Roster for sequel.

#1perrolococzPosted 12/12/2012 1:35:43 PM
I know it isn't an exact sequel but I think its as close as we are gonna get.

Anyway here is what I'd think the roster should look like in different scenarios.

A) If its only Dragon Ball, One Piece & TORIKO (Like DON)

Dragon Ball 6-10 characters.
Goku, Vegeta, Gohan (kid), Piccolo, Trunks, Freezer, Cell, Majin Buu, Krillin, Mr. Satan.

One Piece 6-10 characters.
Luffy, Nami, Zoro, Sanji, Chopper, Ace...
OP is hard since the straw-hats always take like 8 slots in all games -.- so they can either go for half straw hats (the most popular ones) and make the others support and add fan-liked characters like Ace or Law.

TORIKO 5-8 characters.

Goku,Vegeta,Gohan (Kid), Piccolo, Trunks, Freezer, Cell, Majin Buu, Luffy, Nami, Zoro, Sanji, Chopper, Ace, Toriko and other 4 characters..
Total around 20 characters.

B) If its only TOEI animation properties... I am just putting the battle characters and support when noted.

Mazinger Z:
Koji Kabuto in Mazinger either as support or battle for those that havent seen it, Mazinger is a hugeee robot so not to apt as battle character. One of JUMPs first hits.

Dr. Slump: Arale, Mashirito.

Ring Ni Kakero: Ryuji, Kenzaki.

Kinnikuman (And Ramenman): Kinnikuman, Ramenman.

Wingman: Wingman.

Hokuto No Ken: Kenshiro, Raoh.

Rokudenashi BLUES: Tyson... Dunno if battle or support, if battle then Kenzaki shouldn't be battle, 3 boxers is too much.

Stop! Hibari Kun: Only support characters.

Saint Seiya: Saint Seiya is a BIIIIIG franchise worldwide, and I would bet if its only Toei they could put the 5 Silver saints (its even more important than ONE PIECE world-wide, this is coming from a ONE PIECE fan-boy) so I guess Seiya, Shun, Shiryu, Hyoga and Ikki.

Dragon Ball: Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Freezer.

Ginga Nagareboshin Gin: Support.. Though I would ove the dog as playable.

Sakigake!! Otokojuku!: Momo or Edajima..

Magical Taruuruto kun: Support I guess.

Dragon Quest Dai no Daiboken: (?) This is though because it WAS popular but it only got like 54 episodes, it has always been a mystery because it is one of the most popular JUMP manga and its anime got canned, its likely because of problems with ENIX (Now square enix, at least thats the reason supposedly Dragon Quest manga isn't licensed in Spain)...
Anyway Dai only, as much as I like this manga I don't think Pop and Marle (The other most likely characters) would appear as fighters.

Slam Dunk: Support, Shohoku and Sendoh.

Hell Teacher Nube: Nuube!

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 0) (??): Don't think can happen but Yugi.

ONE PIECE: Hard to choose -.- Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nami, Chopper and other 2 characters.. Ace?

Bobobo bobo bo: Bobo and Don Patch.

Beet the vandel buster: (???) Techinically its JUMP (It was released under JUMP label, unlike other comics so it should be considered JUMP)
Beet.

TORIKO: Toriko and other 2 characters I guess.

So lets see, the big franchises get around 5 characters each. (Dragon Ball, One Piece and Saint Seiya):
15 characters.
The other franchises get 2 characters. Dr. Slump, Ring Ni Kakero, Kinnikuman, Hokuto No Ken, Bobobo:
10 characters.
Wingman, Sakigake, Ginga and Dragon Quest get 1 character:
4 characters.
And 2-3 Toriko characters.

30-32 characters give or take. (Ey! This is feasible! Though knowing the anime-titles modus operandi they will likely only do like 24 characters, then offer 2 as DLC.. 26) and making a sequel with like 12 or so new characters -.-.
---
Brawl FC: 2363-5325-2092
JUS FC: 4382-0358-0033
#2perrolococz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 1:48:39 PM
C) Namco-bandai owned properties:

ONE PIECE, Dragon Ball and Toriko get the same characters as above:
So that's like 13 characters already.

