Whatever happened to the update that was promised?

#1sethmymanPosted 4/10/2012 1:34:39 PM

Remember back in 2008? Valve promised to have a huge update that included new maps and gametypes?
Right now we just have 2Fort, Dustbowl, Gravel Pit, Granary, Well, and Hydro.
It would be great if we had a selection of more weapons too, Like the new Spy weapons,, and the Demomans StickyJumper. (not a fan of hats)
True, it is harder to update games for consoles. But oh well, its a hope. 

#2The Silver NoblePosted 4/11/2012 12:50:59 PM
I've been hearing rumors for years about why they can't update this game. Some say the update is too big. Others say Valve just won't do it. Still others say Valve wants to do it for free and Microsoft wants to charge for it. I don't really know the truth, but I just got a feeling that it ain't coming.

I'd love to have some new maps though. I don't really care too much about weapons. I've read about how the PC version is now and it just seems so muddled. And obviously I'd like for all the glitches to be fixed.
---
GT: TheSilverNoble
Every now and then, a man's mind is stretched by a new idea or sensation and never returns to its former dimensions. (Excuse the typos)
#3Shotgunnova(Moderator)Posted 4/11/2012 1:35:28 PM
Yeah, if they haven't added new maps or DLC since '07, it probably isn't coming, sad as it is to admit. I would settle just for a patch to fix skywalking, building outside/under the map, etc.
---
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
#4Sudsmcduff96Posted 4/20/2012 6:54:15 PM
Microsoft rejected the "update" as Valve was planning on releasing it for free, while Microsoft wanted to place a price tag on it. Every game company that releases major components for their game over Xbox Live are forced to charge for the downloadable content.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9064-3896
Xbox Live: Sudsmcduff96
#5EluxPosted 4/21/2012 2:40:36 PM
Coincidentally enough I got a prompt to download an update when I just started the game, I don't remember deleting the cache but I could be wrong.
---
When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
#6Carribean_CoolPosted 4/29/2012 8:34:33 AM
Ugh, ****ing microsoft. But hey, it's totally fine that we got a new MP pack for Mass Effect 3 >_>
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#7ClunyPosted 5/8/2012 10:09:19 PM
Hey now, don't blame valve, they're far too busy making hats for the PC version to worry about us lowly console players.

Maybe if the hideous blob that is EA absorbs them they'll at least make half-life 3 finally. You'll just have to pay $10 dollars for DLC to use the crowbar.
---
Charlie don't surf.
^Fact