Question about Fame/Infamy

#1gamemaster1600Posted 3/29/2009 4:28:55 PM
If you have, for example, a fame of 80 and infamy of 70, would characters treat you as if you had no infamy points? In other words, does fame cancel out infamy's negative side effects with NPCs, as long as fame is higher?

I ask this because I am trying to decide whether or not to do the KotN quest Pilgrimage before doing the Thieves guild and/or DB quests.

Thanks.
---
~~~Proud non-owner of a MySpace account~~~
~~~Currently Playing~RE5, Oblivion, Okami~~~
#2Ultima546Posted 3/29/2009 5:51:51 PM
Well, the Pilgrimage ends up setting your Infamy to 0, and you can't wear the KoTN armor if you have more than 1 infamy. So, to clarify, it would save you time if you did the Guild questlines first, then the Pilgrimage.
---
Proud inventor of the word "neutagree", as seen on Resistance 2 boards and others to come!
#3gamemaster1600(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2009 6:23:59 PM
Yes, I knew this about the Pilgrimage quest, however the reason that I wanted to know was because I wanted to have my Infamy points as high as I could by the time I'm done with the TG & DB quests. However, I wasn't sure if a higher Fame rating would cancel out the negative effects of a high infamy rating.

Therefore, if this was the case, I was going to do Pilgrimage first and then the TG & DB.
Otherwise, I would do the TG & DB quests first, then Pilgrimage to get rid of my Infamy and the negative side effects.

I apologise for not being clearer. Thanks.
---
#4Ultima546Posted 3/29/2009 8:25:12 PM
I assume it would, but I'm not sure really.
---
Proud inventor of the word "neutagree", as seen on Resistance 2 boards and others to come!
#5Machines_Of_DogPosted 3/29/2009 9:07:40 PM
having high infamy will raise the disposition of some aggressives...can't remember if it may lower the disposition of some friendlys?...check wiki...

apart from that the only reason you'll ever need 0-1 infamy is to complete the kotn quest line after and before which it is not preventative....you must have 0-1 infamy for one quest but you have to rid your infamy to begin the quest line anyway...
---
[] [] G_A_T_M_O_D [] []
"I give Morrowind: Oblivion a 4/10" ~ x17x2xwildx
#6Aoshi_SamaPosted 3/29/2009 10:18:45 PM
Right now my infamy is at 60 and fame is around 35. Most NPC's have a disposition of 10-30 and scowel when I try and talk to them. I just cast a charm spell on them that does 100 disposition for 2 seconds and I will get any NPC's disposition maxed out no problem. I have not noticed anything else really. I have not done KotN this playthrough.
---
FUNNY!! FUNNY!! -boondock saints-
#7gamemaster1600(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2009 12:26:57 PM
So, would I be safe in going ahead and doing the KotN quests and then the TG & DB?
---
#8Ultima546Posted 3/30/2009 2:23:57 PM
As long as you don't mind redoing the Pilgrimage to wear your Kotn armor.
---
#9gamemaster1600(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2009 3:52:22 PM
Well, I don't really care about the armor, I'd rather have the high Infamy rating as long as a higher fame would cancel out the negative side effects.
Thanks.
---
#10Ultima546Posted 3/30/2009 5:06:31 PM
If your Fame is significantly higher than Infamy, then by all means the effects should end on Fame's side.
---