getting back to forte in ch.7 ENCORE?

#1gnarwars6661Posted 6/22/2009 8:47:07 PM

just kicked the **** out of count waltz and got raped by the huge dragon

how do i get back to forte so i can backtrack to get the final score piece (from dissapointed note on cabasa bridge)?

a - go to elegy city (no warp other than portal)

b - walk thru mt. rock/coda runes/and warp to baroque-----> 3 days of commuting... but most logical way..

c - i cannot walk thru the entrance beside the huge portal (to elegy) even though it says it will take me to "forte territory" which is exactly where i need to go.....

so do i (B) walk the distance? or can i eventually go thru that entrance (maybe after xylophone tower)??

god damn bull**** 2 playthroughs for all achievements...

#2LonerwolfMPosted 6/22/2009 9:27:02 PM

just kicked the **** out of count waltz and got raped by the huge dragon how do i get back to forte so i can backtrack to get the final score piece (from dissapointed note on cabasa bridge)? a - go to elegy city (no warp other than portal) b - walk thru mt. rock/coda runes/and warp to baroque-----> 3 days of commuting... but most logical way.. c - i cannot walk thru the entrance beside the huge portal (to elegy) even though it says it will take me to "forte territory" which is exactly where i need to go..... so do i (B) walk the distance? or can i eventually go thru that entrance (maybe after xylophone tower)?? god damn bull**** 2 playthroughs for all achievements...

you may not like this awnser but if i am right i have bad news for u if i am wrong it will change how i finish my playthrough but i am fairly certain i am right

I believe u are past the point of no return in that u can only backtrack so far and it is not possible to backtrack to the warp room

The game will not let you take the passage way to Forte territory! The only thing u can do is backltrack down Mt rock back to the coda ruins where u hit the point of no return snag i mentioned. When u teleport back to Coda ruins u will teleport into an enclosed square and cannot get out of it to get back to the beginning of Coda ruins so u can get back to baroqeand use the warp room.

As far as i know u ned to complete all the backtracking before u chase after the prince and serenade into Coda Ruins or at least before u hit the Final Island where the telport circle takes u to the enclosed square. Noe if anyone has ever gotten out of the enclosed squareplease tellme how but otherwhise i am under the belief all sidequests backtracking etc need be completed before the final island of Coda Ruins

#3gnarwars6661(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2009 9:38:05 PM

ive found a score piece guide on gamefaqs that (doesnt give directions or a map/guide) but says that you can backtrack via mt rock/coda ruins all the way back to warp room, im not sure yet where youre getting stuck (im about to try) but yeah this guide says its possible?..

#4gnarwars6661(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2009 9:52:51 PM

k yeah definitely good news

no snag in coda ruins, the way to get out (back to baroque) is to ALWAYS walk south (towards the screen)

if youre on a roof you gotta find a jump off and continue south

dont try to follow a strategy guide in reverse or you probably will get stuck behind some sorta wall

hope this prevents a 3rd playthrough..

#5LonerwolfMPosted 6/22/2009 10:17:54 PM

I hope you are right it will change the way i play my encore runthrough. The point i am talking about is in coda ruins i forget the island name but it should be island 4 or 5 u will see a stone square that u cannot get into yet inside that square there is on eportal and a monster walking in front of it. and u have to continue to the next island via a differrent portal .

Once u get to the final Island i believe it is Island 7 again not remember ing the name right off hand when u get to the final portal u warp backwards inside that stone sqaure on island 4 or 5. Once u are warped into that stone square if u look down there ris no portal underneath u. then u run aroundf a small corner and into the monster fight it and then can use the portal to Cowbell with the fortune teller woman. Now if u warp back out of Cowbell u come back to the stone square and ther is only one portal there if u walk round to where u originally warped in it is only grass there isnt it?

#6KljtPosted 6/23/2009 1:19:53 AM
You CAN indeed back track to the teleporter room. The exit you need to take on the Mountain summit is hard to spot because it is behind you. You move from Mt. Rock to Cowbell Heights to The Cello Tree to To Coda Ruins to the Teleporter room. A lengthy trip yes, but that's why you should take care of everything you need to do before you head back to finish the game.
---
GT: kijt
Number of people confused about my GT and GFAQS name: The Game
#7LonerwolfMPosted 6/23/2009 11:34:54 AM

I correct myself !!

Thats not the point i was confused but thank you :) Out of curiosity i ended up going into my originl game the final save before the ending and backtracked all the way to Baroque. I realize now i was confusing 2 differrent parts of the Coda ruins with each other since it had been awhile since i had played the original run through.

So i see now that unless you miss one of the achievements that are possible to getin the first run through. You dont even have to finish the game on the encore run through to get all the acheivements. which means i can get Claves out of mysterious Union and then back track and use her to finish the side quests and achieements and never have to actually see the ending of the game 2ce.

Thank you to all those who tried to correct my mistake in this and other topics :)