The Gem Slime Thread

#1Power-PantsPosted 1/28/2008 3:51:03 PM

I wrote some stuff on Gem Slime and I thought, well, no point wasting it so I have made the Gem Slime thread (or Gold Slime for you traditionalists) where you can come in droves and worship the monster we call Gem Slime. Anyway, here's what I wrote, any changes are appreciated...

Ummmm... Hi. I'm Power-Pants and today I'm going to talk to you about Gem Slime, a rank X monster in Dargon Quest Monsters: Joker for Nintendo DS.

Gem Slime is a very special monster, one of the best in the game for a large amount of reasons. Here are a few...

1. Metal Body: Metal Body is Gem Slime's trait. It is very useful in battle as any damage done to Gem Slime is thirded, meaning an attack which would normally do 99 damage instead only does 33 damage (I don't if it's 1/3, but that's what I've heard)

2. Stats: Gem Slime has, bar it's hp, the best stats in the game. Maxed naturally Gem Slime's mp, attack, defence, agility AND wisdom all hit 999, making it an ALL ROUND POWERHOUSE!

3. Resistances: Gem Slime, along with it's fellow metal monsters has, instead of a long list of resistances, the resistance Practically Invincible. This means that no spell, no breath, no status damage, no slash (besides metal slash, multislash and mercurial thrust (I think)) can harm it making it extremely useful, especially on wifi

Unluckily, nothing is perfect, and Gem Slime has a few notable flaws...

1. HP: Though it has ultra high stat caps for the rest of it's stats, Gem Slime's hp is something else. Maxing at birth with a pitiful 64 Gem Slime's hp is something to worry about. one hit from a monster in wifi will destroy your Gem Slime, even with 999 defence and metal body. Steps to remedy this are shown later.

2. Hard To Get: Here's a list of monsters you will need to get Gem Slime... x2 King Bubble Slimes x2 King Slimes x2 Metal King Slimes x2 Metal Kaiser Slimes and x2 Gold Golems. Luckily, once you beat the game you will be able to earn a Metal King Slime, a Metal Kaiser Slime and a Grandpa Slime (made out of King Bubble, Metal King, Metal Kaiser and King), which provides you with all the hard ingredients needed for Gem Slime.

3. Skillsets: If you follow the advice later on you'll realise that you will only get to choose one skillset for your Gem Slime, cutting out any options for multi-tasking

SKILLSETS

Here are some ideal skillsets for Gem Slime...

Uber Mage/ Uber Healer: These are the two most useful skillsets for Gem Slime, making it either a healer or a mage

Agility Boost III/ Defence Boost III: Sure, Gem Slime's Defence and Agility max naturally but these two give it an extra 80 hp, vital if you want to survive online. Don't even think about putting Attack Boost III on it, Attack isn't needed and the Attack Boost gives less hp

Uber HP Boost: The must have for Gem Slimes, giving a whopping 150 to Gem Slime's meagre hp stat.

Well, thank you for listening, I hope you enjoyed my speech and will think about acquiring a Gem Slime in the not too distant future.

Goodbye

#2coolestkid6Posted 1/28/2008 4:26:06 PM
i feel like i should post all of the easy ways to get gemsslime but to the admins MAKE THIS A STICKY 1rst post on soon to be sticky power btw u should post how to make it

---
Time goes on, Life goes on,But when our eyes meet then everything in the world seems to stand still.
~dedicated to Breanna My True Love
#3Power-Pants(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2008 5:03:37 PM

Due to popular demand The Gem Slime Thread has decided to release previously unknown information on the creation of a Gem Slime

Gem Slime: (Gold Golem + Gold Golem) + (Grandpa Slime + Grandpa Slime)

Gold Golem: Catch 'em at the shrine on Palaish, 2nd floor OR Dessert Demon + Goodybag

Grandpa Slime: Get one free after seeing 200 monsters OR (Metal King Slime + King Slime) + (Metal Kaiser Slime + King Bubble Slime)

Metal King Slime: Get one free after collecting 100 skills OR catch one at the Metal Menagerie or Tartarus OR (Metal Bubble Slime + Metal Bubble Slime) + (Metal Bulbble Slime + Metal Bubble Slime)

Metal Kaiser Slime: Get one free after collecting 150 skills OR (Metal Slime + Metal Slime) + (Metal Bubble Slime + Metal Slime Knight)

Metal Bubble Slime: Get one free after seeing 100 monsters OR catch one at the Metal Menagerie or Tartarus OR Metal Slime + Metal Slime (There's a Metal Slime in the department store breeding section)

Metal Slime: Catch one at the Metal Menagerie or Fert Isle or Celeste Isle

#4thegreendragon7Posted 1/28/2008 6:14:22 PM
I love gold slime, i had to have two so i could make dracolord also!
---
I'm really glad someone invented pizza, and bikinis, bikinis are coool.
#5Ac3777Posted 1/28/2008 6:15:13 PM
^ Same here :P
---
Bass: ...Gladly! ..Battle is my forte!
#6coolestkid6Posted 1/28/2008 8:32:30 PM
bump admins make this a sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is soooo helpfull
---
Time goes on, Life goes on,But when our eyes meet then everything in the world seems to stand still.
#7Naraku-Posted 1/28/2008 8:40:38 PM
Sorry this isnt sticky worthy since the faqs clearly show all the monsters and how to synth them
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Masahiro_Sakurai&oldid=184443450
#8coolestkid6Posted 1/28/2008 8:46:40 PM
lol in your like rpdiction how many noobs post messages here isntead of looking at the faqs
---
#9coolestkid6Posted 1/28/2008 8:47:05 PM
prediction*
---
#10Emblazing_Sand5Posted 1/28/2008 9:51:17 PM
Boy is it hard to make these guys, im giong to attempt to make two one for my Dracolord and one because it is so godly