Neighborhood Watch Is Hard

#1RedRaven80Posted 1/21/2008 11:04:34 AM
I thought I would do it with ease following the 3 part video on Youtube, but I was wrong. There's one point where 3 striders come out. I killed the one in time then I go back to the sawmill to watch it be blown to shreds by a strider. I did exactly what the kid did. Any tips? Why did they have to add hunters?
---
Quoth The Raven Nevermore
#2turboboostPosted 1/21/2008 11:39:50 AM
Yeah no kidding. The i think i reloaded my saves probably 20 times. The hunters are what make it so hard, as soon as you tose an m-device at a strider those freaking hunters blow it up woth their blue spikes or fletchleeings or whatever its called. In my game there were only 2 chances the striders had of blowing up a building. The saw mill and another building to the east of the saw mill. What i did was defeat a strider as soon as i could (it autosaves everytime you kill a strider), and then just find out which dirrection another strider is coming and reload your save and head that direction. Keep doing this til the end. When striders come from all dirrections just focus on defending the silo because that's the only direction they're all headed. Good luck
---
GamerTag:
Pr0t0TYPEz (Those are Zeros)
#3Grimshot87Posted 1/21/2008 12:45:29 PM
I just ran over the Hunters, take the device off the car and kill the Strider, go back and get another and started the whole process over again. Worked well up till the last push they made, ended up having to gun some of the hunters down at that point.
#4jarjarsmellsPosted 1/21/2008 1:28:40 PM
Yeah I found it easier to just run over the hunters
---
Gamertag: AXE TO THE FACE
#5DarkPhoenix424Posted 1/21/2008 6:09:09 PM
Running over the hunters makes it not too bad. Only the second hunter to come (that goes right for the sawmill) gave me a real challenge. The rest, if I didn't miss ramming the hunters, I was able to take down in plenty of time.

Save before every charge at a hunter, if you miss, re-load. It took a lot of loading, but I got it done without too much of a headache. Seemed simple after the gnome achievement, and it was (oddly) worth more points.

---
Bungie, Bioware, Blizzard, Bethesda
--The four Gods of Gaming-- Runner Up: Black Isle/Obsidian
#6RedRaven80(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2008 9:43:23 PM
One hit from the car to a hunter kills it?
---
Quoth The Raven Nevermore
#7GoldenGamer_07Posted 1/21/2008 9:51:15 PM

If you're going fast enough, yeah.

#8rhinomanPosted 1/21/2008 9:59:24 PM
I beat that achievement on hard difficulty and after realizing I couldn't beat it the first attempt, on the second attempt I only reloaded a few times. I'm not saying I'm good, I'm saying that if I can do it on Hard without too much trouble, anyone should be able to do it on Normal no problem.
---
GT: blindnil
-playing TF2 as soldier
#9SyN_666Posted 1/21/2008 10:37:51 PM
i found it a pretty easy achievement to get
and i done it on hard haha
---
PSN: Plug_N_Die_MOD
XB360GT: Plug N Die MOD
#10akif22Posted 1/22/2008 11:03:14 AM

it takes a while

i had to save and reload so much

there are two striders in particular that you need to be careful of .. they move faster than the others, and you have to take them out ASAP

run over as many hunters as you can, and save after every strider kill .. then it might be best to wait around to see where the next strider will arrive from, load your old save, and get there in advance so you're ready for it

this is what i did when the three came at once

some destroy specific buildings, so it's worth finding out where they're heading

e.g. the first faster stalker attacks the sawmill