I picked this game up recently for 7.99

#1red255Posted 8/27/2011 3:21:17 AM
I'm somewhat confused in that I feel I could do something wrong.

Does the core repair automatically with the robot center or do I have to set it for that?

Should I be leveling the mage girls' team more? I've been having her defend, and paid for some upgrades, so she can do alright using a freeze circle spell, but I was waiting for a freeze magic up shrine before using her. She's like level 11 vs Toma's 21 or so.

Whereas Toma is more of a standard Tank.

the centaur gave me a curved sword with +20 Attack +40 STR or something, and I got some ninja armor with +40 HP +20 HP, a 20% life leech ring and a 10% to mithril bracelet or something.

My hat and shield aren't too impressive yet. all are +6. he seems to do fine on the main path but off it, he has trouble despite doing like 750 damage a strike. and can clear a rank 1 random dungeon.

I upgraded the core so it has level 2 meaning 2 green dots, does that mean after the green bar goes I have a second bar or its Game over?
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#2red255(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 2:43:27 AM
Well, I upgraded my training facility, technically its level 4 but I haven't gotten more than 2 floors down into level 3 (well 11 and 12 I guess.)

my magic resistance on Toma gets me hurt alot since they got like multiple shot so If I'm meleeing them and they cast I get hit for 3x80 by everyone in the group.

I hit level 35 or so on him, Cyrille got some better gear. apparently I will use inferno, because I got the fire magic up skills so it works. shes got a nice book with 4 spells now and does well, I think she hit 28 on the last defensive battle.

since I've been getting a cure metal after some random battles and not taking much damage...Its not looking like much of an issue, but when does the repair bay come into play? and the radar?

Well, yeah. Figured out the core HP thing by allowing it to degrade one level.

Got annoyed by the 'cutscene loss' screaming DAMN YOU CUTSCENE, if I wasn't trapped by this noob cutscene making me get pwned I'd wipe the floor with you.

So yeah, what spells should I be getting for Cyrellia, she's great at cleaning up mooks with damage armors like inferno and frost, but nothing else seems to be massively damaging or I can run out of mana too quick using it.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#3DivineFistOkaPosted 8/28/2011 9:55:35 PM
Don't worry too much about those skills, later on, you'll be swimming in Mythril and can shore up weaknesses.

As for spells,usage varies based on what youre fighting. Fire is unquestionably the cheapest, and spamming that fireball goes a long way.

Higher MP regen helps with other spells too.

Holy is a great area killer, but its uncommon and expensive, ice spikes are also good.
---
If a newspaper prints a bad review of the Green Lantern movie, is it considered yellow journalism?
#4red255(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 5:24:26 AM
what about core metals?

the guide I glanced at mentioned you get a spare core metal from the guy for 10,000 Gold every 5 timer battles which happen every 20 minutes, spent idling on a map.

should I farm these? Do they stop becoming available after a certain point?
---
#5DivineFistOkaPosted 8/29/2011 5:58:42 AM
Not sure if they eventually stop, as I haven't beat the game yet, but no, don't farm them. There are lots of core metals tucked around that will more then supply you. You will get those fights anyway as you loot other places.

Cure metals can be farmed in dimension X, if that helps, which it will if you farm timed fights later on.
---
If a newspaper prints a bad review of the Green Lantern movie, is it considered yellow journalism?
#6red255(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 9:59:16 AM
Ok, cool, I got Cyrille a volcanon tome instead of her tri-element tome. Its level 3 inferno drains her tank of mana, but it BURNS, and as long as she can leech the mana back its no real issue.

Toma got a +30 attack Counter sword I guess.

Probably not ideal but I was getting sick of his dwarf ax.
---
#7red255(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 5:26:43 PM
Getting my ass kicked vs the undead/demons on floor 31?

Floor 26 is a great place to level up just give your mage girl a crossbow and orc slayer and go crazy, getting to level 70 or so.

But I am trying for an aerial saber on floor 31.

Gonna try one more time, its pretty touch and go with a 2 hander.
---
#8DivineFistOkaPosted 8/29/2011 8:39:07 PM
Have you done the vampire/undead/demon arena? Has slaying skills for those types, offering big damage bonuses.

Not familiar with aerial saber, but I didn't ditch my +10 dwarf axe till chapter 12... bloody good charge attacks!

Try getting health leech on a ring/bracelet for Toma. Helps him immensely, especially with large groups.

Haven't been that deep in training dungeon, but Toma can get a Dragon Saber with Inferno L3, which helps immensely with training ground, as well as acertain optional boss...
---
#9red255(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2011 9:20:35 PM
at that time no I hadn't. wasn't in that chapter yet.

I have since gotten thru all my darkness spears. 14 of apparently 21 arenas.

the Aerial sword I got has 100 damage to demons, its a fast sword with 2.8 reach, that has a combo of 9. also a second special move I guess.

so you stick on stuff like Combo up secret arts, and let it go crazy. the special it has is deadly, it makes you hit stuff alot, and the MP special turns you into a whirling dervish.

It got me thru most of the training dungeon, they start dropping on 31,

I got lots of things maxed. trying to locate all of avalon ATM.

I dived to I think floor 38 of the training dungeon, which got me to level 110 or so.

which was as far as I could easily go.
---
#10DivineFistOkaPosted 8/31/2011 5:29:12 AM
Not bad, I'm still missing one piece, left leg, I think.

Have you fought Garyu and the Giant boar yet? Both have a nice reward...
(And I'm about 30 levels your junior... *Sad*)
---