The Tales of the World Official FAQ (Please keep bumped) ::SPOILERS::

#51Prince__LaharlPosted 7/22/2007 10:40:33 PMmessage detail
O.O Maybe it's cause I use a Tales character? I'm usually playing with Reid and I only do his Hi-Ougi. Could that affect it?
---
Arche: What kind of woman is your type, Reid?
Reid: Omlettes..... [ToW Radiant Mythology PSP]
#52CiprianoMcDohlPosted 7/22/2007 10:42:45 PMmessage detail
Hmm, I don't know about Reid. I tend not to control the Tales characters, but I watch their TP gauge and they don't lose 100 TP when they execute it =/

I'd have to investigate Reid again, but he's so slow I don't like dragging him along. Maybe he's an exception!
---
"LUE is not being closed. It's been made... special." - CJayC
#53Prince__LaharlPosted 7/22/2007 10:43:48 PMmessage detail
When I start using parties again, I'll check again. Right now I'm busy getting Radiant armors.
---
Arche: What kind of woman is your type, Reid?
Reid: Omlettes..... [ToW Radiant Mythology PSP]
#54flashn00bPosted 7/22/2007 11:04:10 PMmessage detail
what does the luck stat do?
#55hector512Posted 7/23/2007 9:22:15 AMmessage detail
I guess it makes monsters drop more items or drop them more often.
---
La vida es preciosa. Tú eres la vida.
#56CiprianoMcDohlPosted 7/23/2007 2:55:06 PMmessage detail
>>Prince__Laharl:

Just went and did the melee Mystic Artes (because I'll be damned if I'm going to get another mage into Overlimit). This is the cost of the Mystic Artes without factoring in the Arcane Arte (I did many tests at different TP to see if having full or almost none would make a difference).

Infernal Ruin (Warrior) - 1 TP
Death Spiral (Thief) - 1 TP (and some Gald loss of course, maybe you can gain Gald, I never get any)
Dark Blade (Swordsman) - 1 TP
Fire Dragon Rampage (Fighter) - 1 TP
Nine Seals (Ninja) - 1 TP
Shining Bind (Magic Knight) - 1 TP
Astral Rain (Hunter) - 1 TP

Phoenix (Stahn) - 1 TP
Life Discharge (Rutee) - 1 TP
Infernal Suffering (Leon) - 1 TP
Aurora Wall (Reid) - 1 TP
Falcon's Crest (Lloyd) - 1 TP
Shining Bind (Kratos) -1 TP
Radiant Howl (Luke) - 1 TP

The mages are the only ones I don't know for sure right now, but given that all the other classes fall into the 1 TP category I don't see why not.

This was done by me controlling them on Normal Mode, US version. If there would be any TP changes it would occur on Hard or V. Hard if anything.

I was wrong about the 0 TP since whenever they do it I didn't notice a TP change (1 TP difference when your characters have ~400 TP and you aren't using any brightness is kind of hard to notice), but I can confirm those people use 1 TP =/

Also turns out you don't have to hold X for the melee ones, you can simply press it during the Arcane Arte. Although you might want to hold it just for the peace of mind :)
---
#57CiprianoMcDohlPosted 7/23/2007 3:01:51 PMmessage detail
Before anyone mentions it I am aware that Life Discharge is not a melee Mystic Arte, but Rutee is pretty easy to go into Overlimit since I'm used to her moves.
---
#58Doomerang(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2007 3:31:03 PMmessage detail
Radiant Quests in detail, as explained by Andy Richter (and all credit goes to him, obviously):

Following List taken from the FAQ which people apparantly don't want to use. Oh well..

Once you're over level 25, you can recieve the introductory Radiant Quest form Kratos in Ailily. Just keep refreshing the Quest list in Ailliy till you see the one that has the type as "Radiant". Complete that quest, then you can begin getting Radiant Equips

After that (And after turning level 40 or higher, since you can't equip them until then), you can then get ONE piece of Radiant Equip for every Radiant Quest you to. To do a Radiant Quest, you have to keep refreshing the respective town Quest list of the Tales character that gives you the Radiant quest until you see the type as "Radiant" again.

The SAME character gives you ALL the Radiant Parts for one class, so for example if I wanted the Radiant Equips for Swordsman, Stahn will give you all the radiant quest(s) for it, so keep refreshing Doplund's quest list (since that's where he "lives") until you see a Radiant quest that he's posted.

After you get the respective piece of Radiant equip (Mine, for Swordsman anyway, went Sword - Plate - Gauntlets - Greaves - Helm - Shield), then you have gotten all the Radiants for that class.

And like I said before, only ONE Tales character gives ALL the Radiant quests for that particular class. the list from the FAQ is below.

Class Who Where
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warrior . Reid . World Tree
Mage . Genis . D.Corridor
Monk . Raine . Shrine
Thief . Rutee . Magma Valley
Hunter . Nanaly . Forest
Fighter . Senel . Ice Cavern
Bishop . Harold . Ancient Forest
Swordsman . Stahn . Mine
Ninja . Eugene . Ice Cavern
Magic Knight . Woodrow . Magma Valley
---
Nani mo michi ni tatsu koto ga dekinai! Kirikuchi ! Surasshu ! Soshi!te modore! DOOMERANG!
#59decimator182Posted 7/23/2007 3:42:45 PMmessage detail
it says swordsman get their radiant quests from stahn in the mine? so do i go into the mine or the guild?
#60Doomerang(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2007 3:44:09 PMmessage detail
All are gotten as regular quests (so you go to the guild), but they all make you go to the mine to fight.
---
Nani mo michi ni tatsu koto ga dekinai! Kirikuchi ! Surasshu ! Soshi!te modore! DOOMERANG!