I picked this game up recently for 7.99

#11red255(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 5:43:47 AM
I took out Garyuu when I hit level 60.

I took out the giant boar well before that, but he only dropped a core metal.

Generally I would advise against a Life leech approach, it works nicely against things that can be drained I guess, but I would RATHER a +80-100%HP mod and have Fauklin heal me.

Faulkin has a few settings for heal, one of the early one has him cast healing aura or something which gets you about 20% HP restore each time, and unless things are hitting you for more than a third of your life its fine, (or he gets lost, stunned or petrified or dead)

and I got 18 Healing waters so its not like I can't handle the HP restore myself.

the last piece I had to find was apparently in the underground exit of the fortress, really easy to get to, you just go down to exit 4 leave via the south and theres a piece there.

found 2 ancient arena's i couldn't get in.

defense doesn't seem to be helping much so I'll switch back to HP secret arts. I'll get him to level 110 and get his absolute defense skill.

but yeah, get to the level with those undead, I think the level they are on is 26 actually, bottom one on the second list. if you can get one its MUCH better than other things.

with good mods it would be the best in the game.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#12red255(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 9:15:24 PM
cleared all the ancient arenas except the new game+ one

got level 152, or something, replaced my aerial blade with +50% Attack. can't remember it if has a second mod.

next level of the dungeon I can't damage the monster and he can pretty much oneshot me (golem, again no leech.) lvl 46 I guess

Yeah I'll probably get Master guard and absolute defense maxed at level 10 and level 3 and then run past them.

Hmm, only 50 floors right? (10 ranks, 5 floors each?)

Yeah sure why not, I'll try to jog past them.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#13red255(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 5:22:22 AM
well I made it to floor 50 (Depths)

the final boss of the training dungeon is apparently a room full of dragons.

the mooks die easily enough, but there are 4 dragons (winged, darkness, scaled, dragons) I think so I'm getting 4 maxed killers against them, and they can basically one shot me and like to knock me down.

Probably could use some light charms to get thru it, fairy dust prevents knockdown?

the one I was picking on was killing my ass but was only killing me to 90% HP down with one attack

got level 163 or so, HP to level 9 maxed, Absolute defense to level 3 maxed, working on Master armor level 10. Weapon attack is at 9. Weapons are upgraded to level 11.

sword is a aerial blade with +50% attack.

according to the guide weapon attack 10 is post game stuff.

alternatively I could try a 2H sword.

Looking at a youtube guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJPLb-zC_54

Guy has better gear than me. So maybe I need critical guard and life leech. a darkness sword and a decent combo ring would be great.

I can't help but think he cheated his items in.

Guess I'll level up the mage and use that to get some mana to people.
---
#14DivineFistOkaPosted 9/1/2011 8:40:16 AM
You're (way) further then me now, Storywise I need to take the Imperial jewel and talk to the Emperor at the capital...

Found your cavern, but no Avalon piece unless it's buried in the Legion arena. If the piece is in those caverns, it is the one I'm missing.

Try using Cyrilles spells and a run and gun strategy on those dragons. If they can't hit you, you can't be one hit. She also probably has better elemental defense then Toma... Just got 2 levels off 8 enemies that way.
---
If a newspaper prints a bad review of the Green Lantern movie, is it considered yellow journalism?
#15red255(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 9:20:44 AM
I contemplated kiting them with cyrille and a crossbow yes.

but she's a much lower level and would likely be doing pathetic damage. and I don't really have a decent book for her yet.

The dragons have absurd HP, I can use a secret art to add life leech to my blade If I can avoid getting knocked down by maxing the appropriate skill....

(Is it critical or knockback?) I might be able to handle the area with that.

alternatively fairy dusts.
---
#16red255(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 12:29:02 PM
Unfortunatly I didn't have any fairy dusts, so I used 2 light charms.

If the dragons didn't stun me (max stun resist?) I would have been likely able to beat them simply chugging heal potions.

But its cool, I made level 170 and cleared the damn training dungeon.

still don't have a decent darkness sword.
---
#17Kamatari47Posted 9/2/2011 11:37:26 AM
Looking at a youtube guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJPLb-zC_54

Guy has better gear than me. So maybe I need critical guard and life leech. a darkness sword and a decent combo ring would be great.

I can't help but think he cheated his items in.

Let's see, I wrote both the guide you're reading and made the video you're linking, and I take offense at the absurd insinuation that I "cheated [my] items in." Leaving aside the fact that I do not use cheats in my gaming as a matter of principle, all you had to do was look at the end of the video -- why in the world would I need to play the game for ~190 hours if all I was going to do was use cheats? In fact, if I were the type to use cheats, I would likely not have played the game intensively enough to discover everything you've been reading -- I'd just have "cheated" my way to a satisfying conclusion and not have bothered finding out why things work the way they do.

Heck, the gear Toma was sporting in the video isn't even close to perfect -- his Darkness Sword has a crappy mod (Air Buster) in the first slot, and the Chaos Moebius only has an Attack +50 mod, not the ideal Attack +100 mod. If I were the type to resort to cheats, why would I stick with such imperfect gear? Wouldn't I "cheat in" some +18 gear with perfect mods (like Attack +100 & Chain Attack+ for the Darkness Sword and Attack +100/Attack +50 for the Chaos Moebius) instead?

Note that my guide contained detailed instructions for how to duplicate the feats captured in my videos -- all you have to do to get ahead of the game's power curve like I did is to explore ahead like I suggest and display some patience. There's no getting around the fact that a lot of grinding is necessary if you want gear with great mods, and I simply grinded a lot (albeit with as efficient a method as I could devise) in order to get my equipment, not resort to cheats.
---
The magic words are squeamish ossifrage.
#18red255(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2011 9:15:05 PM
Not sure why you would spend 160+ hours there though.

I got cyrille up, and gave her a decent enough bow, and above S speed, and she can kite the dragons pretty easily. Yeah if she gets hit she would die, but she won't get hit. because shes not melee.

But go ahead and take offense. I farmed the areas 41-50 a few times, didn't get anything remotely that decent. Well I suppose I got a few Attack +100 Str +100 Taros swords. but those suck

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of a chapter 6 beating of the training dungeon. but if you want to do that, you should probably use cyrille for the final battle.
---
#19red255(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2011 5:06:37 AM
I completed the final bonus dungeon with my aerial blade +50 Damage +18 enchantment

Guessing the darkness sword is better because of the petrify effect, but the aerial blade has better range and knockback so it was a pretty one sided final fight.

Toma had then in knockback lock as I just hit them with a continuous chain of charged attacks. they went around the outer circle as I kept knocking them back, and doing those quick charged attacks that cost MP, I got off 4 with the aerial blade each time, taking like two quick charges runs to bring down each

looking at a youtube video, the aerial blade is a better weapon for the final bonus dungeon fight. at least for taking down Toma, and Cyrille clones

because it has knockback lock.
---