoying bug " which is you, tell the animal you'll apologize, go apologize then come back and the same animal will say thanks for apologizing to redd, next time mail comes you will get it from said animal. you can do it in one day if you wake up before the morning mail comes
#7megadamastaPosted 7/17/2011 6:59:58 PM
side note to my above statement, if the animal you choose does not mention getting contacted by redd it means that animal doesn't know redd and you'll have to start over with a different animal.
#8LadySesshoumaru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2011 7:54:01 PM
oh trust me, i dont need it to be "fun" lol im a "just the facts" kinda person and like to get to the point. thanks, will try that. do i asume you dont have to go to the city to talk to redd 5 times, just go once and talk to him 5 times
#9megadamastaPosted 7/17/2011 8:46:19 PM
LadySesshoumaru posted...
oh trust me, i dont need it to be "fun" lol im a "just the facts" kinda person and like to get to the point. thanks, will try that. do i asume you dont have to go to the city to talk to redd 5 times, just go once and talk to him 5 times

correct you don't need to leave and come back to the city, that would just be stupid.
#10katysuPosted 7/18/2011 4:27:06 AM(edited)
No need to make it complicated.

When I first got the game I went to the city and knocked on Redd's door and was not allowed in. (that you try to enter may be necessary, I don't know, to initiate the villagers offering the invite).

Edit: I would say knocking on Redd's door once is sufficient.
If you are having trouble getting a villager to offer an invite, well go back & knock on Redd's door again, but I wouldn't think it necessary.

Back in my own town I talked to every outside villager - on a regular basis, - every time I came across one, I talked to them, its only a few seconds.
I think on the second day, one of the villagers offered to send me a Redd invite.
Just keep talking to the outside villagers to give yourself the max chance of being offered an invite.

Keep talking to the villagers is the important thing, and not necessarily just one set of qn& answer, press A again and continue to talk to the villager - the invite can crop up later in the 'conversation'.

And yes it will then come in the mail.

Keep the letter in the mail slot, go back to Redd and he will let you in.
Make sure you have at least 3000 bells showing in your wallet and he will offer to make you a member of his family (for 3000 bells).

If you wifi, then a wifi friend can send you an invite in the mail.

Every time you buy something from Redd he will give you another invite (unless you keep an old invite in your pocket).

This new invite - you can send to another of your characters (if you have made more than one)
- you have to send it in the mail to them
- they can then also go to Redd and join (if you want them to).

Alternatively you can send the invite to a wifi friend,
or just put in recycle if not needed (it shows as an item until you send it to someone (via the Town Hall)).

Edited numerous times for clarity, but the procedure itself is simple.
I think OP's problem is you have to keep talking to those villagers.
And with each villager's conversation keep pressing the A button (even if they do start to repeat).
(The latter is good advice for other things as well, eg to catch moving speeches, for getting them to ask you to do a delivery).