Why doesn's XSEED start a kickstarter?

#1hedgylovePosted 9/14/2012 5:40:16 PM
SC is going so slowly, but I bet it would be much faster if they made a kickstarter project. So many people are so passionate about this series, I bet the funding wouldn't take that long to acquire.

Has anyone asked them about this?
---
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#2zinformantPosted 9/14/2012 5:47:29 PM
There's a statement/article somewhere on why this wouldn't help much. In the meantime, start here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/933329-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky/62007795
You're not the first person to suggest this.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#3GurudaPosted 9/14/2012 8:58:29 PM
Here's some more Wyrds of wisdom on why that's not an option. It was in the specific context of raising extra money to fund a physical release but all the basic points apply regardless.

http://seldane.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=gaming&thread=6241&page=3#177691
#4hedgylove(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 9:04:33 PM
zinformant posted...
There's a statement/article somewhere on why this wouldn't help much. In the meantime, start here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/933329-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky/62007795
You're not the first person to suggest this.

I see...well, that's very admirable artistic integrity, only having a small team of translators to keep the voices consistent. Still, I feel bad though. I'm nowhere near the end of this game, but I really have read a ton of text already. You guys weren't kidding about that.
---
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#5hedgylove(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 9:07:48 PM
Guruda posted...
Here's some more Wyrds of wisdom on why that's not an option. It was in the specific context of raising extra money to fund a physical release but all the basic points apply regardless.

http://seldane.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=gaming&thread=6241&page=3#177691

And politics is an even bigger point that I hadn't considered. I just wish there was a way to help.
---
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#6helldewPosted 9/15/2012 12:15:27 AM
Honestly i dont think Xseed needs a kick starter. what they need to do it get the game in figure out some creative marketable techniques rather it be something simple like making contests to spread the word about it or advertising it so preorder bonus`s gets you some random thing IE a bracer pin for TF2 or something like that. just stuff to get peoples intrest in general. Although IMO i think a PC version of the game has a chance at least where as the PSP is more or less hopeless.

At least if anything steam will market the game somewhat but still Xseed can get more then that RPG fans i personally know dont know jack all about the franchise and IMO those should be the first targets cause im sure there are many many others.

I partly feel like the franchise should still have been renamed a bit for the west cause no offense but legend of heroes just sounds plain generic (as an RPG fan it just isnt name sticking). And the LOH games in general have a terrible terrible rep here already to with namcos excellent effort with the Gagharv trilogy which i had the "liberty" of trying (oh god).

I know changing the name isnt something to be taken lightly but honestly trails in teh sky alone sounds better then holding onto the legend of heroes part to me at least. Hell it kinda reminds me of skies of arcadia (which isnt a bad thing). plus it has a bit more stick.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#7VeghEstherPosted 9/15/2012 1:08:30 AM
Well in Japan Falcom finally found a way to take the 2 UMD's and make a PSN version of SC.

Since I don't want my cleared file of this game to be 100% worthless since you can't use the file to convert to a Steam/PC only version of SC hopefully the PSN SC WILL be released out of Japan even if its not anytime soon.
#8holyknight14Posted 9/15/2012 7:01:50 AM
I hope they don't release it on the PSP solely to make your clear file useless.
---
what goes around comes around, you know who you are and what you tried to do 3/23/09
#9helldewPosted 9/15/2012 12:32:57 PM
Since I don't want my cleared file of this game to be 100% worthless since you can't use the file to convert to a Steam/PC only version of SC hopefully the PSN SC WILL be released out of Japan even if its not anytime soon.

we have already gone over this if you get the PC version just use a save file that is finished problem solved.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#10VeghEstherPosted 9/15/2012 2:13:14 PM
Well still I prefer a PSP version over a steam version besides I don't even have a clue where to download Direct X 8.1 or higher (since its required) to play it on Steam/PC.

That and its easier to do "all nighters' for games via PSP only as well.