Other games like this

#1Printul_NoptiiPosted 7/12/2010 4:02:07 PM

Note this is my opinion and by any means I know that some people will disagree but just take it easy :P

If you liked Penumbra also check out these games

-Scratches Dirctors Cut (nice creepy setting and atmosphere)

-Cryostasis (a slowpaced storydriven nightmare on a derelict russian ship)

-Nosferatu (has its creepy moments just like Penumbra)

-Condemned (not for the faint of heart and very scary)

-System Shock 2 (a true classic among creepy FPS/RPG games dont miss it)

-Bioshock (just like System Shock 2 this game is a masterpiece in every way)

-I have no mouth and I must scream (Very hard to recommend for people who know the short story they will appreciate it)

-Phantasmagoria (a true classic among puzzle adventure games this one is really dark)

#2Razielim423Posted 8/3/2010 4:39:28 PM
I appreciate the list. After I beat penumbra black plague I'm going to check a few of these out. I love horror games.
#3DiviDudePosted 8/5/2010 6:44:27 PM
Clive Barker's Undying is another great horror game, one of those "Best Game No One Played" games, like Penumbra.
#4m4rkocaPosted 8/17/2010 7:26:31 PM

Nice list. Scratches is really worth checking out. I love those games where you enter an unknown place, settle in, only to realize shortly after the nature of horror that haunts the place. And you're not some bad-a$$ guy who knows how to use a firearm. People should make more games that aren't just about pulling the trigger.

#5Chibi KamiPosted 8/27/2010 8:45:37 PM
Call of Cthulhu Dark: Corners of the Earth
Shadow of the Comet
---
God has a plan.
God's plan needs an autistic 6-year-old to look it over and point out the flaws.
#6abyssion1337Posted 9/5/2010 8:34:52 PM
Fatal Frame
Condemned BUT NOT CONDEMNED 2
#7Cactus11Posted 9/6/2010 12:37:56 PM
Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Going to be released in two or three days and the demo is out, fantastic, made by the some people as Penumbra.
---
drointhewind :Now before I start I am not a sexist, I own a wife
#8Fearless_SonPosted 9/30/2010 12:17:04 AM
Earlier today Yahtzee reviewed Amnesia: The Dark Descent for the Zero Punctuation series, in his trademark style. We all know he is a man who tends to hate everything, but he did like this!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2092-Amnesia-The-Dark-Descent
#9Parham66Posted 10/14/2010 8:01:38 AM
Dead Space
House of the Dead(1 & 2)
The Suffering(1 & 2)
Vampire: The Masquarade Bloodlines
Painkiller
Silent Hill(All)
---
For the sake of Role-Playing, EAT THAT ****!!!
#10Sam BotwanPosted 10/30/2010 7:43:52 PM
Thief: The Dark Project

Very atmospheric-type of scary, as the creatures are easy to kill once you figure out how to. Still, the way several were programmed will scare the hell out of you even if it is your third play through.

---
''What you gonna do? TYPE at me?'' - Gamecubesupreme
Bene telemara computer.