So, any news on the sequel yet?

#1congnguyen18039Posted 6/14/2012 5:48:24 AM
It's been a while since I last visited the board. Is there any news on the sequel beside the usual "keep your hope up" ?
#2GurudaPosted 6/14/2012 6:29:11 AM
Nope, you haven't missed anything. No news is good news, huge game and huge undertaking, keep your hopes up etc.
#3PrimePikachuPosted 6/14/2012 8:38:45 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha!

Have you lost your sanity yet, TC?

*Rocks back and forth in a corner*
---
http://i.imgur.com/JljG9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wFLPz.jpg
#4zinformantPosted 6/14/2012 9:58:58 AM
I disagree that the news is "keep your hopes up". We should trust the unofficial PR that Trails 2 is a WIP and, to that end, "hope" shouldn't be part of the equation. They have every intention of releasing the game; it just won't be tomorrow or the next day.

As an aside, watch for if they bring either I+II or this game to Steam. That would be a potentially interesting and telling development on where things may be going.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#5tarenwandererPosted 6/15/2012 5:48:54 AM
No, "keep your hopes up" is precisely what we should be doing. XSeed has every intention of releasing SC, we all know this, and we all know how much they love the series as a whole. Thing is, intentions don't equal profit. I can't place my finger on the exact topic, but I distinctively recall Wyrd correcting himself for an earlier mistake and stating how Trails didn't sell as many copies as they had hoped. And SC probably won't even match that; not everyone enjoyed Trails, not everyone will still have their PSP in working order when SC finally releases, and some people who played FC did so on a Vita or PSP Go, which means they'd need to go buy a 1000-3000 just for this.

Putting in even more work for a game which is going to sell even less? Labor of love though it might be, it doesn't bring in the profits the company needs to survive. Which sucks, Lloyd knows I know, and I am hoping they pull it off in a reasonable and actually decently profitable fashion; the potential for the PC releases on Steam might help with that a lot.
---
We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. - Mark Twain
~ The Planeswalker ~ Delusion of Stability
#6zinformantPosted 6/15/2012 6:09:16 AM
I never said it was a sound business decision to plan to release it. If it was my money on the line, I would never have Xseed work on Trails 2 and let the series fall into obscurity. They seem to have a certain...determination...to get this game out there despite the shrinking market we're dealing with.

It's also possible they are banking on the risk that more folks will buy this game upon learning of the sequel. Will this help in large numbers? Doubtful because uninformed folks will be expecting The 3rd, too, and will likely ignore the series until then.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#7tarenwandererPosted 6/16/2012 12:16:29 PM
I'm only really arguing here that "keeping up hope" is precisely what we should be doing. XSeed clearly wants to continue localizing the SnK series, but all we can really do is keep on hoping they can pull it off without breaking the bank. Well, that and continue to buy their stuff and put out the word, but most of us who frequent the board are probably doing that already.
---
We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. - Mark Twain
~ The Planeswalker ~ Delusion of Stability
#8medmusclePosted 6/20/2012 9:03:05 AM
I am going through the long and painful (yet, interesting) process of learning Japanese. I am sick and tired of "hoping" that RPGs get localized just to see barely a few copies get sold of a great game amongst the myriads of brainwashing crap FPS that dilute the shelves. It pisses me off.

Everyone whom I meet around here that calls themselves a "gamer" talks about how much they love video games. When I ask what they play, 9 times out of 10 it's "Call of Dooty." :::shudders::: When I say that I play Tales, Ys, Legend of Heroes, Persona, etc., I usually get a blank stare. Everyone is brainwashed to play garbage that the media here crams into their little brains.
---
Proud to say I am NOT one of the millions of brainwashed drones into playing FPS because western society/media says it's cool.
#9diebuster2Posted 6/22/2012 6:02:29 PM
^ What I told you, that I play Battlefield instead of CoD? :)
---
Playing: ICO&SotC HD, BF3, Grandia. Favourite: Xenogears.
Official Fat Princess of the PSASBR board.
#10randomweirdoPosted 6/22/2012 8:22:56 PM
diebuster2 posted...
^ What I told you, that I play Battlefield instead of CoD? :)

That's just as bad. But I could rant on forever about how much I hate EA and Activision for their poor support of their products.