Character customization?

#1FenriswolfPosted 10/4/2008 8:08:59 AM
Just wondering, can your give your player different faces, hairstyles, hair colors like NWN2?
#2CyrilinPosted 10/4/2008 9:34:34 AM
Nope, sorry.
---
Ich geh nie mehr, Ich bleib für immer hier! Ich geb 'n Scheiß auf euch Punks weil ihr mich nicht interessiert!
#3fleetppPosted 10/14/2008 5:23:06 PM

According to the OFFICIAL forum,s, you can change hair color. Hit the tilda key to bring up a command line and enter

SYS HAIRCOLOR xxxxxx where the x's represent color codes.

Some are listed below

000000 is black

0000FF is blue

FF0000 is red

EE82EE is violet

I only have the demo version, and these worked on the seraphim.

regards,

fleetp

#4DuneManPosted 10/15/2008 4:25:37 PM
If you check simple HTML tutorials available online about color they should list a bunch of hex combinations for you to try out.
---
"I'd rather betray the world then let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
*use the Search function on the boards*
#5barkera0Posted 10/16/2008 2:29:14 AM
They really should have just put it easily accessible in the game. It's kind of expected now in a PC RPG that you can customize your characters to an extent.
#6xDeadP00lxPosted 10/17/2008 8:32:52 PM

barkera0 posted...
They really should have just put it easily accessible in the game. It's kind of expected now in a PC RPG that you can customize your characters to an extent.

No joke. You'd figure these days you could make an easy menu, I don't want to have search or learn HTML to change FREAKING HAIR COLOR on my character.

Ugh, seems like the developers haven't learned from their last mistakes.

#7fleetppPosted 10/20/2008 11:31:13 AM

For the demo version, Seraphim hair color is in the compressed file graphics04.zip, in the pak folder. Use Winzip or winrar or your favorite uncompressing software to open it. Path to the hair files is

mq\maps\heroes\seraphim

The specific files are: sera_hair2_sc.dds, sera_hair2_do.dds, sera_hair1_sc.dds, and sera_hair1_do.dds

Modify the color with your favorite graphics editor (GIMP is free). After modifying the files to get a color you like, in in the PAK folder, create the following folder stucture. mq\maps\heroes\seraphim

Copy the modified dds files into the seraphim folder.

I haven't changed the hair color (too busy modding the outfits). Too bad the official game forum does not permit discussing mods/reskinning.

regards, fleetpp

#8Nightshade5797Posted 10/24/2008 2:05:50 AM
fleetpp, have you figured out how to mod the glow effects yet? I've recolored several seraphim armors, but I haven't figured out how to change the glow effect yet.

Specifically I'm looking for the glow effects for her wings. I think she has an ambient glow effect for her hair as well, I changed it to orange, but it still has bright yellow highlights, too bright to be natural.

Thanks,

Here's some of my work so far, pictures were taken same time same place, she's got a tan in the second one.

Before: http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=normalpi8.jpg

After: http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modli0.jpg
#9fleetppPosted 10/24/2008 9:50:41 AM

@nightshade,

I haven't worked on the wings yet. Getting rid of the armor shine is difficult. The only way I found to do it so far with the torso is to force the game to use the leather torso model for all the chest armor. Even with that I still had a bit of glow with the magic chest armor.

regards,

fleetpp

#10Nightshade5797Posted 10/25/2008 12:09:52 AM
Another idea came to mind, customizing skills for single player, are there any things you can change to swap the skills between classes, like give the Seraphim the High Elf's Teleport, and give the Temple Guardian the Seraphims BFG. It would be great if it was as simple as a balance.txt text switch but it's probably more complicated then that.

I'm currently VERY unsatisfied with the amount of variety the classes have with skills. This could change that drastically if there was a way to create my own class so to speak.

I'll continue to look for a while and let you know if I find anything. I'm still looking for those glow effects too, I can't figure out how to view the GR2 and CM files, I got a Granny Viewer but that gives a CRC error so they probably are a different format.