The only thing worse than waiting forever for Episode 3...

#1SNES_64_DC_XboxPosted 4/15/2012 8:49:16 AM
is that we are (or at least I am) also waiting forever for the Half-Life 2 Mod, BLACK MESA, which for those that don't know, is the complete rebuilding of the original Half-Life, but fully using the SOURCE Engine, and was started when Half-Life: Source disappointed everyone. It has been in the works for 8 years, and was 'going to' come out in 2009, but that never happened. It used to win awards like 'Top Unreleased Mod' but more recently gets 'Vaporware of the Year'.

I think, if Episode 3 took another 2 or 3 years, but Black Mesa came out soon, I would be okay with it. (Of course, being a mod, Valve ain't working on Black Mesa, so the two games' developments are really unrelated...)

Anyways, for an amazingly awesome preview of Black Mesa from about 2008:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGlhgVz5r6E
---
'I can't believe I lost to this SCUM!!!' -Meteo Crusher
#2ZondergrodPosted 4/15/2012 3:45:01 PM
Spending years being trolled by 'Chrono Break' was WAY worse.
#3CrankyCrabPosted 4/15/2012 7:57:20 PM
I remember waiting for Black Mesa back in 2009. I kinda gave up. It looked so promising.
#4El_DustinoPosted 4/16/2012 10:34:27 AM
Man I hope that there is a Half Life remake sometime. I really want to play the original game, but for some reason it gives me a headache too easily; a lot of older FPSes seem to do that too me. Maybe it is because I am playing the PS2 port.
---
Thank's, I'm gonna go butter my pooper with it real good.
#5JimmyFraskaPosted 4/16/2012 11:55:41 AM
One of the developers said at some point last year that it'd come out by 2013. They've all pretty much confirmed that its completed, and they're just perfecting it now.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/569088-dragonworld
Dragonworld - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Social and Roleplay Board
#6Rabid_MexicanPosted 4/16/2012 7:14:31 PM
The saddest thing is that black mesa will probably end up recreating HL1 from sratch with a non-funded, small team faster than Valve can make the next HL installment.

What does that tell you? It tells me that the BM team is freakin' incredible.
---
Intel Core2 Quad @ 2.33Ghz, 4GB DDR2, GeForce GT120
More topics from this board...
Someone please start a rumour.CaioNV234/20 2:38AM