Legend of Heroes Art Books coming to North America This Fall (link inside)

#121_21Posted 6/24/2013 12:06:42 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/24/the-legend-of-heroes-art-books-coming-to-north-america-this-fall/

I'm not sure how I should feel about this. The fact that we're getting something LoH related or the fact that the art books feature games that have yet to show up here for a really long time.
---
Currently playing:
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, and Black Mesa
#2King_RevisPosted 6/24/2013 12:25:41 PM
Enrages me because I bought the Japanese ones a while back and now I have to buy these English copies because I cannot read Japanese.
---
There is nothing wrong with a man liking yaoi except with everything that is wrong with it, and there is nothing wrong with it!
#3HarvestrOfSoulsPosted 6/24/2013 12:29:07 PM
Guaranteed purchase.

I friggin love Udon.
---
PSN ID: Berselius / XBOX LIVE ID: HarvestrOfSouls
I am a huge JRPG fan so feel free to add me, thou like-minded individuals.
#4GurudaPosted 6/24/2013 12:41:38 PM
Definitely excited Kiseki is getting more love. I figure the massive potential spoilers are slightly offset by the fact that nobody purchasing the books should be surprised considering that they're about five games (the Crossbell-centric cover art being a bit of a giveaway). The OVA marketing is pretty deceptive (or you could be charitable and just assume Sentai had morons involved in the marketing of the thing) but Udon has basically said straight up to expect coverage of unlocalized games.
#5VeghEstherPosted 6/24/2013 2:11:42 PM
But IMHO its silly to make art books if they cover SC onwards since the books tend to spoil the games themselves.
#6PrimePikachuPosted 6/24/2013 2:53:45 PM(edited)
Why do you care about spoilers, Vegh?

You already skip all the text.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JljG9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wFLPz.jpg
#7GurudaPosted 6/24/2013 3:11:29 PM
Heck, as minimal as the text in the books is, if he were to read it Vegh might actually learn something like, oh, the names of most of the characters. You can't button-mash your way through a book.

Another question would be: Why do you care what might happen to other people when you already post plot spoilers and woefully bad advice that nobody wants?
#8zinformantPosted 6/24/2013 3:11:51 PM
There's no spoiler issue here because anyone concerned about spoilers know it goes without saying. I'm conflicted because this is something I should support and would probably enjoy flipping through a few times over, but I've never shelled out for an art book before. What do you do with it? It's not your standard coffee table book. I'd like to think the best art is all at our fingertips with a few quick searches, maybe throwing Falcom Collections into the mix.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Don't reboot PCs that you cannot access.
#9GurudaPosted 6/24/2013 3:27:01 PM
I put them on my bookshelf.. ;-)

I'm thinking of doing a spoiler-free summary of the contents later tonight, to quantify things for anyone who's curious. For availability, some of the art is certainly easy to find online (or in other books not up for translation) but these two put most of it in one place and nicely organize it. There's also a fair bit that's exclusive to the books.
#10zinformantPosted 6/24/2013 4:12:06 PM
That would be appreciated. If there's anything particularly noteworthy contained, could you drop that in spoiler tags?
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Don't reboot PCs that you cannot access.