Can't play online with a friend :\

#1lvcityboyPosted 8/10/2009 5:50:36 PM
Every time we try to start up a 2 game over Live, it takes forever for him just to be able to get in the room because it says that game is no longer available (even though it obviously is). When he finally gets in, a loading screen appears, and as soon as it finishes loading, we both hear a sound and it kicks us out. We've tried 20 times at the very least and this is getting really annoying. Is there a way around this problem?
#2sleepydumbdudePosted 8/10/2009 5:54:59 PM
Same with me its kicking annoying.
---
Live Tag: sleepydumbdude
#3FenixStrykPosted 8/10/2009 6:33:10 PM
Make sure both of your NATs are open. If you can't get a two-player game working, it's almost always connection incompatibility due to NAT conflicts.
---
---
--- My word is law.
#4smothermunchPosted 8/10/2009 8:17:13 PM
There's a long running issue with 2-layer games. Try making a public game and waiting for a 3rd (random) player to join, then start the game and at the map, kick the random out =)
---
Check out the OFFICIAL Castle Crashers wiki: http://castlewiki.castlecrashers.com
#5sleepydumbdudePosted 8/10/2009 8:52:07 PM
Thats what we ended up figuring out. Weird. Anyways thanks.
---
Live Tag: sleepydumbdude
#6keyserv2Posted 8/13/2009 9:34:23 AM
You don't have the right ports opened. Before I configured my router I had problems constantly with every game(even so, CC still has more problems than most). After a few minutes of typing in my router OS my connection has been working like a champ.

If it's a linksys point your internet browser to 192.168.1.1

username and pw should be something like name:admin pw: (nothing) or admin/admin if you didn't change it. Click Applications and Gaming and start putting this crap in. You'll need to specify IP address which is the annoying part because if you have a DHCP setup the xbox IP can change so you may need to add multiple IPs with the forwards.

I hate you Linksys.

Ports to forward:

TCP 80
UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074
UDP 53
TCP 53
#7sleepydumbdudePosted 8/13/2009 10:30:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]