Beat the game! ...my head hurts..

#11zinformantPosted 6/7/2012 9:57:46 AM
tarenwanderer posted...
The success or lack of Ys Oath and, more importantly, Ys Origins on Steam will determine how much success the SnK trilogy may find on PC.

Nonsense...in part, anyways. I don't think we're dealing with the same audience on a wide scale. Yes, many of us are Falcom fans, but what about the larger group of Ys fans or folks who would enjoy that kind of game? Not all of them enjoy this game. That said, it may be safe to assume that, however Origin does, Trails would do much less. You follow? If Origin sells "well", whatever that means, that does not make Steam necessarily a "safe" outlet for rereleasing this game on.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#12tarenwandererPosted 6/7/2012 5:19:11 PM
Safer than trying to continue on the PSP, at least exclusively, is what I meant. And yeah, I similarly meant that the success of Origins was going to be pretty crucial to determining if Trails on PC will be viable. Indeed, the success (or lack thereof) of the Ys games is going to have a huge effect on Xseed in the future, I feel. In Trails case, even more so; I'm not sure how much work will be involved in localizing the PC version with the PSP's script, or how many changes will need to be done, but on the distribution side the costs are much lower (sup digital distribution) and they can actually expect some sales for a longer period of time than a console release, particularly one which already has a next-generation replacement.

We shall see, we shall see.
---
We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. - Mark Twain
~ The Planeswalker ~ Delusion of Stability
#13chibidwPosted 6/22/2012 7:28:37 AM
Indeed, the success (or lack thereof) of the Ys games is going to have a huge effect on Xseed in the future, I feel.

Indeed, the advertising(or lack thereof) of the Ys games had a huge effect on the success(or lack thereof) of the Ys games, I feel.
#14zinformantPosted 6/22/2012 8:23:35 PM
chibidw posted...
Indeed, the success (or lack thereof) of the Ys games is going to have a huge effect on Xseed in the future, I feel.

Indeed, the advertising(or lack thereof) of the Ys games had a huge effect on the success(or lack thereof) of the Ys games, I feel.

What did you expect? There wouldn't have been a commercial, and I can't think of what possibly else they could have done...
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#15helldewPosted 7/2/2012 12:51:54 PM
I disagree there is much more the could have done with ys. rather it be simple things like internet ads or something get some contests going for entries for art for the achievments get ideas submissions for the achievments get weapons modeled after the game into TF2 to spread the name around put Ys oath on steam sale more get it on the front page of steam much more often. they could have released a demo for oath maybe the first half of a dungeon or something + a boss fight (something like zelda where it has preset files that are in different locations). it would have showcased the games graphics much better then any trailer could have it would have showcased the design to see if people like it and showcased the music.

they just dropped Ys oath at a terrible time (after diablo 3) really under the radar. most people think its some generic JRPG which sucks cause PC gamers have a pretty meh opinion of JRPGs and i think personally there is an audience there (look at recetter) it just needs more exposure. they should use Oath for exposure and get people to buy into origin after. then see if They can get some falcom fans to buy into trails and other steam released Xseed games. Xseed has great products and i understand they arent the biggest company in the world but they need to start solidifying their PC entrances now before they lose their money and are unable to continue bringing us great games. I respect the hell out of them and love their work but i dont mean to be rude but its hard to recommend Ys to someone when there isnt even a playable demo out for me to tell people to try.

Ive heard they had programming issues cause the Japanese program for them but i dont think a demo is unreasonable considering they did at least get patches and stuff working.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#16carcypherPosted 7/3/2012 3:39:37 PM
How they left it like FIN lol and no credits is such a big tease, what the hell is gonna happen to Estelle?
O_O dammit I want the sequel!
=(...
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#17GurudaPosted 7/3/2012 3:46:11 PM
Unless you're running an ISO or hit a button at the wrong time, you couldn't see that Fin without going through the credits. And then right after that you get some teasing about the next game.
#18carcypherPosted 7/3/2012 3:59:45 PM
Unless you're running an ISO or hit a button at the wrong time, you couldn't see that Fin without going through the credits. And then right after that you get some teasing about the next game.

Uh oh busted ^_^

but really, I want to play the sequel now , blah
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#19helldewPosted 7/4/2012 6:31:13 PM
if you want to see the sequals go support the game if you havent already this game sold a patheticly weak amount of copies far under even Xseeds expectations which are already low which is sad cause this is an excellent game. i can assume it sold pretty crap to cause i have a bracer emblem on my bag and not a single person even recognized it yet and that is going through conventions and stuff like that. this sereis is below niche at this point in time.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#20tarenwandererPosted 7/5/2012 7:23:38 AM
You can assume it sold poorly because Wyrd said so.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/14/whats-going-on-with-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-second-chapter/
---
We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. - Mark Twain
~ The Planeswalker ~ Delusion of Stability