Is this character permanent?

#1hedgylovePosted 10/3/2012 2:22:52 PM
I'm in Chapter 1, and I was wondering if Scherazard stays in the party the rest of the game. I haven't updated her equipment or orbments yet, and it's getting kind of hard!

---
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#2zinformantPosted 10/3/2012 2:28:15 PM
Not in the sense you're thinking...for each chapter, you will get a new character or characters. However, for the end of the game, you do get everyone available again. That said, do make the effort to unlock her Orbment slots and whatnot because it will not be wasted sepith.

If by 'hard' you mean you're short on sepith, then you can either live with unopened slots--I did fine with minimally opened ones for half of the game--or you can do some farming. Others will go on about shiny pom farming, but it's an ill-advised waste of your time, in my opinion. You'll encounter one eventually and reap the benefits.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#3hedgylove(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 2:38:31 PM
zinformant posted...
Not in the sense you're thinking...for each chapter, you will get a new character or characters. However, for the end of the game, you do get everyone available again. That said, do make the effort to unlock her Orbment slots and whatnot because it will not be wasted sepith.

If by 'hard' you mean you're short on sepith, then you can either live with unopened slots--I did fine with minimally opened ones for half of the game--or you can do some farming. Others will go on about shiny pom farming, but it's an ill-advised waste of your time, in my opinion. You'll encounter one eventually and reap the benefits.

So she'll leave after Chapter 1?

And yeah, sepith isn't the issue, I just don't want to spend it on her if she's leaving. Joshua and Estelle already have theirs all unlocked. I've found shiny poms, but I've never been able to kill them in time.
---
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#4randomweirdoPosted 10/3/2012 3:19:56 PM
Upgrading her equipment is a good idea if you have the mira to spare. The game automatically unequips stuff from the people who leave your party so you won't lose it and can always sell later if you don't need it. But overall the only people in this game who will always be in your party are Joshua and Estelle.

She won't be leaving until the very beginning of the next chapter. So yeah, you do want her able to hold her own in a fight.
#5AlltraPosted 10/3/2012 4:02:18 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/933329-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky/58704415

Upgrading characters won't matter a lick after you read that topic.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#6VeghEstherPosted 10/3/2012 4:11:55 PM(edited)
Which in turn is worth it but what isn't worth it is NOT unlocking the slots ASAP as in any slots still unlocked get unlocked automatically for the final dungeon.

But if you wait until the slots get unlocked automatically then all PC's will IMHO be all worthless to use in battle if you don't have the stats/spells to back them up even on "easy" mode.

Hence before she temporarily joins IN the prologue I shinging Pom farmed for 14 + leveled and unlocked ALL 6 of Estelle and Joshua's slots.
#7hedgylove(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 8:38:16 PM
Thanks, that clears everything up for me!
---
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#8kernPosted 10/4/2012 5:07:31 AM
Mira isn't too much of a concern in the game; if you do the sidequests you should easily have enough mira to upgrade everyone's equipment in each chapter.
---
Cincinnati Bengals: 3-1
#9VeghEstherPosted 10/4/2012 9:05:52 AM
Correct just make sure it remove a temporary party members weapon before they leave to sell it since IIRC the game over removes their armors accessories and quartz's when they leave but doesn't remove their weapons at all.

But even when doing a 100% BP run eventually weapons etc will start to cost 10,000 EACH and even 100,000 mira isn't enough to upgrade 4 PC's to buy those weapons/armors at all.

Heck even in the later games like Zero/Ao No Kiseki I had to farm enough fish and took 9999 sephiths x7 elements and reduced the 9999 x7 to 6000 just to buy all those weapons/armors that late in game.
#10AlltraPosted 10/4/2012 3:49:16 PM(edited)
Mira is of no concern in this game once you reach Ravennue Village in Chapter 1 and acquire the Apple Ice Cream Recipe. Once you do that you can manufacture Mira like a Mint.

Selling your junk is completely unnecessary.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.