Wait, are you one of those guys...

#11Emmy_AltavaPosted 9/24/2012 8:19:33 PM
Alltra posted...
He just seemed like a stereotypical fruity gay person to me, and I really dislike that character type.

Except for the part where he's not gay.

He's at most bi, and as characterization moves forward it's entirely possible he's just trolling everyone.

-

Although, I've got to admit: as such a person myself, I enjoyed Olivier. He made me laugh. And I wasn't offended by that remark by Estelle - that's a very typical reaction and it made her seem a bit more realistic to me.

And also because she's sort of justified, since Olivier did sort of hit on the dude she loved after knowing him for about five seconds.
#12TaruTaruKirbzPosted 9/24/2012 8:30:34 PM
Alltra posted...
He just seemed like a stereotypical fruity gay person to me, and I really dislike that character type.

It fits perfectly into the stupidity that most JRPGs have going on though....but it's one thing about Anime and JRPGs that I honestly don't care for.

I can understand where you're coming from as I'm the same. But Olivier did strike me a bit differently to how it you describe it. For one, the design of him itself isn't overly fabulous and extravagant like most characters like these are (to give an example of what I mean look at Wallace in Pokemon). The other thing is his personality, while he strikes me as the type of male person who will acts feminine and fabulous all of the time (which seriously strikes my hate nerve a lot) he instead is more of a combination of silly and fabulous. He didn't become one of my favorite characters, but I definitely didn't hate him and I even thought he was the funniest character.

If there's any character I hate in this game its Agate. Sister complex (that is so freaking overdone) and he's a pretentious bacon. Everyone else I saw as extremely well-written (including Olivier) and touching to cliche's while not making it seem like every other jrpg or anime out there.
#13thinkingofwarPosted 9/24/2012 11:48:34 PM
The real question: Would Olivier eat at Chick-Fil-A?
---
Getting Manning after Tebow is like getting a Mercedes for christmas instead of a Hyundai. -hotdog311
#14kernPosted 9/25/2012 3:19:29 AM
Koyasu.
---
Cincinnati Bengals: 2-1
#15tarenwandererPosted 9/25/2012 5:51:29 AM
/headdesk
---
Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
~ The Planeswalker ~ Delusion of Stability
#16Illusive_VorchaPosted 9/26/2012 9:08:11 PM
Olivier's the best character in the game.
---
Proud supporter of the Capcom & Sega/PG boycott.
#17SleepMaserPosted 9/27/2012 8:51:55 AM
Illusive_Vorcha posted...
Olivier's the best character in the game.

This.
---
Playing : Minecraft , Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei , Touhou Sky Arena -Matsuri-
Waiting : God Eater 2
#18gangster4lifeyoPosted 10/6/2012 9:38:58 PM
I don't get what's funny about that line - it's incredibly homophobic.

Whoever made this game has some serious balls. Using a homophobic MC in a game in 2012 is pretty risky.
#19helldewPosted 10/6/2012 10:06:56 PM

its not the fact that its homophoic that IMO i think people find funny. its more the fact that estelle got some unexpected competision and that hes a grown ass man going after her teenager fantasy boyfriend :) i thought it was amusing.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#20kenff6Posted 10/7/2012 10:19:55 AM
gangster4lifeyo posted...

Whoever made this game has some serious balls. Using a homophobic MC in a game in 2012 is pretty risky.

I agree. It's not exactly a funny line....