Writer Strike is FINALLY over.

#1Devil May AsianPosted 2/13/2008 11:08:15 PM
http://www.hollyscoop.com/breaking-news/writers-strike-is-over_14608.aspx

welp, any idea what the agreements are? I'm very interested in knowing.
---
DMA, PROUD owner of an original Wolfgang guitar.
#2abaddononion2Posted 2/13/2008 11:10:51 PM
The writers got 2 of the 3 terms they were asking for. THey get something like 8% cut on the profits from internet downloads, and they continue to get profits on renewed downloads that happen in the future. So if a studio takes an old show and starts making it available for download again suddenly, the writers still get their cut (they didnt before).

I dont know what the third term the writers wanted was, exactly, but they didnt get it. Also, the studios didnt manage to take anything else away, which they were trying to at one point. They were saying, "Well we'll give you this money, but we're taking this money away in return." that's why the strike lasted so long.

Also, DMA, where the heck have you been?? i never see you online anymore.
---
I am Abaddon Daemon.
"I would kill you for a snack right now. I mean, seriously. I would end you for a cookie." ~Brian Clevinger
#3Devil May Asian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2008 11:16:36 PM
Good to hear.

AD, it's been a very, VERY typical February again. Lots of things have happened that's kept me overly busy, and MSN hasn't been working for some reason, or YIM. I can get AIM to work every now and then, but it mostly doesn't work. I'll have to mess with my router again, since last time I did that, my 360 downloads have been treating me very well. Could be that or a firewall issue or something of a mah thingy. I'll fill you in on the details when I can. It's been pretty rough. =/
---
DMA, PROUD owner of an original Wolfgang guitar.
#4OnionKnightPosted 2/14/2008 12:33:40 AM
I'm pretty sure the term they didn't get was unionization of Reality and Animation show writers. Should be pretty obvious why that one didn't fly.
---
Terms of Service: Knight of Ragtasock - www.onionknight.com
#5DarkEffigyPosted 2/14/2008 4:53:46 AM
It's about time.

---
Everytime someone accidentally misspells Zeus, I kill a dog.
Number of dogs killed: 60