Stupid Stalker

#1JBLforPrezPosted 2/20/2008 7:17:39 PM
I'm pretty new to this game. I have my party of LPAMS up to level 13 except the P and S are level 9. I've made it to the 3rd floor and can't defeat the stalker. I can get around him and get to the room with the wolves inside.

I'm wondering if I need to level up until I can beat the stalker, or if I can proceed and have a better chance against the wolves?

Also, any tips for beating the stalker. I saw that his weakness is fire, but I can only give him about 60-70 damage per round...

Thanks in advance for any help.
---
You better find a pine box 'cuz nobody follows the killer!
#2rubberchickenPosted 2/20/2008 7:35:42 PM
Tip for beating all FOEs in the first few strata:
Make an alchemist with Toxins 1 and Poison 10. At that level poison will cause a flat 255 damage per round, more than anyone else can do at this stage of the game.
---
VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
#3OtakuGameraPosted 2/21/2008 3:26:45 AM
i defeated the stalker at low level (very low BTW) with a fully boosted party of LPMSA (the same like you)

the first round, i immediately used immunize and defender, and then just fight normally until you win... with the immunize and defender stacked up, he can barely go over 2 digit of damage...and if he did, it will only be about 10-20 damage...

oh ya, having a preemptive strike really helps as well hope that helps ^_^

P.S: be prepared to get seriously annoyed by the amount of EXP the stalker gives :P
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#4q 3Posted 2/21/2008 6:47:46 AM
You're not supposed to fight them until later. You can if you want to, but don't waste your time leveling up just to beat them.
#5Super_Captain1Posted 2/21/2008 4:36:21 PM
Only do the poison trick if you don't mind having your alchemist be useless/need to retire later on (though you should probably retire all your chars at 99 and relevel anyway.
---
R.O.B is the devil
Not changing my sig until forever
#6MrPopoBHPosted 2/21/2008 4:45:16 PM
Max level is 70, but your point still holds. Those extra skill points can be huge.
---
No, I wanted orange! It gave me lemon-lime.
#7rubberchickenPosted 2/21/2008 4:48:42 PM
Only do the poison trick if you don't mind having your alchemist be useless/need to retire later on (though you should probably retire all your chars at 99 and relevel anyway.
Not like you can't just rest the alchemist at about the same time that poison outlives its usefulness...
---
VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
#8bubsknechtPosted 2/22/2008 5:42:23 PM
I only put 9 points into Poison before resting my Alchemist.
It already does 243 damage per turn at level 9. Even if you're planning on resting, an extra point for 12 more damage isn't really worth it.
#9TashanValiantPosted 2/23/2008 10:09:09 AM
You can easily get past the stalker. When you enter the 3rd floor continue straight down. It will look like the Stalker will intercept you but he won't. After every 5 steps or so he stays put. When you are opposite the door on the other side of the room go straight to it. Stalker won't touch you. As for the other one. He can only stay on the very top line. Go into the line and wait for him to get closer, go down one, go to the turn, up and over, and he won't touch you.
---
But one has to wonder... do you take your moderations like a man, or are you gonna contest them? - KatThePoet
This is Go Team!
More topics from this board...
Etrian Odyssey Board FAQ V3vorlik292114/21/2013