Trails in the Sky Second Chapter confirmed (again) for the USA!

#1ArtavasdusPosted 4/29/2011 5:05:34 PM
When the XSeed-Falcom partnership was announced back in mid 2010 six games were confirmed for American release, the three Ys and the Trails trilogy. Since then some people have been worried about Second Chapter's localization, but in a recent Facebook message XSeed has re-confirmed it, saying that the localization will take a while because of the game's enormous script (it's two times longer than the first Trails', and that was already extremely long).

This is really good news, since it shows that the first Trails in the Sky has been profitable and that Second Chapter is already in the pipelines. I hope we can have Trails SC in mid 2012, but the priority is having a localization as good as Trails FC's, so I will patiently wait for more news :)

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/29/xseed-be-patient-for-trails-in-the-sky-second-chapter-its-about-twice-the-size-of-fc/#disqus_thread
---
Trails in the Sky, another great PSP JRPG by Falcom, is coming to the USA the 29th of March - check it out!
#2OtamotPosted 4/29/2011 7:20:46 PM
Oh yeah!
#3darkforest02Posted 4/29/2011 7:28:40 PM
I am very excited now! I assumed that they would but you can never be 100% sure. I just wish I had the power to wait, I really want it now but I guess I can wait a bit longer XD
#4coldkgon_mkIIPosted 4/29/2011 7:29:31 PM
sweet god thats good news. Now to twiddle thumbs and wait for time to fly
---
Mo0
#5Hours_LeftPosted 4/29/2011 7:35:36 PM
I don't know if those comments are really an official statement that it's coming, but I have faith in XSEED none the less that they will follow through with the series.

I really think that this can be their staple series (along with Ys), and that their partnership with Falcom is the best thing that could of happened to them.

---
Currently Playing: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PSP)
#6OtamotPosted 4/29/2011 7:44:21 PM
Gunloc posted...
I don't know if those comments are really an official statement that it's coming, but I have faith in XSEED none the less that they will follow through with the series.

I really think that this can be their staple series (along with Ys), and that their partnership with Falcom is the best thing that could of happened to them.

I'm pretty sure that I've read somewhere that they'll never go back on their words. Since the statement has been released (at least sort of), all we can do now is wait.
#7kernPosted 4/29/2011 7:52:37 PM(edited)
Nothing in that link is any more certain than what we've been told since before the first game came out.

(As for "not going back on their word", this is a matter of business, not of promises.)
#8CronoRPGPosted 4/29/2011 8:27:48 PM
Maybe a release date at E3? Fingers crossed.
#9Artavasdus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2011 9:40:03 PM(edited)
kern posted...
Nothing in that link is any more certain than what we've been told since before the first game came out.

Not really, the first announcement was in mid 2010 when no one could guess if the first Trails in the Sky would sell well (and Wyrdwad already confirmed on this board that the game definitely isn't a flop), while this new confirmation, as indirect as it is, is done a month after Trails' release.

Of course this isn't an official press release (technically the game has been announced since last year, after all), but still I don't think they would talk openly about SC's localization on their official Facebook page if they were still deciding whether to translate it or not..
---
Trails in the Sky, another great PSP JRPG by Falcom, is coming to the USA the 29th of March - check it out!
#10hebert23Posted 4/29/2011 10:35:12 PM
CronoRPG posted...
Maybe a release date at E3? Fingers crossed.

i don't know... e3 is near, and if they have just started translating the game they probably can't give us a release date without risking to disappoint someone