I miss this....(sob story)

#1garrasandsPosted 6/29/2013 8:24:20 AM
I doubt some of you will remember me but i have been playing random lately just to respark the Jump in me (lol im so funny guys) i still remember this board being at the top for a while, it is very sad to see it where it is at today...... But there was lots of fun to be had, maybe you remember my buddy Zawaii better because most people enjoyed him over me anyways. But if any of you would like to play i am on a decent ammount now. Just post and let me know...
---
(\__/)Like Joe Strummer said "Your band is only as good as your
(='.'=)drummer" well then our band must suck >_>
#2OniIchimaruPosted 7/1/2013 7:50:28 AM
garrasands posted...
I doubt some of you will remember me but i have been playing random lately just to respark the Jump in me (lol im so funny guys) i still remember this board being at the top for a while, it is very sad to see it where it is at today...... But there was lots of fun to be had, maybe you remember my buddy Zawaii better because most people enjoyed him over me anyways. But if any of you would like to play i am on a decent ammount now. Just post and let me know...

I don't remember you.
---
Any tree can drop an apple; I'LL DROP THE FREAKING MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Sho Minamimoto(Twewy)-
#3nwabu2Posted 7/2/2013 11:42:43 AM
Garss, you still have the Jump spirit which is nice.
Hope for that Vita sequel.
#4garrasands(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 9:16:33 PM
OniIchimaru posted...
garrasands posted...

I don't remember you.

I dont remember you either i played for about 2 years and i remember nwabu, and my buddies name was kawaii27 not zawaii and thanks nwabu i missed this board a lot to be honest..... It will never be the same....
---
(\__/)Like Joe Strummer said "Your band is only as good as your
(='.'=)drummer" well then our band must suck >_>
#5nwabu2Posted 7/4/2013 10:12:15 AM
True.
It won't ever be the same again, the people we were 6 years ago are all but gone now. A testament to how great all of our memories of the game is the amount of lurkers we have on this board lol.

Even after all of these years we still check on this board.
#6ivanuchiha88Posted 7/4/2013 9:09:59 PM
i have this board bookmarked every where i use my internet. this is still by far the most phenomenal fighting game i ever played. even though its a broken game xD.the community was awesome as well. i truly wish this game would revive somehow. i would still play it if i had a ds :(. this game also set me up into all fighting games. if anyone plays umvc3 add me . *_*
---
PSN AibanSama DD pawn name SaekoBusujma SFxT raven,juri,rolento,poison,Lili SSF4 main , juri,cody,chars im learning:sakura
#7TilakPosted 7/5/2013 2:29:11 PM
Yea, weird to think about how different I was 7 years ago. Was living with my parents when I played this day in and day out since its release day, and now I've been married a few years, lived in another country, and am almost done with my BA, though this is happening quite late, with me at 27 XD

This game is also a big deal to me because it was my first actual attempt at understanding japanese by trying to help Genroh with translating goals in his faq (and by help, I mean I think I managed one credit), and now I'm working to become a translator. Finished my first paid job this Summer, and while I'm nowhere near professional level, it's nostalgic to look back where I started.

lol, does anyone care to read this? Doubt it, but I saw Ivan, and I saw Nwabu, and it made my nostalgia kick up again XD I don't even try to find another community like this one had, and just come back to see who's still lurking. And for others who still are, I'm still here!

P.S with newer encryption keys for the internet (AEP, etc.) regular DS games do not support this at all. I haven't been online in ages T.T If anyone knows how to get DS games to work on newer encryption setups (AEP, etc) I'll be up for some matches!
---
Just because something is inexplicted, doesn't mean its inexplicable.
#8nwabu2Posted 7/9/2013 1:57:55 PM
Damn Tilak, you did some interesting things in those years!
Being married must be so weird but I am happy that you are on track on finishing your BA and becoming the translator that you want to be. Hey, maybe you will even move back to Japan and work for 8-4 Play.
#9TrancedDreamsPosted 7/10/2013 12:18:10 AM
Hey.
#10TilakPosted 7/10/2013 8:40:29 AM
Hey thanks Nwabu :) yes, marriage is definitely an interesting transition at first but after four years it feels quite natural now ^^

And I'm trying to get back to Japan to get better japanese next year after graduating, but we'll see. I am afraid to work in Japan though, with everything I've heard about the business world there O.O

I've never heard of 8-4 play, lol, just looked it up now. That would be awesome! Regardless, looking forward to a real career in the future.

Oh yea, IIRC, are you still in college Nwabu, or on to the next big thing?
---
Just because something is inexplicted, doesn't mean its inexplicable.