How do I do Magic Combo XXXY ?

#1Kato3211Posted 9/2/2008 11:46:29 AM
Yeah my friend keeps doing it and he tried to explain it but I just can't seem to get it down.
---
Gt: Green II Ranger
GO GREEN RANGER GO
#2Voltron_ForcePosted 9/2/2008 11:47:11 AM
what level are you?
---
XBL: V0ltron F0RCE~dyn
Teletubbies keep it gully. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAjnnwkJgLs
#3Minty646Posted 9/2/2008 11:48:21 AM
Yeah it's kinda hard, i mean first you have to pres x, then x again, and x again, and finally Y. I was tryiing to do it the other day but i just couldnt remember the order so i jsut wrote it down on a post it so i could refer to it when needed.
#4Kato3211(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2008 11:49:11 AM
The character I'm trying to do it with is mid 20s with max magic. Its my first character to add any magic points into so that's probably why.
---
Gt: Green II Ranger
GO GREEN RANGER GO
#5HotbedbriePosted 9/2/2008 11:52:35 AM
Some games, like MK2, you have to just jam all the buttons as fast as is humanly possible. This is not the case in CC, where the character will not remember previous inputs, but rather will simply do whatever you're telling him to do at the time as long as he's not in the middle of something else.

The magic combo is more like X-X-X, brief pause, Y. Just hit X until you've counted three hits, then start hitting Y. Ta DA!

FYI - there is an XXXYY combo which unlocks at 50, but until that time XXXYYY is also a viable combo.
#6SaintPatrickPosted 9/2/2008 11:52:59 AM
I think for the magic combo, it becomes available as your magic levels up. Every blue bar on the stat screen indicates a new skill, and either the second or 3rd one is the "magic slash", I think.

If anyone can confirm this that'd be awesome. I know the first one is projectile and the last one is magic jump.
---
I would have liked to insult you, but with your intelligence you wouldn't get offended. - MegaZeroSaber
#7ShadowAspectPosted 9/2/2008 11:57:24 AM
I agree that the magic combo attack is based on if you're at a certain point on your magic stat. I believe it's the 3rd sparkly bar marker (cause outside of a stronger basic attack I've seen no other new skills). I do not believe that it's based on what level you are like the normal attacks.

As for how to do it, you have to make sure that you're not in range to grab your opponent, but close enough to hit them....and it does a short range splash damage as well (using the blue knight, I've frozen 3 guys charging at me from straight ahead with this).
#8Syao4Posted 9/2/2008 12:00:43 PM
What I like about this attack is that with other characters that has no elements(Arrow magic,saw magic,etc..)it just does a lot of damage.
I can do 200 damage with my Industrialist,so I guess it's better than magic attack.
#9ThugglesPosted 9/2/2008 12:25:09 PM
Mash X a few dozen times until you see your character attack three times, then mash Y a few times.
---
Before I go, I just wanna tell you; you were fantastic, absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I!
#10space_camelPosted 9/2/2008 12:26:56 PM
I think you just get it at level 35 or something (according to the faq/ walk-through thingy).
---
| |''''''' ..........................................................\_/
| |,,,,,./-\ /\/\ E |_S..F R O /\/\..S P /-\ C E..O