new to the legend of heroes game...

#1sayianprince300Posted 8/7/2012 1:35:03 PM
I just saw that there were 4 of them for the psp. Which order do u suggest i play them?
---
Currently playing:Tales of destiny,tales of innocence and tales of vesperia
Brawl code-1805-9843-8146
#2VeghEstherPosted 8/7/2012 1:41:33 PM
Their more then 4 theirs the previous trilogy which sucks then the Trails in the Sky games (are 3 total games) in Japan.

Japan also has Zero No Kiseki and Ao No Kiseki which take place in a different location then the 3 Trails in the Sky (Sora No Kiseki games.)

But Sora No Kiseki SC (the sequel to this one) doesn't even have a out of Japan release date yet.
#3Skeith666Posted 8/7/2012 1:42:21 PM
This one first. Its technically the 6th LoH game in the series, but it starts its own story arc completely unrelated to the original 5 games. And the other 3 on the psp are called the gagharv trilogy but Bandai butchered the translations and the combat for the games. This game though personally has some of the best writing style and story telling out of every game I have ever played so definitley pick this one up first.
#4Skeith666Posted 8/7/2012 1:43:04 PM
And I have him blocked but ignore whatever the hell Vegh said cause hes a noob and know next to nothing about these games.
#5sayianprince300(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 1:56:46 PM
oohhh so i should start with this one then?
Which should i play after this?
---
Currently playing:Tales of destiny,tales of innocence and tales of vesperia
Brawl code-1805-9843-8146
#6Skeith666Posted 8/7/2012 2:07:43 PM
sayianprince300 posted...
oohhh so i should start with this one then?
Which should i play after this?

Well that depends. The sequel to this game is not here in the U yet, but if you really wanna play the other 3 games then I recommend playing in this order.

LoH 2:Moonlight Witch
LoH: Tear of Vermillion
LoH3: Cagesong

That is the proper order of playing them but when they were translated and brought over they decided to number them differently then when they were originally released. So LoH 2 is actualy LoH 3 and LoH is LoH 4 etc etc.
#7GurudaPosted 8/7/2012 2:31:15 PM
If you do play the Gagharv Trilogy games, just bear in mind that they're third party remakes of an older set of games so they don't play the same way as this game (or as Falcom intended them to be played since Bandai modified the combat system) and the localizations are... not good. That being said, people have managed to really enjoy the games in spite of that so after playing this game they're not a bad option if you're feeling a craving for more. You just want to know going in that you're not getting quite the same experience as this game..
#8helldewPosted 8/7/2012 5:42:06 PM
Start with this try the others later. this game is incrediable and is unlinked to the other games released here thus far.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#9CyouniPosted 8/8/2012 8:37:49 AM
Well, if you listen to Vegh, the correct way to play the game is to skip all the cutscene text, in which case you don't have to worry about the terrible translation.
#10VeghEstherPosted 8/8/2012 1:19:35 PM
That too but Sora No Kiseki has way longer text for button mashing then the previous 3 games.