Then Namco-bandai has other properties like:

Hunter X Hunter:
Gon and Killua.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure:
I'd expect Jotaro and DIO

and.. I can't recall other franchises.
---
#3perrolococz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 2:31:33 PM
D) Its all JUMP:

Boy oh boy.

I hope this is they real plan, also hopefully its one of those franchises were they have like 3 installments planned or something like that, imagine it the first game starts with say 24 characters or so (Based on some comments the people are saying is based on Zenkai Battle Royale which has 24 characters) so I expect this game to have around that number of characters.

So we know the 3 confirmed series:

One Piece:
Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Chopper, Nami, Ace.

Dragon Ball:
If its based on the engine I think they pretty much could use the same designs..
Anyway Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Freezer, Cell, Majin Buu.
As much as I would like Dragon Ball to not have that many characters, they are likely to have at the very least 5 characters IMO.

Toriko:
Toriko and other character.

Jojo:
Jotaro and DIO.

Hunter X Hunter:
Gon and Killua.

I began like this because those are the franchises they got, so it would be intelligent to self-promote their own licenses. With those series there are already around 18 characters give or take.

I will continue with other important JUMP titles that deserve a good ammount of representation.

NARUTO:
I would like for it to get only Naruto and Sasuke but that won't happen, I'd prefer they skip Sakura since she isn't as important to the plot but I bet they will let her since female-representation is always welcomeed.
Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi and probably another character (Hopefully a fan-favorite like Rock Lee or Gaara.. or those were fan-favorites 5 years ago when I cared about Naruto).
3-6 characters.

BLEACH:
Yeah its in decline whatever, I still feel this series is pretty important and should get 2-4 characters.
Ichigo.. We all know Hitsu and Renji got in J!US because of the votes, but are they as popular as before (circa 2006?).
My guess is they should include Aizen as villians are always welcomed (Look at how many villians J!US had.), Rukia since even though I don't like her female rep is needed and Byakuya/Hitsu/Renji/Fan-service character.

Kochikame:
This can't be called the ultimate JUMP game without Kochikame lol.
Ryotsu as playable.

Hokuto No Ken:
Kenshiro and Raoh, plain and simple.

Kinnikuman:
Kinnikuman and Ramenman or just Kinnikuman as in J!US.

Saint Seiya:
As I noted this manga is HUUUUUUUUUUGE and I would bet LOTS of people would import just to play Seiya.. Though I don't think they would include the 5 Bronze saints.. Likely Seiya alone or Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga. Anyway I don't think I will see my favorite (Shun Andromeda).

REBORN & Gintama:
Reborn just ended and Gintama is still strong, so I guess Tsuna and Gintoki.

Rurouni Kenshin:
Its got the movie hype, and a new (retell) of the manga. Kenshin and Shishio.. But its likely gonna be just Kenshin.

Battle & Support:
One Piece (5)
Toriko (2)
Dragon Ball (6)
Hunter X Hunter (2)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2)
Naruto (4)
BLEACH (3)
Kochikame (1)
Hokuto No Ken (2)
Kinnikuman (1)
Saint Seiya (1)
Gintama (1)
Rurouni Kenshin (1)
REBORN (1)
Ring Ni Kakero (1)

33 characters, if I were to cut anything it would be DB to 5 and Naruto to 3.

Support only.
Slam Dunk
Kuroko no Basket
Captain Tsubasa
Bakuman
Prince of Tennis
Death Note
Assasination Classroom
Eyeshield 21
Nisekoi
Beelzebub.
SKET DANCE.
Harenchi Gakuen (JUMP's first hit)
Nurarihyon No Mago.
Cobra.

I put old titles no one knows because this title suggests is the Ultimate JUMP game.. (ironic choose of words since its spiritual prequel is JUMP! Ultimate Stars lol) and should cover titles from all over JUMP's 45 years, not just from Kinnikuman onwards.

