Can anyone offer any tips on beating insane mode?

#1IronspyPosted 1/14/2009 5:38:16 AM
How many people are necessary?

About what point should I expect to get stuck and level to 99?

About how long/how many tries should it take?

Thanks.
#2MotokoStarwindPosted 1/14/2009 5:42:09 AM

Four.

You should really have maxed stats to begin with. I'd say that you should level up as soon as possible, as it'll be necessary later on, regardless. Troll boss is near impossible, alone, and the Corn boss is where it starts getting a bit ridiculous- even for level 78+.

A loooooong time.
---
A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.
#3L0ZPosted 1/14/2009 6:36:05 AM
Have someone use the King. he can self heal
#4Sub_SmokePosted 1/14/2009 8:17:02 PM
Yea I have not beat the game with my king yet or really leveled him that much but I can tell you that his healing magic will come handy when it is time for insane mode.

An ideal team based on what I know for insane mode would be

1. Blue Knight (freezing Enemies)
2. The King (Healer)
3. Industrialist (Clearly has the best magic for bosses and it is decent on normal enemies)
4. Orange Knight (Some pretty good damaging magic)
OR
4. Green Knight (With the king as a healer and the green knight posioning enemies the game should feel like a breeze for the Blue knight and the industrialist.)
#5IAmNotThePopePosted 1/14/2009 8:26:27 PM
You don't need to start at level 99; you'll get there well before the game is over anyway. That said, certain parts of the game are a lot easier if you do start at high levels.

The places I had trouble (that is, had to try more than two or three times) are Thieves' Forest, Lava World, the Marsh, and the Necromancer (actually I'm still stuck there).

In Thieves' Forest, not only are the thieves nasty archers, but at the end you have that troll boss and her 900 million trolls. If you ever touch the ground and get hit, you'll be instantly swarmed and killed unless you can keep the number of trolls down.

Lava World is tough because the enemies spam their fire magic, often hitting you as you get up. Also, the fight with the skeletons is pretty rough as well, since there are so many of them and they deal a ton of damage.

Marsh is difficult because of the fight with the skeletons, especially the beefy ones. Although the Snakeys take forever to kill and are also very dangerous.

Necromancer... well, it's hard to see in there anyway, and with all the enemies (especially the beefy ones) it's just total chaos.
---
GamerTag = SithCats
#6Ironspy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2009 5:37:24 AM
Well, let's say I only have three people who are committed to beating this game on Insane.

Is it possible?

So far, my team has mastered the Troll Mum in Thieves' Forest to the point where we can gain a couple of levels without really even using any potions. Easy leveling. I heard that the bat boss was easier to level on but for the life of me I can't tell why.

My team, presently, consists of an orange knight, a blue knight, and a red knight. Blue knight just hit 80, and my red knight is around 70 but gains four levels every time we fight the Troll Mum.

Our real trouble has been with Industrial Castle. We managed Lava World without too much difficulty, mostly because it was better than doing Industrial Castle, which we still haven't beaten.

Any more tips would be greatly appreciated.
#7IAmNotThePopePosted 1/20/2009 1:12:20 PM
What keeps defeating you in Industrial Castle? Is it the ridiculous amount of damage the Fencers and Industrialists do with their magic? I would suggest keeping the enemies off their feet with arrows, air juggles, or magic as much as possible, and just not give them the chance to throw magic at you. That probably sounds obvious, but I'm sort of at a loss for what else to tell you. Personally, I had a lot more trouble with Lava World than the Industrial Castle.
---
GamerTag = SithCats
#8WhaozPosted 1/20/2009 3:17:43 PM
me and a friend started doing insane mode at lvl28 and made it to the troll boss with no problem but that took us like 10 tries and we got easily 10+ levels lol
#9Mkoi_MamaPosted 1/20/2009 3:21:41 PM

Four.

You should really have maxed stats to begin with. I'd say that you should level up as soon as possible, as it'll be necessary later on, regardless. Troll boss is near impossible, alone, and the Corn boss is where it starts getting a bit ridiculous- even for level 78+.

A loooooong time.

I know you say four Motoko, and I know you've actually beaten insane mode, but as far as the first half of the game, you don't need four.

My friend and I got to Lava World/Industrial castle just by us two. We were even level 52 and 48 when we got to these places. I'm still waiting for him to play again.

I'm also dedicated to beating insane mode, I use an Industrialist, and I'm level 78 right now. Once I get to the desert I can get level 99 in two days max, so I'm all for insane mode. Gamer Tag= Yoninx

Hopefully you don't have an Industrialist, but I'm a pretty good player(if I do say so myself :P).

I've also played with Motoko, so he pretty much knows what he's talking about for the most part.
---
http://uk.youtube.com/experiencewii
"We all have our different sexy pandas" - my mom
#10Ironspy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2009 8:13:21 PM
Well, when it's just red knight (me) and blue knight, we get caught at the elevator. We usually use a couple potions getting there, but if we do the arrow thing it's not too bad. But we can't keep doing the arrow thing on the elevator, so it starts to fall apart. It's not just the magic, but it's mostly the magic. Bombs are the suck, but we're getting better at avoiding them.

Once we brought our third player in (orange knight), we got past the elevator, but died on the next wave of enemies. Mostly red knight and blue knight spam arrows and orange knight does some melee to keep the enemies in line. I feel confidant that we could beat Industrial Castle in a couple more tries, but it doesn't bode well for the rest of the game.

Mikoi,
I'll keep you in mind once we get to where we know we'll need a fourth. I am actively trying to goad people into being super psyched about beating the game on Insane.

Any other tips? Any other opinions on whether 3 would be enough?