Questions about this game

#11engimamanPosted 1/12/2011 11:51:24 PM
And how long does ti take to grind with pure classes

well the thing is this game has a crazy way of stat Increases but long story short...if you’re going to have each character have only one class then you better make sure there are the best in that class in other words you’re mage NEEDS to learn a status effect spells and you MUST HAVE A HEALER and your fighter has to be a Fighter (all points will go either in STR or VIT their INT/RES should be never be higher than 9)

To make things simpler
-all party members MUST excel in their class! (a character’s Race means nothing to good stats placement!)

-don’t waste bonus stats! (Increasing a fighter INT for starters, or a Mages STR)

-Don’t get six party members if you gonna be lazy about it! (it is VERY HARD to level up with a party of six, most people think more party members will make the game easier, which is only true if you take the time and level grind)

-Weapons/armor still has better stats even if its WL or AL =0! (in the beginning of the game you’ll see a lot of armors and weapons with a level of zero, most people think that’s levels are all important but it’s NOT! Check the resistances and stats!)

-Location, Location, Location(make sure your formation is correct “tanks”=front, healers/mages= back)

-don’t depend on the armorer for ANYTHING (only use him for startup Equipment, at the end of the 2nd dungeon you should be fighting monsters for their stuff rather than EXP!)

-destroy the F.O.Es First! (Universally known as a ******* Over-powered Enemy, these guys WILL destroy you’re party if left alone on the battle field I.E: enemy’s that spam hit all spells/actions or have a very high ATK)

I have more info to share but its late! oh well!
---
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."
#12Neueziel(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2011 7:50:14 AM
Great...i like your tips enigmaman...but then a party of four would be best?? the ´´classic´´D&D setup perhaps?? Fighter,Mage,Thief,Priest(or cleric)?? or the thief here is not good and a better replacement is in order?
#13engimamanPosted 1/13/2011 10:50:49 AM
yeah, go D&D, that never fails..oddly enough...

But since it’s your fist time playing your main character should be a fighter while the 2nd character you create should be a priest, thieves are kind of like archers if anything, but you don’t get a bow till the 3rd(?) dungeon , but yeah, a Fighter, mage and priest are the big three everyone needs in their party
And I recommend adding another fighter to support your frontline. and maybe later on you could add a six party member, (I added a robot due to the fact they can use guns and bazookas and I needed more back-line Support)

but my original team (before the class change) was
Human Male: Fighter sword and shield
Elf Male: Fighter 2-handed sword (oddly enough the strongest out of the three)
Dwarf Female : Fighter dual weld weapons
Human Female : Mage
Elf Female : priest

Last minute tips!
-do an cardio workout! Feel the BURN! (Mp will recover slowly while moving so... just run around like a spazz if you need MP!)

-recycle! (After completing certain quests you’ll get a computer created party member to create, but don’t use them due to the fact they have really high levels so other teammates won't get any XP, so just use there stuff instead! Add them to your party take their stuff and send them right back!)

-Set up your teams A.I!, No one loves a STUPID computer! (after every 5th level teammates will get a Behavior point also they will have three points already placed…You will need to relocate those… unless you want your priest to run up to the frontlines and attack with their Melee weapon )

-Take control of other teammates! an human Mind is always better than a A.I!( sometimes the A.I won’t “read” the battle correctly ; this happens A LOT in VK2, but anyways you will may have to take over your mage or priest if you want to gain an edge in battles)

-If all else fails.. GO FOR THE EYES! (There is a spell called blind, which…blinds the opponent. This is a very cheap move that kind of breaks the game if used correctly due to the fact once an enemy is blinded their A.I goes right down to 1, as in they just move around aimlessly on the battle field until its automatically cured, ……..there’s a hit-all blind spell later in the game too……you see what I’m getting at? I spent 3 hours in the Akatoki village just grinding trying to get the samurai Regalia the… “Hachiman armor” set or whatever it’s called all I did was mass blind and went auto fight and my party pretty much came out unscarred from each fight.)
---
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."
#14Neueziel(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2011 7:40:33 AM
But i gather that the bosses are immune to blind?? otherwise once you have it the game is practically easy mode....and what the...robots?? i thought this would be an pure medieval game......err...i would prefer an humanoid being >_<

So the first time its better to go with an five man team??

What about a four man team like 2x Fighters,Mage and priest(all pure class)?? my chars will level up faster but will it become too hard??
#15engimamanPosted 1/16/2011 7:33:58 PM
^^^
.....well... some midbosses are effected....and its kinda not like sci-fi robots its more like "Machines created by the old ones to keep watch for…something or another" everything looks steam powered.....

So the first time its better to go with an five man team??
Experience, it takes a long time with six people early on. ( spent a week leveling with six compared to 2 days with a party of five) so you can get a sixth party Member (Probably a range attacker)

What about a four man team like 2x Fighters,Mage and priest(all pure class)?? my chars will level up faster but will it become too hard??

No, that won’t work….due to the fact that most of the later battles consents of 5-7 enemy’s, now the thing is... on average your two fighters can probably take on and attract 4-5 monsters without any problems but… the others WILL try and attack your back characters…so you need a good front line to act more of a meat shield to protect your healer/mage/”archers"

long story short play with four you can be easily overwhelmed...

---
#16engimamanPosted 1/16/2011 10:19:53 PM
ah sorry about that earlier post, I left out some words here and there....
you should check out Youtube videos of game play to see what I mean
---