15 series battle, 14 support.
---
#4perrolococz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 3:07:55 PM
For the (hopefully inevitable because it sold so damn well) sequel:

New characters of franchises in the first part.

ONE PIECE (4):
Ussopp, Robin, Franky, Brook.

Dragon Ball (2):
Depending on how many characters it has, I want the total DB character rost to look like this:
Goku, Gohan (kid), Vegeta, Piccolo, Trunks, Freezer, Cell, Majin Buu.
BTW it always bugged me in J!US the lack of Cell -.-.

Jojo (1):
I guess a new Jojo.. Maybe for the corresponding anime arc? Maybe Jojolion's?

Hunter X Hunter (1):
I guess either Kurapika or Hisoka.

Naruto and BLEACH (1).

Hokuto No Ken (1 ??).
I guess Toki or the final enemy of part 2 (Haven't read so I wouldnt known.) But I just felt like Kenshiro and Raoh its ok.

So that's 10 characters.

New series:

Dr. Slump: Arale, Mashirito.

Sakigake Otokojuku!: Momo... And Edajima ??

Bastard: Havent read it but seems like a good manga and it has a .. weird story in JUMP.

Yu Yu Hakusho: Yuusuke, Kurama, Hiei.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Yugi.

Coya No Shonen Isamu: Isamu (I have been trying to find this title's raws.. it has an anime and supposedly was even broadcasted in italy, it was fairly popular on its days even though it only ran for 3 years or so -there were other times and most popular manga were like 15 volumes long, so I would say it was fairly popular getting covers lots of times on WSJ).

Shaman King: Yoh, Hao. (Sorry Anna fans)

Beelzebub: Baby beel and dude.

D-Gray Man: Allen Walker.

Rokudenashi BLUES: Maeda.

Dragon Quest Dai No Daiboken (????):
Again, dunno if possible since Dragon Quest is owned by Enix and as I have said this has prevent the manga from being published in some countries (Namely Spain).

Ginga Nagareboshi Gin:
Gin.

To Love Ru (2):
Lala and Yami.. It always bugged me how Eve got in JSS instead of Train -.-.

So that's 13 in average new characters from new franchises.. so 13 plus 10.. 23 new characters, so around 50 characters altogether.

New support series:
Toilet Hakase
Dokonjo Gaeru
Circuit No Ookami
Hikaru No Go
City Hunter
Black Cat
Hoshin Engi
I''s
Sannen Kimmengumi
Hareluya Boy
Ichigo 100%
Ninku
Kimagure Orange Road

If this is anything like J!US the sequel should have a good ammount of series from the mid 90s, but the mid 90s are now late 90s mid 2000s.
---
#5perrolococz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 3:39:06 PM
Forgot to include Medaka Box and Astro Kyudan as Support -.-
Anyway, new wall of text incoming >.>
---
#6perrolococz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 4:23:51 PM
Now for the last sequel (third installment)..

New characters from franchises already in the game.
ONE PIECE (1-2 characters)
Bad guys Akainu, Blackbeard.

Dragon Ball (1-2 characters)
Kid Goku/Fat Buu/Mr. Satan/Krillin.

TORIKO (1 character)
If Toriko hasnít ended in like 4 years when this (hypothetical game) comes then a new character should be ok to add, I doubt Toriko will ever reach even BLEACH levels of popularity but meh

BLEACH & Naruto (1 character)

Saint Seiya (2 characters)
To finally get the 5 silver saints.

Yu Yu Hakusho (2 characters)
Kuwabara, Toguro.

Rurouni Kenshin (1 character)
Shishio.

10 characters.

New battle series:

Whatever new manga is popular in JUMP (Maybe Ass-class battle character?)

Hoshin Engi, Black Cat, Wingman, Hareluya Boy, City Hunter, Cobra, Jaguar, Sexy Commando Sugoi yo Masaru San, Hell Teacher Nube, Leader Dan Takeshi, Nurarihyon no Mago, Hentai Kamen, Luckyman Medaka Box (Should have included this since the second game).

