Created Officer in Empire?

#1Dimebag69Posted 1/10/2008 4:43:40 PM
Is there any way you can use a created officer in Empire Mode?
---
Now Playing:
NHL 08, Forza Motorsport 2, skate.
#2ZarukiPosted 1/10/2008 5:53:38 PM
Now it depends if you just started playing the game (like new save file)

Did you actually start your save file fresh? Then you probably can't get them immediately (other than Divided Land scenario) either by Force Edit select or Hiring (must play through game to get both options available), you'd have to play the game for a while until you beaten Empire Mode once and/or get a Hire Wide policy card. Once you have at least Hire Wide (Hire Local MAY work too) you should be able to find them. As soon as you have Hire Wide, then anytime you play Empire Mode (new game), you can usually get them quite early.

However, you can try Divided Land scenario and you can immediately use your created characters (but having a new file on your memory card, your choices for generals may be quite limited until you start to play Historical Empire scenarios more).

---
"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today." Wimpy
#3Dimebag69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2008 6:05:29 PM
Oh alright, thanks for the help. So far I've just been playing around in Free Mode trying the different fighting styles and special moves etc. So basically what your saying is I can either just play the divided land scenario with my Edit Characters, or beat the game once and then have the ability to hire them?
---
Now Playing:
NHL 08, Forza Motorsport 2, skate.
#4ZarukiPosted 1/10/2008 7:12:47 PM
Well... yeah. If you haven't started Empire Mode yet, it's a good idea to play the Historical Scenario stages (Kawanakajima 1561) and play one of the leaders there (I recommend Ieyasu, Nobunaga, or Nagamasa) so you'll understand the mechanics of the game better before consider using your Edit characters (there's no doubt you can even hire them during first playthrough too) - very beginning of save files doesn't allow much for powerful customization for edit characters; playing -preset- lords gives you that cushion (of having 5-6 officers given to you right off the bat).

---
"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today." Wimpy