IGN responds about Chainsaw and "Secret Characters"

#1x8BitxPosted 9/3/2008 8:45:12 PM
The origin of the chainsaw as well as the King, Necromancer, and Wizard, and open visor Grey Knight comes from this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAf7YwJYiqs
skip to 4:05 and you'll see the chainsaw and characters

IGN's Hillary Goldstein who was talking in the video has now said "I must have been playing an earlier version of the game." This was in IGN's three red lights podcast when answering reader mail. So... there you have it. They were taken out of the game for one reason or another, most likely being dlc plans.
#2_Elite_Bushido_Posted 9/3/2008 8:46:47 PM
like ive been sayin to everyone that has some dumb ass idea on how to get the chainsaw or w/e
ITLL BE DLC!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpYWoNeHsbQ THE skate.video "Skate Trek".
NOW WATCHABLE IN HIGH QUALITY
XBL GT: PmpDaddyWiteBoy
#3RaichiroPosted 9/3/2008 8:49:04 PM
=(
---
wHY iS mY charcater so not bald??? all I XCAN Make is this bald wit hair on side craap. i want BALD - goddomspl0icer, on Oblivion characters
#4HM FarmerPosted 9/3/2008 9:00:39 PM
So Fulp (friggin' maker of the game) has been lying to us and telling us that it's in the game somewhere when it's really not?

I'll trust him over some IGN lady.
#5MalfuntcionJUNCITOMPosted 9/3/2008 9:03:20 PM
Oh no, it's in the game.

It just needs to be unlocked with a 11kb DLC download.
---
It's not God I hate, it's his annoying little fan club I can't stand!
#6x8Bitx(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2008 9:03:54 PM
lol actually its a guy. I think he sounds like david spade. But Fulp never said that, there was some heresay that somebodys friend asked dan paladin about them and dan said those are secrets that will be revealed later. So that doesn't tell you much either way and maybe he didn't even know they were removed.
#7BlessedWindPosted 9/3/2008 9:05:22 PM
lol, 11kb chainsaw unlock..

if thats true, then shame on them..

its already there, why lock it?
#8MalfuntcionJUNCITOMPosted 9/3/2008 9:06:01 PM
Welcome to the business practices of Xbox Live.
---
It's not God I hate, it's his annoying little fan club I can't stand!
#9kingman_73Posted 9/3/2008 9:23:43 PM
^^ Hillary Goldstein is a guy....

anywho, with the amount of time it's taken so far, I'm starting to lose faith that these items are in the game. I mean, yeah, it's only been a week, but these days with people helping each other in forums, that's a long time.

oh well, I'd buy DLC for this game if it was reasonably priced. If it was like 500 pts for 3 characters or something, I'd probably pass.

---
If less is more, just think how much more MORE would be.
#10Patrick_KenziePosted 9/3/2008 9:28:43 PM
Yall are assuming they are going to charge for the weapons and characters.

For all you know they are working on more levels and characters that will be included. Stop acting like you know whats going to happen, or that Behemoth did this to make money.
---
Gamertag- JimmyXC16
Games playing: FFTA2, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Burnout: Paradise City, CASTLE CRASHERS!