New support:
Rookies!, Playball, Mr. Fullswing, Astro Kyudan (I made a big mistake, all these are Baseball titles and should have included one as support per game)
Hochonin Ajijei (Cooking manga from the 70s)
Haikyuu this should have been included as support since the first game
Sokugeki No Souma (new cooking manga) Support since the second game
Bareefot Gin
Moeru Oni-San
Otoko Ippiki Gaki Taisho
PSYREN
Hana no Keiji
Muhyo To Roji
Buso Renkin
Doberman Detective
Black Angels
Catís Eye
Tsuide ni Tonchikan
Midori Ni Makibao
Nougami Neuro
Jungle King Tarchan

BTW the boss should be JUMPís pirate be a summoner like Taikoubou/Yugi in J!US and summon mangakas avatars (i.e. Oda is either pandaman or Fish-faced guy, Akira Toriyama is the masked robot, Kubo trolls everything Ėhe erases the background stuff like that, etc).
---
#7TwilightOrochiPosted 12/12/2012 5:08:53 PM
Dude, chill with the 2nd/3rd installment stuff, the first one hasn't even been released yet lol

Nice roster for the 1st one, tho i would put Shaman King in it as well, as it's has a on-going sequel manga at the moment.
---
Watch Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, if u haven't seen it yet.
But beware, it has horror elements and psycho's in it and u may get very emotional sometimes.
#8perrolococz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 6:11:50 PM
Most of this are just copy/pastes from the various sequel roster topics we have had over the years.. Just felt like updating them with new stuff and basically dividing them in 3 since that's kinda like how most Fighting games work now a days and is specially true for anime games.. I.e. One Piece Pirate Warriors, now they announced PW2.. Hokuto Musou, Hokuto Musou 2..
Its as if they make the game with a number of characters you can't really complain (around 25 for a fighting game isn't bad, but can be greatly improved).
I will make a list with every battle and support character I listed in some hours.
---
#9perrolococz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 6:22:04 PM
Also in the big scheme of things Shaman King isn't as important as any franchise I putted as Battle characters in the first game, maybe Ring Ni Kakero since its a classic and it didnt had an anime until its 25th anniversary (Back in like 2006 IIRC) but I left Ringkake to have a classic manga representation (It was one of JUMPs first big hits, though a modest hit by today's standards of selling a million copies and stuff).

Of the mangas that have ended and are on the battle list of the first game all but Dragon Ball have had a spin-off or continuation:

Hokuto No Ken:
Various spin-offs of Julia, Raoh and even a prequel that is longer than Hokuto No Ken itself.

Kinnikuman:
Had NIssei and Nissei's sequel (Around 60 books worth of stuff, probably more since these are seinen-sized tankoubon), right now its being published (The original kinnikuman ended like 20-something years ago in WSJ and it started serialization again last year).

Saint Seiya:
Episode G 20 volumes, Lost Canvas 25 volumes and its sequel its being currently serialized, Saint Seiya Next Dimension.

Rurouni Kenshin:
Restauration IIRC a movie tie-in

Ring Ni Kakero 1:
Had a sequel named Ring Ni Kakero 2 (Original naming ftw) which had like 28 volumes.

So Shaman King has flowers (IIRC thats its name) but TONS of JUMP (And non-jump manga have sequels, prequels, spin-offs), so as I said SK is good, I like it but not as big as we might see.

Before Shaman King I would have included Yu Yu Hakusho or Dr. Slump in the first game, those were huge JUMP properties back in their day, and with less than 20 volumes they outsold SK's 33 (or 32 cant remember) volumes, also had a longer anime.

BTW I love Shaman King so please no wars :p
---
#10PirateKing290Posted 12/12/2012 9:23:34 PM
I'd like all straw hats before any side character tbh. They all fight diversely enough to be fun.

I'd like Dio and a character thats not Jotaro tbh. If they can do like 4 or 5 jojo characters I'd like one from almost every part (Does Jump own rights to SBR and Jojolion?)
If so I'd like
Dio
Josuke or Kira
Giorno
Jolyne or Pucci
Gyro

Hunter X Hunter could fly with Gon and Killua since they're the most constant characters.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer