Legend of Heroes Art Books coming to North America This Fall (link inside)

#31helldewPosted 6/26/2013 12:51:48 AM
21_21 posted...
Why are you bringing up Atlus, though? Is it because they are also another company that works on localizing niche games? For that matter we might as well ask NIS America, too, while we're at it. I'm pretty sure Atlus already has their hands full with their current projects in order to invest their time in something even they consider too niche.

Plus, as much as I hate to admit, it's not Atlus's problem that Legend of Heroes is getting a hard time being localized. They saw XSeed handling those responsibilities and they'll let them continue doing it that way.

Actaully thats a good idea i mention atlus cause they sprung to mind first and i havent played all to many N1 games in a while after i bought a handful of them and didnt play to many of them (soul nomad makai kingdoms Phantom brave ETC i got kinda burnt out on the SRPG genre for a while after Disgaea TBH).

the main reason why i mention atlus though is cause atlus doesnt want to risk the localization due to cost. that said if we made a big enough fuss i think people would wonder 2 things A wtf we are talking about giving the game free advertising and B it would definitely spark more interest and get them to at least reconsider it. they dont have to invest into it immediately either but at the same time i would rather not get Ao when japan is on legend of heroes 9 and finished god knows how many games.

i do agree its not atlus`s problem but at the same time Xseeds lack of funds and man power do show in many areas. IE they have announced RF4 for a while now and i know more then a handful of people who are rune factory fans and not a single one of them even know about RF4s announcement.

and at worst we could be unsuccessful. if we were even half successful (say it just gets declined again) people might have heard the name and potential fans could at least give it a look and in case of the PS3 version that would be excellent. if it was successful then well we get games we want faster and falcom games would actually have a chance in hell in the west sales wise.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#32DragonSamuraiPosted 6/26/2013 11:56:16 AM
Perhaps this might be the only way for us to ever learn about the rest of the series at this rate.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#3321_21(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 12:59:29 PM(edited)
helldew posted...
21_21 posted...
Why are you bringing up Atlus, though? Is it because they are also another company that works on localizing niche games? For that matter we might as well ask NIS America, too, while we're at it. I'm pretty sure Atlus already has their hands full with their current projects in order to invest their time in something even they consider too niche.

Plus, as much as I hate to admit, it's not Atlus's problem that Legend of Heroes is getting a hard time being localized. They saw XSeed handling those responsibilities and they'll let them continue doing it that way.

Actaully thats a good idea i mention atlus cause they sprung to mind first and i havent played all to many N1 games in a while after i bought a handful of them and didnt play to many of them (soul nomad makai kingdoms Phantom brave ETC i got kinda burnt out on the SRPG genre for a while after Disgaea TBH).

the main reason why i mention atlus though is cause atlus doesnt want to risk the localization due to cost. that said if we made a big enough fuss i think people would wonder 2 things A wtf we are talking about giving the game free advertising and B it would definitely spark more interest and get them to at least reconsider it. they dont have to invest into it immediately either but at the same time i would rather not get Ao when japan is on legend of heroes 9 and finished god knows how many games.

i do agree its not atlus`s problem but at the same time Xseeds lack of funds and man power do show in many areas. IE they have announced RF4 for a while now and i know more then a handful of people who are rune factory fans and not a single one of them even know about RF4s announcement.

and at worst we could be unsuccessful. if we were even half successful (say it just gets declined again) people might have heard the name and potential fans could at least give it a look and in case of the PS3 version that would be excellent. if it was successful then well we get games we want faster and falcom games would actually have a chance in hell in the west sales wise.

Or we could risk annoying Atlus. Why else were SRW OG games left unlocalized?

But then again, you do have a point. If we somehow popularize a game without even letting Atlus know, they'll know something is up, and maybe they'll jump in. The problem with that is the time investment is too huge for us to even pull it off. And either way, Atlus AFAIK hasn't helped other publishers localize a game. Either they localize it themselves or you look for another company to do so.
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Project X Zone, and Gods Eater Burst
#34vorfeedPosted 6/28/2013 5:26:42 AM
I know I'm two days late on this, but as a reminder, Atlus probably has bigger things to worry about on top of their current projects.

Also, as far as I know, both NIS and Atlus are companies that passed up over the game because of its size and the automatic obligation to localize SC and the 3rd. XSEED was one of them for awhile, as they said that, at the time, they couldn't afford to localize the games.

I suspect that with the partnership with Falcom, they got a better deal on the rights.
---
- Endless History: A Falcom News Site - http://www.esterior.net -
- http://www.sanctuarycrew.com | http://www.eidenyaku.com -
#35helldewPosted 6/29/2013 11:04:59 AM
Yeah your probably right its kinda sad to see this series fall through the cracks but i guess i should be thankful that we even got this game. I am happy that Xseed is giving us the Ys games and Im looking forward to that Zwei translation that is nearing completion.

I really do wonder when SC will come out at this point. considering how much stuff Xseed does have on their plate ATM i wouldn't be surprised if were waiting another couple years (probably at least 2 at this point)

They really need to at least get FC PC/PS3 out here and give the series a chance and see how it rolls. even if SC does take a lot longer to release i dont think they should miss the PS3 window for FC.
---
#36MikeSugsPosted 7/5/2013 12:35:38 PM
That's a lot of money. :x
#3721_21(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:56:52 AM
MikeSugs posted...
That's a lot of money. :x

Better start saving up!
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Project X Zone, and Gods Eater Burst
#38VeghEstherPosted 7/6/2013 2:23:22 PM
Especially if you don't own a PS3 however a PS3 version of FC and SC would have to be localized soon once the PS4 comes out eventually the PS3 itself will become obsolete.
#3921_21(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 3:51:52 PM
VeghEsther posted...
Especially if you don't own a PS3 however a PS3 version of FC and SC would have to be localized soon once the PS4 comes out eventually the PS3 itself will become obsolete.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy8G2TQsL43nRTDS1oDp9h46RoGfGySi7n5phcJCDJ6UIGbcoSWg
---
Currently playing:
#40helldewPosted 7/8/2013 6:24:12 PM
21_21 posted...
VeghEsther posted...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy8G2TQsL43nRTDS1oDp9h46RoGfGySi7n5phcJCDJ6UIGbcoSWg

This^

I feel like vegh was trying to point out the relevence for the books but just forgot to mention that part in his post XD.
---