Funny/awesome stories

#1The Silver NoblePosted 3/29/2012 12:12:27 PM
Just another general topic, to post funny/awesome stories.

One I like was from my roommate. He was Soldier on 2Fort and the other Engie had set up a gun on the bridge. My friend is standing around his front door, trying to edge out the sentry... when an enemy Soldier ambles into his shot completely by accident and gets killed. By the rest of the time had spotted him and he got killed.

Next life, he tries again, this time from the battlements. He gets his shot lined up just right and fires.... only to have that same damn Soldier rocketjump into his path and get killed again. It was literally like something out of a movie- a cop or something taking a bullet to save an innocent victim. Except it was a sentry. Felt like it should have been in slow motion. Cracked me up.
---
GT: TheSilverNoble
Every now and then, a man's mind is stretched by a new idea or sensation and never returns to its former dimensions. (Excuse the typos)
#2chuck_in_hellPosted 4/2/2012 2:50:05 AM
In no way was this "story" Funny or awesome, you and people like you are the problem with this game these days!
#3ieatsoap6Posted 4/2/2012 7:31:26 AM
I dunno. I thought it was really funny. Noble, your roommate sounds like an awesome person and a really excellent TF2er!
#4The Silver Noble(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2012 10:44:56 AM
chuck_in_hell posted...
In no way was this "story" Funny or awesome, you and people like you are the problem with this game these days!

I'm sorry. Please, show me the error of my ways.
---
GT: TheSilverNoble
Every now and then, a man's mind is stretched by a new idea or sensation and never returns to its former dimensions. (Excuse the typos)
#5Edwen0Posted 4/3/2012 7:19:43 AM
I had something like that happen to me once. I was playing heavy on dustbowl 1 walking to the second point with my fists out punching air when a soldier rocket jumps right in front of me right as I throw a crit punch.

I also remember playing in an all medic game where the host was playing engie. Me and another medic uberchained each other to take out the sentry and capped the point the host raged quit afterward.
---
If I had a reason for everything I did, I'd be crazy.
#6ieatsoap6Posted 4/3/2012 1:43:09 PM
To contribute, my roommate had a couple pretty excellent encounters on gravel pit.

First, one time while he was defending B as a soldier, a scout ran in, fired a couple shots, and then ran out the front having been damaged a bit. My roommate figured he was going for the health on the side opposite the BLU spawn, so he leans out the window and fires a rocket. He timed it perfectly and scattered the scout across the landscape.

Second, there was a spy, Camlee(8?), playing defense, while my roommate soldiered on offense. After a couple excellent backstabs, my roommate was rather paranoid. At one point, he's standing in one of the little nooks on B, capping it. He looks to his left and sees nothing. He then looks forward, towards the entrance, and then looks back to his left, just in time to see Camlee backstab him.

Camlee, if you're reading this, that was impressive.
#7Sudsmcduff96Posted 4/6/2012 10:37:04 AM
Just last night, I joined a 2Fort match, and our entire spawn was blocked off due to 5 sentry guns outside.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9064-3896
Xbox Live: Sudsmcduff96